Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Xelkelvos posted:

Vegapunk is 100% gonna eat it this arc but leave his partitioned selves behind as well as a special Seraphim that answers only to him and has his Devil Fruit power.

… … …

poo poo, that’s actually a really good idea, there is a lot that was said that sets up exactly this potentially happening, including the greenblood thing and how it only applies to Paramecia Types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We could have 7 6 whole Vegapunks on the crew...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Weak

A ship in the Straw Hat Fleet comprised entirely of Vegapunk. Every member of the crew is a Vegapunk. Even the ship is a Vegapunk!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
imagine pirate docking with 7 vegapunks...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:hai:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is there a thread for the One Piece card game? I’ve been having a lot of fun with it so far.

There is one now!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

this feels like entrapment

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Chapter

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5586/one-piece-chapter-1071

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

KAKU VS ZORO! ROUND 2! FIGHT!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Blackbeard about to catch a cannonball to the face

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Blackbeard about to catch a cannonball to the face

Garp about to get murdered and find out what a pissed off Emperor Luffy looks like

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
goddamn zoro

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so who's the secret ally vegapunk is hiding? Enel??? Please???

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Garp got a beard now, huh.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pureauthor posted:

Garp got a beard now, huh.

...he's always had one though?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Infinitum posted:

Garp about to get murdered and find out what a pissed off Emperor Luffy looks like

I'm very afraid of this now, but hoping Garp either while Blackbeard is fighting Law or when being still weak from fighting Law will lead to them just running away and leaving Koby behind

However, Zoro being pissed at being woken up rules. Defending the ship in his sleep (again, he did it against Baroque works too IIRC)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh poo poo, Kid went to Elbaf. Wonder how that affects the chances of us making our way there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mabels big day posted:

It's gotta be Kuma. His whole bit of escaping his friends a few chapters ago chronologically starting just now when Vegapunk made the call. "Of course. I've always been prepared for this order."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's literally Usopp's bucket list item. We're going there

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

There's a real rear end chance Straw Hats escape to Elbaf, too! It's relatively close and probably safe enough from the world government

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Make sense for them to like rocket off Egghead and end up at Elbaf, and Kid getting to Elbaf is just setting up that he's there too

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

It's gotta be Kuma. His whole bit of escaping his friends a few chapters ago chronologically starting just now when Vegapunk made the call. "Of course. I've always been prepared for this order."

i suppose the bits we’ve seen could be a flashback to several days/weeks ago as a twist but I find it hard to believe he goes from a mute robot to answering so eloquently that quick. It would also be weird for VP to hide him from Bonnie and lie to her about him not being able to be fixed. (maybe there is an added twist and the ones we’ve seen have always been robots, and VP’s answer meant “I can’t fix him because I never actually made him a robot”)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

i suppose the bits we’ve seen could be a flashback to several days/weeks ago as a twist but I find it hard to believe he goes from a mute robot to answering so eloquently that quick. It would also be weird for VP to hide him from Bonnie and lie to her about him not being able to be fixed. (maybe there is an added twist and the ones we’ve seen have always been robots, and VP’s answer meant “I can’t fix him because I never actually made him a robot”)

He considers the dragon fruit a failure because it's pink. I could totally believe that Kuma, for all intents and purposes, will be fixed but he's still got some metal parts and thus cannot be fixed by Vegapunk's standards. The speech thing I'd assume it's like a super secret channel between him and Vegapunk that is his only means of verbal communication, to better sell the whole robot thing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
drat, RIP in peace Garp.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

mabels big day posted:

The secret ally is probably Stussy, especially since last chapter's mystery MADS member looks just like her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

jassa posted:

The secret ally is probably Stussy, especially since last chapter's mystery MADS member looks just like her.

the way things played out in the chapter made it seem like this mystery person has been in hiding this whole time on standby, perhaps having been hidden at or near Egghead for a long time. That's definitely NOT Stussy.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe the reason Vegapunk can't restore Kuma is because he put his brain in a different body, which is hiding out on Egghead and ready to reveal itself.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

mabels big day posted:

the way things played out in the chapter made it seem like this mystery person has been in hiding this whole time on standby, perhaps having been hidden at or near Egghead for a long time. That's definitely NOT Stussy.

Or perhaps... hidden under an alias, having worked her way to the top of the WG's intelligence agency. On standby to drop that undercover position and help save her old friend Vegapunk if needed.

That makes more sense to me than a powerful-but-wanted person physically hiding somewhere on a super-important government island for a really long time.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I can't believe Gin has been hiding on Egghead Island all this time...

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Woosh!

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I wonder... is OG Kuma carrying out the incomplete mission of the ancient iron giant?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mystery ally could just be the Revolutionaries. He was talking to Dragon up top, they've evaded Marines to date, etc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

jassa posted:

I wonder... is OG Kuma carrying out the incomplete mission of the ancient iron giant?

If Vegapunk swapped their brains I'm going to scream.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
Didn't he call the cool navy lady at the end?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't expect the "low quality" scan to look this good!

Kuma looks like he's about ready to pull a Fisher Tiger and climb the Red Line.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah I also kinda feel like it's someone who has been hiding out for a long time, not someone we've seen over the past few chapters like Stussy or Kuma, especially since we've already gotten the whole "several robot bodies" reveal, going "actually we have even more robot bodies! anyone could secretly be a robot now!" would seem super redundant.

My left field guess is it is going to be someone from Roger's or maybe even Whitebeard's crew. Vegapunk described them in such a way that they would make escape easy, even moreso than Gear 5 Emperor Luffy, and that's gotta describe few people on the planet. I am probably wrong but it would be neat.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that panel of zoro waking up to defend th ship is super fuckin cool

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Great chapter.

Zoro waking up to defend the ship was sick as hell. Glad he also gets a rematch.

Since we now know that Elbaf is the next island over, I think the person Vegapunk called was a giant he did a favor for in the past. We know that giants take that kind of thing extremely seriously, so of course they'd come as soon as they were called, no problem, and it would give us a reason and method for them to escape to Elbaf for the next major arc!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what if its Kuma, but in like a new body

or maybe saul, idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah I also kinda feel like it's someone who has been hiding out for a long time, not someone we've seen over the past few chapters like Stussy or Kuma, (...) Vegapunk described them in such a way that they would make escape easy, even moreso than Gear 5 Emperor Luffy, and that's gotta describe few people on the planet.
you mean like Kuma, whose devil fruit power allows people to literally instantly vanish and appear in another location?