Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Give me the Yoko Taro XVII. Please and thank you, Kitase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They’re skipping ahead to FFXVIII

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I platinumed Stranger of Paradise while unjustly probated by the bitcoin overlord and drat, that game is real fuckin good

Gotta wait for a sale on the season pass but man am I hankering for more

I just plat'd it to, my first ever plat. I didn't realize the only thing I had to do was a couple of side missions. I just beat the second WoL and unlocked the second DLC as well. The DLC is pretty meh unless you really want to grind, which some sicko part of my brain likes to do in this game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NieR Occomata posted:

They’ve pretty much removed the tailing mission sections of MH, fwiw.

I only played a bit of World and bounced off it because I'm not paying for Playstation Plus so I had to do it solo and I never got really good at any of the weapons but when I say tailing missions, I meant the part where you have to go find the monster from wherever you spawn in from.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

FFXIII-2:

Lightning is still around in a place called Valhalla? And there's an dude who seems to be angry that his girlfriend died so he summons Chaos Bahamut and blows Lightning up before she sends this dude through a time gate with a Moogle XBow.

Last I knew Lightning was turned into Crystal though?

Then I got to control Serah for about 2 seconds before the game crashed so I'm gonna download that patch NikkolasKing linked lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mean Baby posted:

The DLC is pretty meh unless you really want to grind

oh i do

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Full remakes of every single Final Fantasy as the character action games they have decided everybody wants them to be.

Also Vivi will say 'gently caress'.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Welp with the patch I got through the first bit with Serah and Noel where you fight on the beach

Then it crashed again :negative:

I'm gonna see if it'll work if I run it in a lower resolution or something, ughhhhhhh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh God no, not real time action! Imagine having to move to an enemy and hit a button to attack them like Tales of Phantasia or Secret of Mana!

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It was kinda bad in FFXV, but it rules in SoP and VIIR

Apparently I need to turn off cloud saves to fix FFXIII-2. I will try this

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 2, 2023

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah they remade the game to have different combat. If you want turn based combat you can just play the original. Your misery is your own doing, cleretic, just like play the originals and stop bitching all the time

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

It was kinda bad in FFXV, but it rules in SoP and VIIIR

Apparently I need to turn off cloud saves to fix FFXIII-2. I will try this

Oh yeah, apparently OneDrive can cause this too sometimes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cleretic posted:

Full remakes of every single Final Fantasy as the character action games they have decided everybody wants them to be.

sounds badass op, I will buy them all

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

High-quality 3D remakes of FF1-6, pixel remaster demakes of FF7-15. :colbert:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

If ever you were going to do non-critical path stuff on your all the FFs quest, FF13-2 might be the one. Unless you don't like the paradigm battle system I guess. You'll be popping back and forth between times and timelines for the main story, and you can go back and win previously unwinnable fights. You get fun boss fights and quick, funny alternate endings. Like when you beat Lavos in the middle ages and then everyone is frogs sort of thing

Agents are GO! posted:

High-quality 3D remakes of FF1-6, pixel remaster demakes of FF7-15. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no more remakes, make them churn out like three new numbered entries in five years and see what wacky poo poo they come up with

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FF7 8bit version

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

FF7 8bit version

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_(unofficial_Famicom_version)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Yoshi P has been fired for making actual good games contrary to what "They" want and in the next few months they're going to Bahamut FF14 again and this time the new version will be led by that guy who did FF11 and it will have mandatory NFTs

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

FF7 8bit version

I played a FF7 pseudo-port for the TI-89 graphing calculator in 8th grade

I remember you wandered around a world map and got into random fights.

edit: Wow I actually found it when I googled it on a whim just now - https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/86/8633.html

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

FF9 in the style of a tales game where the combat arenas are 2D stages to help further push the Theatre theming the game has would be good and cool actually.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FFIX but the battle system is faster and you can choose when to trance. There are no other changes because it needs no other changes.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

GloomMouse posted:

If ever you were going to do non-critical path stuff on your all the FFs quest, FF13-2 might be the one. Unless you don't like the paradigm battle system I guess. You'll be popping back and forth between times and timelines for the main story, and you can go back and win previously unwinnable fights. You get fun boss fights and quick, funny alternate endings. Like when you beat Lavos in the middle ages and then everyone is frogs sort of thing

I actually love the Paradigm system so I might actually do that.

