Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Professor Latency posted:

Just watched Tár. The opening credits mention monster hunter world and the way that shows up in the movie is incredible

Lol gonna have to bump it up the list

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Glass onion was pretty fun. Good mystery twist but it seemed like 20 minutes too long, feel like you could have blown through the "reveal" part or just cut a lot of it and let people rewatch the movie if they wanted to catch new meanings. W/e that's Netflix poo poo for you I guess.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

buddy convinced us to watch Terrifier. super lame but we were all loaded so :shrug: no great loss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

on the other hand I watched The Black Phone recently and it fully kicked rear end

next up: Hell Comes To Frogtown. rowdy roddy piper dripping with charisma, lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
black phone was great

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

next up: Hell Comes To Frogtown. rowdy roddy piper dripping with charisma, lol

lol hell yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I been reading A Distant Mirror which is about the black plague though that’s already past and there’s 20 hours left so I think it’s about other poo poo too, and I watched it as a teenager but I would be surprised if YYH has better tournaments than motherflipping Hajime no Ippo. The Fighting! Big Mara Ippo lol.

thats pretty good iirc. if you haven't read them check out "the faithful executioner" and "the cheese and the worms." edit: the cheems and the worms

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Professor Latency posted:

Just watched Tár. The opening credits mention monster hunter world and the way that shows up in the movie is incredible

The song playing over the credits was perfect

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

We're 6 episodes into my wife's first watch of Cowboy Bebop. She's really liking the music, she can tell they put a lot of effort into it. I haven't watched it in a while myself. It's still one of the GOATS.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chainsaw man is as good this week

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

losin my mind at the ending

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Denji and Asa are equally retarded in different ways that complement each other perfectly. pwnsome

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

wonderful chapter to bring in the new year

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

apparently they're also releasing a couple of anthologies of Fujimoto's earlier stuff this year... might be something to look out for imps

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Denji and Asa are equally retarded in different ways that complement each other perfectly. pwnsome

asa startin to rant and denji saying she reminded him of power...:blessed:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

apparently they're also releasing a couple of anthologies of Fujimoto's earlier stuff this year... might be something to look out for imps

i havent actually read any of his one-shots nor Fire Punch...might be time once those come out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

i havent actually read any of his one-shots nor Fire Punch...might be time once those come out

fire punch is rweal fuckin rough lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

i went ahead and preordered them so if they are any good I'll probably post about it. First one ships the 17th, supposed to be his work from ages 17-21

Fungah! posted:

fire punch is rweal fuckin rough lol

yeah, def worth reading though. the throughline from FP to CSM is pretty apparent and imo interesting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FP is very rough. Definitely feels like it has some cool stuff but so much insanely bad stuff. Really feels like it was essential in him figuring out how to perfect his tone and style for CSM though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was so nervous that Asa was gonna screw over Denji but her solution ruled. They’re a great duo. It’s also nice seeing a lot more of the more mature Denji we’ve not seen as much of since the end of part one. Mainly I think as we’ve been externally following him rather than his POV this part

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

caught up on the manga once we finished the anime. chainsawman rules. i cant wait for them to attempt to animate any of Hell

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
wow chainsaw man is really good this week.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i reread this moment and the surrounding chapters like 10 times. chainsaw ftw

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

extremebuff posted:

i reread this moment and the surrounding chapters like 10 times. chainsaw ftw

i have a t-shirt with that panel on it, it rocks beyond measure

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

symbolic posted:

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

lol

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lmao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

goodbye eri and look back are really good. it's rare that one shots stick with me but i still think about them sometimes lol. he has a very cinematic pacing and framing to his work that makes it memorable.

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

I'm jelly

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://www.icedtea-aesthetics.com/products/welcome-to-hell-t-shirt?variant=40000226230370 :cheerdoge:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
You need to upload photo proof of your wrapped WRX before buying anything there

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Fargield posted:

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fargield posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fargield posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy sht knives out is really fuckin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah Glass Onion is a ton of fun.

Ending spoilers:

Love the idea of the protagonists dismissing the actual scenario right away early on because it's too stupid and then welp lol