Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Happy Hippo posted:

Yeah, it's awesome. It should be titled Legion but the studio insisted that it be called Exorcist III but really its just a movie that takes place in that universe

They also insisted on shoehorning in an actual exorcism, which required shooting a bunch of additional scenes and an entirely new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Boywhiz88 posted:

This is supposed to be surprisingly good after a disappointing Exorcist 2, yeah?
Exorcist 2 is actually loving rad if you're into movies that are all about vibing as hard as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkhUsMrSoAA

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I definitely wouldn't say no to an Excalibur UHD either.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Egbert Souse posted:

Kino Lorber's 2023 slate is looking amazing so far...

Missing in Action Trilogy - 1/17 [Also available separately, all new 2K masters from 4K scans]
Death Wish UHD - 1/24
The Italian Job UHD - 1/31 (also available Blu-only)
The Lady from Shanghai - 1/31 [Same 4K restoration as UK Indicator, two new commentaries by Tim Lucas and Imogen Sara Smith]
Missisippi Mermaid - 2/14
The Bride Wore Black - 2/14
The Story of Adele H - 2/14
The Francois Truffaut Collection - 2/14 [The Green Room, The Wild Child, Small Change, and The Man Who Loved Women]
The Hunter (1980) - 2/21
The Werewolf of Washington - 2/21
Silent Avant-Garde - 2/21 [21 films from the 2000s Unseen Cinema DVD collection newly restored in HD/4K]
Secret of the Incas - 2/28
Marathon Man UHD - 2/28
Rawhead Rex UHD - 3/28 (previously released on Blu)
12 Angry Men UHD - 3/28 (UHD-only)

TBD
Face/Off UHD
Leviathan UHD
To Live and Die in L.A. UHD
Red Dragon UHD
The Manchurian Candidate UHD (1962)
Ronin UHD
The Night of the Hunter UHD
Human Desire
Bwana Devil 3D
Serpico UHD
Cry-Baby UHD
The Longest Yard UHD (1974)
Bug UHD
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari UHD

I was wondering which Leviathan this was and it turns out it was neither of them

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Exorcist 2 is actually loving rad if you're into movies that are all about vibing as hard as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkhUsMrSoAA

It’s like an officially sanctioned Italian rip off sequel. The Morricone score is really great too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They're doing a box set of early Tim Ritter movies

https://srscinemastore.com/collections/tim-ritter/products/tim-ritter-the-sov-years-blu-ray

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Man, I'm all for trashy movies, but if these boutique labels scrape the bottom of that barrel any harder they're not going to have any barrel left to scrape.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm glad more SoV stuff is getting out. I love that stupid poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i had never heard of tim ritter but i just watched the trailer for that set and i feel like i've witnessed a whole new depth of film depravity. the blurb says his 'truth or dare' series is very well celebrated so maybe i should try that first.

is that series good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The final new Vinegar Syndrome announcement for Subscriber Week is Undeclared War

The final 10 for $10 selection:
Abduction of an American Playgirl/Winter Heat
The Muthers
Young Girls Do
Amityville: The Evil Escapes
Girls School Screamers
The Grave
Keep an Eye Out
Detention
Knocking
Curfew

Basically all of those last three titles I'd recommend if you haven't seen/heard of them before

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

The final new Vinegar Syndrome announcement for Subscriber Week is Undeclared War

The Muthers
Young Girls Do
Girls School Screamers
The Grave
Keep an Eye Out
Detention
Knocking
Curfew

Basically all of those last three titles I'd recommend if you haven't seen/heard of them before

Undeclared War is far too good to be a VSA title, that one should have gotten a normal release like Burning Paradise. Picked it up with Flesh and Fantasy, cause that movie looks gorgeously shot.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
This days secret movie was The Bees but it immediately sold out

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Chris James 2 posted:

The Muthers
Young Girls Do
Girls School Screamers
The Grave
Keep an Eye Out
Detention
Knocking
Curfew

I wasn’t super impressed with Knocking, but it is good. Very simple and effective.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

the SRS bluray of the first Truth or Dare (a genuine favorite of mine) is a BD-R that fucks up about an hour in despite having no visible damage to the disc. no reply when i asked for a replacement. cool poo poo!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the video game detention is based on is really good fwiw. gonna grab the film to see how that goes.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Spent 100 dollars on this loving garbage this week

Golden Arms
Tragedy Girls
Beats
Surf II
poo poo and Champagne
Moments Like This Never Last
Keep an Eye Out
The Muthers
Young Girls Do

You people are bankrupting me

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
From Beyond 4K
Trauma
The Fear
Flesh and Fantasy
Creature
Disconnected
Curucu, Beast of the Amazon
Resurrection
Don’t Answer the Phone!
Undeclared War

But hey, I’ve already almost hit the 16mm level on their new rewards :shepface:

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006
Excorcist 3 also has an INCREDIBLE “director’s” cut that is as put out in the last round of blu rays. Very very different final third.
I prefer that version but the theatrical is excellent too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

My wallet is safe from the last day of the VinSyn sale.