FFXIII-2: I did not expect Time Travel shenanigans! A dude comes back in time from the end of the world and is sent further back in time to meet Serah and help her uncover the gates and deal with the whacky poo poo caused by a time-traveling crystal meteor. She agrees to go to the future with the dude, and they bump two years into the future and end up in Cocoon. Unfortunately, traveling through time fucks some poo poo up and makes a giant arm activate and they fight it. Now they gotta go contain it once they clear up the confusion with the Academy.

Honestly I loving love this so far. I don't know why but I utterly love the Paradigm system, it makes it feel very tactical. It's like the exact opposite of FFXV. I'm looking forward to continuing this and seeing how things go!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I gently caress with 13-2's ost

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

FF9 in the style of a tales game where the combat arenas are 2D stages to help further push the Theatre theming the game has would be good and cool actually.

FF9 on a stage but it plays like Patapon

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Vitamean posted:

Oh yeah it slaps

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Cleretic posted:

whatever your favorite FF game is the combat is worse then KH2 and FF7Rs

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vitamean posted:

CBAT (Boss Butt Rock Mix)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah they remade the game to have different combat. If you want turn based combat you can just play the original. Your misery is your own doing, cleretic, just like play the originals and stop bitching all the time

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I liked turn-based combat, but Final Fantasy games have never had good turn-based combat.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

Oh yeah it slaps

13-2 and other side games have proven that square enix music's secret weapon is naoshi mizuta and he should work on another mainline game

all you fools buying theatrhythm next month don't sleep on the ff11 tracks

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

RevolverDivider posted:

whatever your favorite FF game is the combat is worse then KH2 and FF7Rs

tbf almost ever game has worse combat than KH2 or FF7R

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FrostyPox posted:

FFXIII-2:

Lightning is still around in a place called Valhalla? And there's an dude who seems to be angry that his girlfriend died so he summons Chaos Bahamut and blows Lightning up before she sends this dude through a time gate with a Moogle XBow.

Last I knew Lightning was turned into Crystal though?

Then I got to control Serah for about 2 seconds before the game crashed so I'm gonna download that patch NikkolasKing linked lmao

Oh poo poo hold on. If you're using my old MEGA Link, I gotta reupload. I'm always running out of space on that thing so I delete stuff when I no longer need it.

https://mega.nz/file/eNU0zRxa#M1h8nupMmUegXnhE0kyaeQMT2lxv-VyG6MhPISuIwoU

Hopefully this helps and makes the game at least mostly stable. It did for me. I still got freezes and crashes but not nearly as often.

Also, if you like the battle system, just be warned that XIII-2 is..I dunno, 60-70% optional content. It's like X-2 that way. As such, if you actaully go around and do non main story things, you will almost assuredly end up way overleveled and make the main game a total joke.

I'll say this for XIII - fixed levels/stats by story progress is awesome. Chrono Criss also did it, one of that game's many virtues.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Vitamean posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwzvMzfh-0I

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aeris will die in FF7R after all, and immediately she will be replaced by General Leo.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Turning off cloud saving seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks though!

I have been pretty consistently not doing any content outside the main story with a few exceptions, so not too worried about overlevelling. Like I've said before, when I finish this marathon (which will be relatively soon; after XIII-2 I've only got LR, X-2, Crisis Core, and 4 AY left) I'm gonna go back and play a couple more thoroughly and those will probably be VIII, XIII, XIII-2, and Type-0.

EDIT: Well, until VII Rebirth and XVI come out anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

finally, Final Fantasy Tactics A3

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

god drat yes!!!!!!!!!!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

finally, Final Fantasy Tactics A3

About drat time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Since they seem to be releasing all their games on PC (even if it is a year after console launch in some cases), I fully welcome a new FF Tactics if that's what they're gonna do