Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wrong. Nese is fine, and he'll more than hold his end of the match up against any opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

The thing is Swerve at least has Hit Row on nxt to remember him by. All Tony Nese was in wwe was 205 live.

Yeah Swerve has two bad things he needed to overcome.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Nese needs to lean in hard on being Jay White’s well groomed doppelgänger, that’s where the real money is

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Dave's issue is that Neese doesn't feel like a big match for Bryan for the Seattle debut not that it'd be a bad match. But than we have Darby/Joe which is a Seattle guy in a big spot

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Personally, I'd have preferred Josh Woods, but regardless, a Danielson-Nese match given enough time will fairly likely own bones. I just want a good match, and for everyone to have a good time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dave’s issue with Niece is that he’s a boring jobber who belongs on a Fed C-show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dave’s issue with Niece is that he’s a boring jobber who belongs on a Fed C-show

205 live

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Tony Nese has PPV victories over Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Riddle, Swerve, and Darby Allin in EVOLVE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Nese needs to lean in hard on being Jay White’s well groomed doppelgänger, that’s where the real money is

He's come up with a fantastic joke where when he has a title, he's gonna show up at the Post-PPV Media Scrum with his own belt holder and place the title easily and without fuss onto it. It's gonna be great, he's just gotta win that title first. Any minute now....

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think Dave's issue is that Neese doesn't feel like a big match for Bryan for the Seattle debut not that it'd be a bad match. But than we have Darby/Joe which is a Seattle guy in a big spot

Danielson is gonna be over huge in Seattle so you want to give him a match he will for sure win while making sure the dude he wrestles can go in the ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He doesn’t seem very boring his matches are great and he fits in with the funniest act in the company. Seems like Dave is just wrong and divorced.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Look, some people are just a lot more Gabe-brained then others, and see the same things Gabe does when looking at the wrestler equivalent of a ziploc of room temp water.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Dave Meltzer is so wrong and divorced that he is divorced from actually saying that about Tony Nese:

quote:

Ughhhh. I mean, Tony Nese is a very good worker but he's got no charisma. I mean great, the people [in Seattle] get to see Bryan... but I would have rather reversed it and put Tony Nese on the show this week and have Ethan Page next week.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dave is good but also so is Tony Nese. This is the only right opinion on the matter.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Nese is really boring on his own, but TK had the good sense to give him a tag team partner and a goofus manager to interact with. The match with Danielson will be good and it'll give the babyface a win in his hometown so I don't see why Dave would even care enough to object.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Flipping them would have been goofy. Neese is a guy who Bryan can clown on and pop the home crowd. Ethan is someone they're obviously building up as a heel. Don't put him in a match where he wouldn't be able to share the spotlight with Bryan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Dave Meltzer is so wrong and divorced that he is divorced from actually saying that about Tony Nese:

If Dave spent less time complaining about Smart Mark Sterling and more time watching the product (and also not reporting bullshit) he would see how silly it is to say Tony Nese has no charisma in TYOOL 2022.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Dave is good but also so is Tony Nese. This is the only right opinion on the matter.

Got it in one.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
dave always says aew has too much great talent but then there's guys like tony nese and kip sabian on tv this week, the math doesn't check out

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

dave always says aew has too much great talent but then there's guys like tony nese and kip sabian on tv this week, the math doesn't check out

Sucks that AEW is forced to put these handsome, talented wrestlers on TV

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's going to be funny when he squashes Neese and chases down MJF again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

your friend wicka posted:

Sucks that AEW is forced to put these handsome, talented wrestlers on TV

what channel are they putting them on

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In WWE Nese was one of the top workers in the company and was underrated who always worked. In AEW he's not even maybe in the top 50% and he's so thoroughly outclassed by his competition it explains why Dave is UGH. You're only as good as something is bad. He's A Good Hand.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

In WWE Nese was one of the top workers in the company and was underrated who always worked. In AEW he's not even maybe in the top 50% and he's so thoroughly outclassed by his competition it explains why Dave is UGH. You're only as good as something is bad. He's A Good Hand.

i dont think this is true, even slightly

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

what channel are they putting them on

TNT8

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1608867741737570306
Funny that we ended up with 22 episodes for 2022, but I like good old serendipity like that

Excited to learn from this year and try to keep a regular schedule (record every other week); wish I got more feedback from it other than what my LA co-hosts tell me their friends say

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

i dont think this is true, even slightly

i think lid is right.

this merch guy on jerichos podcast is the most boring guest he's had on in a very long time and he isn't even well versed on anything that's non-wwe.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1609023967251124224

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Right you are, Ken Don.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/veryimportant/status/1532578860163911682?s=20&t=wKP9hINv3b1bp0UZp4bRvw

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All timer tweet

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
nice to hear dave talking about how much he's looking forward to talking at bryan again

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1609680696154664961

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
rebel commando Jesse Ventura rope laddering his way into the Death Star

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hogan, hhh, and jesse ventura all calling into bubba the love sponge to poo poo on jericho lmao

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I already know this is about Deadlock and I can't wait.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

CVagts posted:

I already know this is about Deadlock and I can't wait.

because i am the game-ahh

thats right brother

e: somebody find a show with taker, hhh, stone cold, vince, paul bearer, jesse ventura, and JR to see if jawwny's vocal cords explode reviewing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Insane that he's been gone this long

time really isn't a thing anymore

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk it definitely feels like it's been at least 15 years of vickie stinking up wrestling television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

idk it definitely feels like it's been at least 15 years of vickie stinking up wrestling television

Ratio