Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

don't know about all that but I bet it is going to be a fun match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Nese vs Danielson is gonna rip and I don't care about how many wins Nese has

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

How did you leave off the most brain dead take?

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1609909266013642752

What is up with AEW detractors and acting like wrestlers are being forced into things they obviously want to do. Like drat, Bryan missed the Tokyo Dome for the AEW debut in his home town? Tony's madness must be stopped.

Nothing funnier than wrestling watchers getting mad at a guaranteed great match.

Leslie is the furthest thing from a wwe drone but he must be a massive punk fan because ever since all out hes developed Bucks Derangement Syndrome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I understand the match is set up to continue Bryan's road to MJF and I am not saying Nese is a terrible wrestler. That doesn't mean this isn't a poo poo underwhelming nothing match for Bryan's debut in Seattle. Apparently Tony didn't think giving Bryan a marque match in Seattle was important. That's fine but it's disappointing.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

I understand the match is set up to continue Bryan's road to MJF and I am not saying Nese is a terrible wrestler. That doesn't mean this isn't a poo poo underwhelming nothing match for Bryan's debut in Seattle. Apparently Tony didn't think giving Bryan a marque match in Seattle was important. That's fine but it's disappointing.

tf you on, its going to look good on tv and the crowd is going to go bonkers. just say what you mean and tell us how you could have fantasy booked it better had your dad been a billionaire.

bartok
May 10, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

yes because a 20 year+ veteran and living legend like Bryan has zero input in his creative direction

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's a crap uninspired match for Bryan's debut. You don't have to defend it to your dying breath.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Doesn't sound like a poo poo nothing match. Sounds like a really good match that Bryan wants to do.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
tony khan prostrating himself in front of bryan danielson, who just keeps repeating "give me tony nese in seattle" with a poo poo-eating grin on his face

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s not the match I would have booked but I would have booked Bryan and Sting to beat The Acclaimed for the tag titles so maybe I shouldn’t be booking

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

It's a crap uninspired match for Bryan's debut. You don't have to defend it to your dying breath.

Me posting about something twice: defending something until my dying breath

You making your second post about something: chill and laid back, not mad at all, and obviously correct of course

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bartok posted:

don't know about all that but I bet it is going to be a fun match

This is the WORST take I’ve ever seen in this thread. fun matches, pfft

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also if this is about records, they're both 0-0 for the new year so both have benefits to taking the match. Neese gets a chance at a huge way to start the year. Danielson gets an easy win in his home town to start building the record.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Not to mention was Danielson even interested in going to japan at this current moment?

On the one hand, a huge part of leaving was because he wants to do a Tokyo Dome show as a featured talent and not working a six-man opener as a junior, and do one G1 before he retires (also wanting to bleed, and also get to work like he used to before WWE being the other major factors) and at the time he signed to AEW that was far and away a much more do-able thing through All Elite,

On the other, he’s also said he had his fill working in front of non-cheering crowds in 2020 and is willing to wait out the no-cheering restrictions before taking dates with them.

Of course people are also forgetting that I think Bryan literally wanted to have a WrestleMania match with Drew Gulak. He worked a match with Rocky on Rampage just because he saw him backstage and was like “holy poo poo, hey man!” and after like five minutes catching up lobbied Tony to book them against each other for Rampage because it had been over a decade since they last locked up (that was a great match, by the way, probably Rocky’s best since the El Phantasmo match in BOSJ in 2019). Bryan’s sometimes just gonna work guys because he wants to work guys, and leave it up to Tony to figure out how to thread it into the larger story. The dude just wants to wrestle. The man said “sure put me on a Rampage Youtube pre-show against Smackdown” because it meant he would get to work a Suzuki match.

But yes Leslie’s brain broke due to the scrum and the Struggle Session episode where he talks about it has some real “oh wow this is literally taking Punk at his word and assuming everyone else is full of poo poo” takes.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 2, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

McMahonism is keeping your talent so jerked around they’re thankful for a Hulu match
Khanism is the talent bullying the booker into violating space/time laws for five more minutes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If we're all taking it for granted that it's gonna be a great match because both Bryan and Nese are great wrestlers, I don't see what's so unreasonable about then asking, then why doesn't Nese win at all on TV? If Nese won more on TV, this would be more than a guaranteed easy win for Bryan in his hometown and I'm pretty sure I've seen "too many matches where the winner is a given" posited as one of Khan's booking flaws fairly often in this subforum.

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
If Nese won more then people would say that Danielson was burying him when he loses

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I am going to the show and while I'm not particularly excited by the match I'm not upset about it either.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

If we're all taking it for granted that it's gonna be a great match because both Bryan and Nese are great wrestlers, I don't see what's so unreasonable about then asking, then why doesn't Nese win at all on TV? If Nese won more on TV, this would be more than a guaranteed easy win for Bryan in his hometown and I'm pretty sure I've seen "too many matches where the winner is a given" posited as one of Khan's booking flaws fairly often in this subforum.

