Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

anime was right posted:

what if its Kuma, but in like a new body

or maybe saul, idk

Buster Call Saul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
But wait, there's more! The chapter.

anime was right posted:

what if its Kuma, but in like a new body

or maybe saul, idk

This is probably the most likely. Which would tie in with Kuma going full robot right after sending all the Strawhats on a trip.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Can’t wait for Robin to watch Saul die so she can escape again

Also the Zoro/Kaku thing mirrors how they first met in Water 7, Zoro was napping while guarding Merry. loving owns

I’m guessing the mystery character is from Roger’s ship, the axe guy. Scopper Gaban and/or the mystery silhouette from the cover stories, and they’ll know how to get to Elbaf.

Edit: fixed Scopper’s name and also want to add it sorta looks like his hair on the denden mushi, but could be the low quality

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 29, 2022

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
It's Scopper Gaban, IMO.

The way Vegapunk talks about that character implies that he genuinely thinks the entire combined forces of CP0 will not be able to win.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Giraffe vs Asura Round Two Let's Gooooooooo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oh my god the answer was in front of us all along

Its gin

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

"They'd have nowhere left to hide if they're in the Government's sights too!"

To me that implies that it's someone not already an enemy of the Government, though it's a bit ambiguous. "The Government's sights" could just mean awareness that they exist which would be consistent with Scopper Gaban.

Still, I like the Stussy theory. It's consistent with what they said. "We still have another ally on this island" doesn't actually imply anything about how long they've been there. And if she was the last member of MADS that would be really cool.

It makes more sense that Vegapunk had more allies like Sentomaru within the Marines/Government, and there was no conflict up until now because he was aligned with the Government until 10 minutes ago. It's a bit weirder if he had a legendary member of Gold Roger's crew hanging out in his basement for 20 years.

Though speaking of spending years in his basement- it could be that he actually revived and befriended that ancient giant robot, or something along those lines.

I dearly want it to be Enel, but I can't imagine how that could be the case.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

”Nowhere left to hide” to me means that the government is already looking for them, and if they reveal themselves here, they won’t be able to hide anymore. But that’s putting too much weight behind a fan translation.

The mystery person waiting for the order is very interesting, both in that they call it an “order” and that it seems like it’s something they’ve been waiting for, as if they knew this day would come, but again, fan translation.

Actually it’s Yamato, Oda changed his mind already

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tolth posted:

It's Scopper Gaban, IMO.

Nah, this arc already had an axe guy and we don't want Luffy to get confused

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
It's the Lord of the Coast and he's been training off-screen and he's now coming for revenge/Shanks' other arm.

Also he's a cyborg now because Vegapunk.

My actual guess is it's either the robot we just saw or, like an above poster said, a not-dead Saul. Give me the guy who disappears people for the govt vs the guy disappeared by the govt! Give me Jaguar vs Leopard! Give me the big-boy catfight! It'd tie really well into Robin stuff for those two to face off.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 29, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
It's Caesar Clown, and he's bringing Judge and the Vinsmokes with him to help out their mutual colleague.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Siliziumleben posted:

you mean like Kuma, whose devil fruit power allows people to literally instantly vanish and appear in another location?

hmm yes interesting but it appears I wrote there that I don't think it's Kuma

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Delphisage posted:

It's Caesar Clown, and he's bringing Judge and the Vinsmokes with him to help out their mutual colleague.

C-Caesar? Who's that? I'm Vegapunk's...uhhh... blood brother, Gadgeteer Gasparo!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Zoro is cool

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Siliziumleben posted:

you mean like Kuma, whose devil fruit power allows people to literally instantly vanish and appear in another location?

Of note, Kuma's power isn't instant. He repels them at very high speed, but it still takes time from paw-paw touch to paw shaped impact crater. It took Luffy 3 days to be sent from Sabaody to Amazon Lilly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

kuma doing the ralph through the window right at the start is v funny

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I just realised, Kuma collided with the red line, but that's not how his power usually works. It sent the Strawhats to their destinations all over the world (some of them on the other side of the red line) and gently deposited them on the ground.

Kuma's destination was inside the landmass, very close to the WG logo.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

jassa posted:

I wonder... is OG Kuma carrying out the incomplete mission of the ancient iron giant?

Maybe?! That would explain why the beginning of the chapter felt so weird. Something has to be up with Kuma stopping after smashing into the Red Line. Its not a barrier. He should be able to Paw Paw himself over it without any issue. Hes stopping for some other reason

jassa posted:

I just realised, Kuma collided with the red line, but that's not how his power usually works. It sent the Strawhats to their destinations all over the world (some of them on the other side of the red line) and gently deposited them on the ground.

