Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
cant help but notice chainsaw man did NOT eat the concept of communism. makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That's because Chainsaw Man knows what's up

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

goblin week posted:

cant help but notice chainsaw man did NOT eat the concept of communism. makes you think

suppose this - the thing people scared of communism are afraid of is sufficiently disconnected from what it actually is, such that eating that devil would leave actual communism real, healthy and strong

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Assessor of Maat posted:

suppose this - the thing people scared of communism are afraid of is sufficiently disconnected from what it actually is, such that eating that devil would leave actual communism real, healthy and strong

a wise post

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Assessor of Maat posted:

Would there be a "Commie" devil and a "Communist" devil since those words are sometimes used to describe very different things?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

All this kind of talk is going to summon the semantics devil to the thread.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Steve Yun posted:

Hear me out here

Nazis hide out in Brazil after losing WW2

War Devil hides out as a Brazilian bird after being nerfed by the erasure of nukes, WW2 and Nazis

War devil, come to Brazil

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

goblin week posted:

No wars past WWI means there were no annexations, no occupations, no proxy wars; combine that with the lack of mutually assured destruction (because no nukes) and you take away a whole lot of the reasons for a widespread fear of communism to emerge.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this belies a poor understanding of capitalism

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Triggerhappypilot posted:

All this kind of talk is going to summon the semantics devil to the thread.

I imagine this devil as a shifty mass of images no one can agree on.

Alternatively it's an animated version of The Dress.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm guessing the Aquarium Spear idea will work, but in a way that makes things only slightly better rather than fixing them. Like, it turns out the Aquarium is turned into a really tall spear building and they have to climb their way down and it's falling apart the whole time and
incredibly unsafe.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's gonna piss off the Eternity Devil cause he paid 10x more for it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Maybe it'll reveal it's not Eternity and this will expose that there is a large but limited number of Aquariums all jammed together.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
The recursion devil claims another victim.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It's the Bad Date Devil and it just feels like it'll never loving end.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Maybe it'll reveal it's not Eternity and this will expose that there is a large but limited number of Aquariums all jammed together.

Can’t wait to battle the Arbitrarily Large Number Devil, who has all the combat prowess of a maths professor but you need to kill him 8E+54 times.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Denji tries to impress Asa by telling her he’s chainsaw man and she doesn’t believe him

Asa tries to seduce Yoshida and gets rejected

Yoshida takes Denji out to eat and get him to do what he says and gets ignored

Asa tries to shoehorn Denji into her date itinerary and he just wants to see penguins

What if everyone in the world just sucks at manipulation now that Makima’s dead

Bonus: when Denji isn’t trying to impress Asa in a self-centered way and figured out something for her to eat, he makes a genuine connection with her

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 7, 2023

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've been thinking about the anime and how it could adapt the rest of part 1. Assuming season 2 covers everything from Reze to the Gun Devil, that still leaves the final arc that's too short to do a full season. What if they did the entirety of the final arc as a movie though?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I figured Reze and Assassins could be season 2, and everything else would be season 3.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
My assumption was that they would do a bomb devil movie, then have assasins to the finale as an entire season.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The anime has been pretty good about pacing, I actually like that they put a little padding here and there to build up and give breathing room to the events. The manga seemed a little compressed

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just immaculately animate a few more characters' morning routines

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Power's routine is just 10 minutes of playing with Meowy.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
A local tattoo artist I like seems to be hinting at a 1/1 Makima flash and I think I’m gonna for it.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

lets hang out posted:

just immaculately animate a few more characters' morning routines

really loved them doing that. Gave some great breaking bad/better call saul vibes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Power's routine is just 10 minutes of playing with Meowy.

Power and Meowy both sleep until noon, that's their morning routine.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Power and Meowy both sleep until noon, that's their morning routine.

That's unfair!

Power has to wake up pretty early every morning to drink Denji's blood without him noticing. Then she goes back to sleep until noon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

The anime has been pretty good about pacing, I actually like that they put a little padding here and there to build up and give breathing room to the events. The manga seemed a little compressed

you probably also read the manga a lot faster than most of us did. which is naturally going to change your perspective

the way it moves from explosive action to slice of life makes a lot of readers blaze through to see wtf is actually going on

I like both and I agree Bomb should be a movie shot as a rom com until the car chase. Assassins thru ending is going to be a good clip, but they could end it at hand of Hell coming down and add some padding with Power's PTSD. if they rushed thru the ending into Asa would be kinda jarring

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think they shouldn't make any of it a movie because then I'll be able to watch it

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

if they rushed thru the ending into Asa would be kinda jarring

bomb devil movie
assassins through makima defeat as season two eps 1 through 12

episode 13 first half is the debrief with kishibe, introduction of nayuta. second half is asa and the chicken devil, but not the full chapter. ends on asa killing bucky. roll credits. anime goes on hiatus for two years until part 2 is ready.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 8, 2023

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
personally I hate when a series I watch has a movie as part of the continuity

I don't know what is the solution to 'season one ends at about 40%' but I hope it's not that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
How often does a movie end up just being part of the next season? I watched the demon Hunter movie thinking it would be a theatrical exclusive and then it just ended up being part of season 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

raocow posted:

I don't know what is the solution to 'season one ends at about 40%' but I hope it's not that.

surprise beach filler episode, surprise baseball filler episode, surprise Little Nicky parody episode, etc

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

raocow posted:

why

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Valentin posted:

bomb devil movie

episode 13 first half is the debrief with kishibe, introduction of nayuta. second half is asa and the chicken devil, but not the full chapter. ends on asa killing bucky. roll credits. anime goes on hiatus for two years until part 2 is ready.

the idea of Bucky dying and smash cut to credits is pretty loving funny

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7186019693625380102

Huh

Someone also commented that she trips at the worst times like Kobeni

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Valentin posted:

bomb devil movie

Having part 2 as part of the same season as the end of part 1 feels like it would weaken both. Instead of giving the climax time to breathe, it would immediately be followed up with unrelated events. Meanwhile, Asa's debut would be spent with anime onlies still occupied with thinking about Nayuta and Denji.

I mean, if you're joking, you're joking, and tone is a mess online, but I really don't see much benefit to having Asa debut in part 1 beyond maybe a cameo like Reze got.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11 posted:

Having part 2 as part of the same season as the end of part 1 feels like it would weaken both. Instead of giving the climax time to breathe, it would immediately be followed up with unrelated events. Meanwhile, Asa's debut would be spent with anime onlies still occupied with thinking about Nayuta and Denji.

I mean, if you're joking, you're joking, and tone is a mess online, but I really don't see much benefit to having Asa debut in part 1 beyond maybe a cameo like Reze got.

maybe just the spotlight of Asa and a squish sound plus blood splatter as a post credit scene. both in and out of context it's funny

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Bomb as a movie doesn't really work. The pacing, how the characters interact and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Probably the best choice would be to do two 10 episode cours. Ten episodes is just about perfect to get to the end of Assassin, then ten more to finish part one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I only suggested a movie because of how much Fujimoto loves movies and the idea of making one might really appeal to him.