People were also really excited AEW was bringing back squashes and fun jobbers.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MJeff posted:

If we're all taking it for granted that it's gonna be a great match because both Bryan and Nese are great wrestlers, I don't see what's so unreasonable about then asking, then why doesn't Nese win at all on TV?

He very good at the doing matches part of wrestling, but less good at connecting with a crowd, character work, etc. So hes best used as "enhancement talent" where he goes out and makes the other guy look great without loving up or upstaging them. Theres a reason he's gotten booked in so many debut matches.

If tv time wasn't such a limited resource I could see letting him win a couple but other stories are understandably a higher priority.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Neese/Bryan is gonna be a good match and while I do get the criticism that it's not a marquee matchup I'm okay with it on the card cause they have Joe/Darby has the marquee matchup for the local market place.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

little munchkin posted:

Nothing funnier than wrestling watchers getting mad at a guaranteed great match.

Leslie is the furthest thing from a wwe drone but he must be a massive punk fan because ever since all out hes developed Bucks Derangement Syndrome.

Leslie has contrarian brain. He's a smart guy, but he's got that addiction to always having a hot take. Some times he finds clever ways to go against the flow, othertimes it's just boring.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have no idea how they decided Bryan's opponent but I would be entirely unsurprised if they asked Bryan who he wanted to face in his hometown and Bryan - who has known Tony Nese for more than a decade but never wrestled him one on one - said "Tony Nese".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you can't have your entire roster win all the time, and some of your roster is going to be people mainly there to put over other wrestlers. AEW also has a very good track record on making people look strong in losses, and even if (say) dante and darius lose more often than they win, you'd be silly to call them jobbers who can't believably win

Tony Nese is a reasonably strong opponent especially with two people in his corner ready to cheat for him, and we'll likely see some strong stuff from him even though he's likely not winning, and that's okay

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

Leslie has contrarian brain. He's a smart guy, but he's got that addiction to always having a hot take. Some times he finds clever ways to go against the flow, othertimes it's just boring.

He had some pretty good Glass Onion takes, to be fair.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lamuella posted:

I have no idea how they decided Bryan's opponent but I would be entirely unsurprised if they asked Bryan who he wanted to face in his hometown and Bryan - who has known Tony Nese for more than a decade but never wrestled him one on one - said "Tony Nese".

Actually this inspired me to look up if they'd ever shared a ring together and - other than the Greatest Royal Rumble where they weren't in the ring at the same time - Nese and Bryan were in a match together only once, when they tagged for the New York Wrestling Connection in one of Bryan's last indie dates following his release and rehire in 2010.

Anc thinking about that, Bryan faced a really weird and wonderful selection of people on those indie dates. Eddie Kingston, Johnny Gargano, Tommy End, QT Marshall, Shingo Takagi, Bobby Fish, Roderick Strong, Jon Moxley (twice), Savio Vega, Alex Reynolds, Shelton Benjamin, and YAMATO.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

For someone so "boring" and "uncharismatic", Tony Nese sure does inspire some loving insane posting

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

For someone so "boring" and "uncharismatic", Tony Nese sure does inspire some loving insane posting

His abs are driving me crazy, that’s for sure

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Future Me Hates Me posted:

If Nese won more then people would say that Danielson was burying him when he loses

Yup it’s this. If neese suddenly had a poo poo load of wins people would cry about how he shouldn’t lose because he’s been gaining momentum lately.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Post more nakamura takes. Or people with no concept of great muta

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nese actually calls all the shots backstage and threatened to give Tony Khan a swirlie if he doesn’t get to do the job to DBD in Seattle.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tbh I think it's less about Tony Nese and more about how people are drat sure that Danielson is being held back in AEW since he hasn't had a title yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I can't think of a better way to say this but if I'm not complaining about it then it's not worth complaining about.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Bryan is a confirmed backstage bully as testified by Ryback

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I already had a "I'm sick of hearing about wrestlers in their hometowns" in the chamber before I encountered all this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

Post more nakamura takes. Or people with no concept of great muta

https://twitter.com/AlfredoReyes24/status/1609683151999188995?t=WmHfpsZbPtP8xpKeB7HHYw&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If you think about it, tagging with Hit Row is basically the same as defeating The Great Muta in his last singles match ever.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The_Rob posted:

Yup it’s this. If neese suddenly had a poo poo load of wins people would cry about how he shouldn’t lose because he’s been gaining momentum lately.

Under no circumstances would anyone ever say Tony Nese "has momentum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/TimothyBOsborne/status/1609905112289247232?t=2JXhFD8ADGeqj5GZHY8Ozw&s=19