Im almost certain every straw hat got sent to somewhere in the Grand Line, or into a blue that wouldnt require Red Line traversal. I know none of them ended up in the New World

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

jassa posted:

Or his destination is on the other side of the Red Line and it's just taller than he was flying at. His aim is probably not tip top right now, so he might have hosed up the necessary angle to avoid obstacles in his path.

Alternatively, Yggdrasil was in his way so he couldn't go straight, and bouncing off the red line was the quickest way to fix his trajectory to go around it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We've been joking about it, but it's finally happening

Cyborg Ace

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Maybe?! That would explain why the beginning of the chapter felt so weird. Something has to be up with Kuma stopping after smashing into the Red Line. Its not a barrier. He should be able to Paw Paw himself over it without any issue. Hes stopping for some other reason

Im almost certain every straw hat got sent to somewhere in the Grand Line, or into a blue that wouldnt require Red Line traversal. I know none of them ended up in the New World
Hmm. I wonder. Let's work it out. North Blue and West Blue are on the other side of the Red Line from the first half of the Grand Line. And checking all their locations... everyone went to islands on the first half of the Grand Line except Robin and Chopper who went to East Blue and South Blue. And Nami who went to a sky island.

Checks out. Kuma's power might indeed be stopped by the Red Line.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So it was totally Lilith who switched off the defences so she'd have a chance to crack some CP-0 skulls, right?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So it was totally Lilith who switched off the defences so she'd have a chance to crack some CP-0 skulls, right?

Or she did it because she thought "Hey, I'm supposed to be the Evil one, so I should fulfill that title by siding with evil against myself!"

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I noticed a detail about Stussy when looking back at recent chapters: she's familiar with Egghead. She's the one who explains that the monsters are holograms, and explains the Frontier Dome. When Lucci comments that she's well informed, she mentions that it's nostalgic for her and leaves it at that.

I'm now all but convinced that she's Vegapunk's ally they were talking about this chapter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

We've been joking about it, but it's finally happening

Cyborg Ace

Sabo really is dead

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For the mystery ally I’m guessing either Scopper Gaban(the last notable Rogers pirate who is unaccounted for), or the real Kuma in a new body(though I’m sceptical because Vegapunk seems to assume they could take on all of CP-0).

No idea for the hacker. Maybe one of the Vegapunks is a traitor that wants to live their own life?

As for robo-Kuma I think they crashed into the Red line because their destination is on the other side.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
My bet is a new Seraphim made without the Government's knowledge.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its Seraphim Buggy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hatty posted:

Its Seraphim Buggy

You just made me realize there's potentially a Seraphim of Law somewhere on Egghead, oh god

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Sabo really is dead

Good riddance.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Actually it's not impossible that the mystery person is Sabo, we know that Vegapunk has some sort of teleporter tech, he could have rescued Sabo and vowed to keep him hidden and is now reluctantly calling him for aide even though it would mean revealing that he's still alive to CP0

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know who is hiding from everyone and uses code names?

Vivi is coming to save the day with the unkillable Pell and the Super Spot-Billed Duck Troops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zoro vs. Kaku!

Garp vs. Blackbeard!

Chapter... good!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
is Blackbeard going to forget that Garp doesn't have a fruit, try the black hole thing, and receive a fist flying at his face at twice normal speed?

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Super Rad posted:

Actually it's not impossible that the mystery person is Sabo, we know that Vegapunk has some sort of teleporter tech, he could have rescued Sabo and vowed to keep him hidden and is now reluctantly calling him for aide even though it would mean revealing that he's still alive to CP0
This is exactly what would happen if this were one of the movies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pureauthor posted:

is Blackbeard going to forget that Garp doesn't have a fruit, try the black hole thing, and receive a fist flying at his face at twice normal speed?

i wonder if BBs fruit will work on luffy and then luffys powers come back because everyone believes in him or hes just like "hell yeah im a gomu man" and that dream manifests into reality

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Super Rad posted:

I'm not sure he has teleportation tech, I think he was projecting a hologram when we first met him. He came out of that robot shell like a ghost after all

My theory is that VP can't restore Kuma to himself because he promised Kuma he wouldn't. This is based on nothing at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

100%

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pureauthor posted:

God I hope so, it was so satisfying seeing Whitebeard just instantly resort to beating his rear end when his Quake-Quake fruit got turned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Thinking about Blackbeard's fruit and how it's the opposite of Luffy's fruit. Is it despair to oppose Luffy's hope?