Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

symbolic posted:

also low-effort Photoshop

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sube
Nov 7, 2022

really cool chapter. also excited to learn more how nayuta is doing

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

symbolic posted:

Incredible. :lmao:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
this comic is very good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god drat tht ending lmao

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
What if Fami's real plan was to get Denji and Asa together?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Fivemarks posted:

What if Fami's real plan was to get Denji and Asa together?

Fami is a DenjixAsa shipper

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

lol

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There’s no way Denji followed directions. He def peeked

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I thought she was going to make a million yen sword but this is so much better.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
will the whole building disappear? just the glass and water gets dumped on poor Asa? Eternity start screaming as it's skin is now missing? who tf knows but I'm here for it

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Cool and quiet-appearing character who is actually a panicking dumbass needs to become a new trope.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Scallop Eyes posted:

1 million yen (7600 in today dollars) seems to low to buy an entire aquarium, but maybe it was different in the 90's.

That doesn't matter though, we need more pages of Asa and denji being cute and committing crimes together

I checked local used car listings. It's like trading a 2016 Hyundai Elantra with a hundred thousand miles on it. For an aquarium.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is going to work and I want to know what happens to the money.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

sube posted:

really cool chapter. also excited to learn more how nayuta is doing
I'm curious about Nayuta too after what Denji said. Presumably she's far less of an anti-social menace than the oneshot version of her from way back

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

will the whole building disappear? just the glass and water gets dumped on poor Asa? Eternity start screaming as it's skin is now missing? who tf knows but I'm here for it
My bet: because this is Chainsaw Man it doesn't actually work but idk maybe the Eternity Devil decides to show up to go wtf at the attempt anyway.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Sorry, was there a canonical Nayuta appearance besides the end of Part 1 and part of her head in that one panel?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

UP AND ADAM posted:

Sorry, was there a canonical Nayuta appearance besides the end of Part 1 and part of her head in that one panel?

One of Fujimoto's early one-shots is about a character that is basically just Nayuta. Neat for context, but otherwise no she hasn't appeared in Chainsaw canon.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/0955f96e-c403-4fd5-a2fa-803cfa6a250c

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think this needs to work because we need to find out what a aquarium spear looks like.

And honestly, I wouldn't even call it a stupid plan. It doesn't make much real-world sense, but it's a clever bit of lateral thinking to test the limitations of her powers (which have their own logic that she's still figuring out).

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
is she buying a single large tank vs the entire building?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ruflux posted:

My bet: because this is Chainsaw Man it doesn't actually work but idk maybe the Eternity Devil decides to show up to go wtf at the attempt anyway.

Idk, reality bending antics are absolutely Fujimotos strength and it would be a big missed opportunity

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
my theory: it works and everyone is dumped into an empty lot that is now full of dead and distressed sea creatures flopping on land, many confused aquarium goers, and an eternity devil

gag panel where the penguins are in danger

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The plan fails but the Economics Devil rips open a hole in space-time to stare in consternation.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

my theory: it works and everyone is dumped into an empty lot that is now full of dead and distressed sea creatures flopping on land, many confused aquarium goers, and an eternity devil

gag panel where the penguins are in danger

I feel like anyone else would be asking a ton of questions but Denji would go oh sweet... so about that promise

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
By this logic couldn't she turn her home into a super powerful weapon? Downside is she'd be homeless.

V : I would say it's more emotional investment than owning something, otherwise how would she turn people into weapons?

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 3, 2023

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

It would make sense for the War Devil's power to work entirely based on whether you believe something is yours, similar to how Makima had to consider a being to be below her in order to control it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Mraagvpeine posted:

By this logic couldn't she turn her home into a super powerful weapon? Downside is she'd be homeless.

V : I would say it's more emotional investment than owning something, otherwise how would she turn people into weapons?

The spear doesn't need to be powerful, it just needs to not be an infinite room with them trapped inside. If it's her aquarium it really doesn't matter how attached she is to it in this case.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darth Walrus posted:

I think this needs to work because we need to find out what a aquarium spear looks like.

She made the mistake of not going for a sword. (Sorry for the LPer reading the text over it, my google-fu is weak)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLXrkiEyO-g&t=290s

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

Cool and quiet-appearing character who is actually a panicking dumbass needs to become a new trope.

Need more characters like King from OPM.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also why doesn’t Asa eat fish

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

some people just find it icky. sucks for someone living in Japan though

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Asa said back in 114 that it looks too much like a dead animal. I'm going to assume there's a story behind that we haven't been told yet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol Denji

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Asa said back in 114 that it looks too much like a dead animal. I'm going to assume there's a story behind that we haven't been told yet

It will probably involve Asa stumbling and falling at a crucial moment.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I bet it's not going to work and Asa is going to look embarrassed in the first panel next week

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
asa deserves a w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Maybe she’ll make a powerful aquarium spear and feel extremely guilty about all the dead fish

She’s overdue for a long lasting weapon, and an infinite amount of compressed concrete, glass and fish guts has to be durable.