Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Futanari Damacy posted:

Wow, every single thing capable of cooking food broke? :nallears:

I'm acquaintances with a really good sushi chef, a guy who started working in his family's restaurant when he was 13. he finally got to be head chef of a kitchen when a retiring couple decided to live their dream of opening a restaurant, sort of a jazzy Asian fusion place.

on opening night, they didn't have some important equipment, including a loving stove, so this guy figured out how to cook 7 or 8 different things using the deep-frying setup, some of them using the heat source rather than the oil.

my favorite was in fact deep-fried: the Japanese corn dog, a cased tuna sausage on a chopstick, dipped in tempura batter. he initially jury-rigged a sausage stuffing device out of a 20-oz Pepsi bottle. despite everything I just said, that item does not belong in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't think I've heard of tuna sausage, now I really want to try a Japanese corn dog.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rn32g1xV0K1r0uzl6.mp4

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Hell yes. I'm taking a couple of bites in the car and the rest is feeding me for a week+

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ColdPie posted:

Back before I knew how to cook, living with roommates, we had only two hot dogs and tortillas in the fridge.

Tortillas aren't buns, but they're still bread-ish, a little weird, but sounds all right. However because I'm an idiot, I chucked the cold hot dogs on the cold tortilla, put that all on a plate into the microwave for 60 seconds.

Out came a soggy rear end tortilla soaked in hot dog juice with microwaved hot dogs on top. Then, I put ketchup and mustard on it.

I got about a third of the way through before gagging, giving up and going to Subway down the street.

Lmao thank you for sharing seriously

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

three hams will fill him, three hams will thrill him

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rn5r3kmyZW1s1ddrj_720.mp4

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

They call me Messi because I'm the best at this and I always spill mustard on my shirt.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Empty Sandwich posted:

three hams will fill him, three hams will thrill him

wow, haven't thought of that in years

show was so goddamned stupid and I still love it

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

God bless us, everyone.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Spaghetti-O aspic sounds like eating congealed vomit.

:sludgepal:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Lol why would anyone do that. It is less effort to simply throw the food in the garbage

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I always find this suh a childish argument. All that stuff is delicious :colbert:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

They forgot the permitted levels of animal feces & insect parts!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

©2022 Bar S

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

ekuNNN posted:

I always find this suh a childish argument. All that stuff is delicious :colbert:

I think the only thing I care about is Brains cause I don't think you can cook away Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What is this "might" poo poo and why can't the FDA guarantee that will be in my hot dog

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

I think the only thing I care about is Brains cause I don't think you can cook away Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Isn't that just a problem if you're eating human brai-

Oh

Oh no

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Isn't that just a problem if you're eating human brai-

Oh

Oh no

Oh come on, you didn't really think hot dogs taste that delicious just filled with bland old animal meat. Or could sell for so cheap!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Prions are what makes meat tasty. Blend all that nervous system tissue in there gimmie that Kuru.

What's super awesome in the USA is that the overpopulated, underhunted White Tail Deer are spreading around Chronic Wasting Disease and there are still a LOT of people who eat them.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
No, I don't think that sounds awesome at all!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/Txn4Ax9.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Geez, I know footy scran is usually pretty terrible but that seems like an overreaction

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

the lone mcpoyle

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Dude seriously wtf

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ro046q2qhb1s1ddrj_720.mp4

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

No matter what horrible crimes those hot dogs might of committed I am firmly against the death penalty. :colbert:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

dr_rat posted:

No matter what horrible crimes those hot dogs might of committed I am firmly against the death penalty. :colbert:

Get this hot dog non-eating filth outta here!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Much like with crustaceans, I do not object to eating hot dogs but I prefer that they be killed in a more humane way

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh, it works. We had one of those Rival cookers in 1978.

It does an excellent job of heating the hotdogs quickly while imparting a noticeable tang of ozone to each one and all the way through.

If you ever wondered what a bionic hot dog might taste like, this will satisfy.

Cheaper, smaller, countertop microwave ovens made them superfluous. Saw 'em at yard sales for a decade

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Now primarily sold on the grey market to a particular strain on masochists.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/c04kPau.mp4

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is that patty just fried spam

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I spent some time perusing the (auto translated) comments and I still don't know

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Whatever it is it looks delicious

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kinda want to give Mr. Mustache's thick meat a taste

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I'm thinking it's a slice of a thick sausage, probably with a bunch of flour in it to maintain the consistency and make it cheaper. Also much safer to deal with in a street food context than raw hamburger patties.

Looks a lot like a makkarapihvi (lit. sausage-steak):

You can buy this poo poo in any corner store in Finland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think it is some kind of Leberkäse