Damage was:

From Beyond
Rush Week
Trauma
Ted Bundy
Flesh and Fantasy
Blood on Her Name
Blades
Beats

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!
VinSyn was very good to me this week:

Detention
The Grave
Tragedy Girls
Steel and Lace
Amityville: It’s About Time
Amityville: Dollhouse
The Scary of Sixty-First
Through the Fire
Amityville: A New Generation
From Beyond

And two more shirts to add to my collection.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Thatoaklandkid posted:

Excorcist 3 also has an INCREDIBLE “director’s” cut that is as put out in the last round of blu rays. Very very different final third.
I prefer that version but the theatrical is excellent too.

This I didn't know about...what's different or is it worth watching it unspoiled

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Is it the same ending of the book, where Kinderman just shoots Karras/Gemini and that's it?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Spent $1400 Canadian on the Vinegar Syndrome subscription . I can't wait to put them on my shelf and get overwhelmed deciding on what to watch.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Chris James 2 posted:

Detention
Knocking
Curfew

Detention is batshit, but nothing worked for me. Literally ADHD the movie

abelwingnut posted:

the video game detention is based on is really good fwiw. gonna grab the film to see how that goes.

nah, that's a chinese made game that came out in 2017..and is way better..no relation

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Went schlock looking today at a new thrift store and found some good things

The Fly is sealed. But what is this blue thing?

Oh? Lol

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

So the best cartoons

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_Me_Mama_with_a_Boogie_Beat

First cartoon

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

zer0spunk posted:

Detention is batshit, but nothing worked for me. Literally ADHD the movie

nah, that's a chinese made game that came out in 2017..and is way better..no relation

i'm confused. the only video game named detention that i know, and the one i played, is the one from the taiwanese dev. plus, the blurb from the film:

vinegar syndrome posted:

Set during the Taiwanese martial law of the 1960s, this shockingly gruesome and terrifying coming-of-age drama based on a hugely popular video game sees two classmates who go looking for their missing friends and teachers, all of whom took part in an illegal book club, only to come face to face with ghosts and deformed monsters that have taken over their school. This masterful debut from director and co-writer John Hsu recalls the best of Guillermo del Toro, with enough blood, striking sound design, art direction and special effects to evoke Silent Hill and other landmarks of the genre.

which matches the game.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

abelwingnut posted:

i'm confused. the only video game named detention that i know, and the one i played, is the one from the taiwanese dev. plus, the blurb from the film:

which matches the game.

oh i'm dumb then

I thought they were carrying the 2011 film, Detention (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701990/) which is a horror comedy that is also perfect VS material

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Are we talking about Detention (2003) or Detention (2010) or Detention (2011) or Detention (2019)

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

david_a posted:

Are we talking about Detention (2003) or Detention (2010) or Detention (2011) or Detention (2019)

well Detention 03 is a dolph lundgren film so obviously the only answer is collect them all

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

zer0spunk posted:

oh i'm dumb then

I thought they were carrying the 2011 film, Detention (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701990/) which is a horror comedy that is also perfect VS material

ah, gotcha. didn't know that existed, and yea, that seems up vs's alley.

as far as this detention goes, it started the game from taiwan. china banned it and the other game from those devs, devotion. then there was the film. and now i think netflix turned it into a series? like i said, i've only played the game, but am eager to see the film. game was wild and super fatalistic.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

david_a posted:

2019 is the one I was talking about

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1612123495483179008?s=20&t=2iMbY5M4-lUHeCVl2R5nTw

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I didn't notice Detention at all when it went on sale, then people were talking about getting it and I assumed it was that movie from 2011 that everybody was raving about in the horror thread but I hated. Sad to see I missed out on the inspiration behind that horror game (haven't played it, it looked good and I heard good things about it).

What I did get:

The Fear
Alien From L.A.
Steel and Lace
Tragedy Girls
Luther the Geek
Surf II

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If it was the 2011 movie I’d have bought it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1612491952120860685?s=20&t=Gc7HK1_sxbOHP_qhIJZBkw

Sets like these are funny to me because it’s like… OK, there’s a 4th coming. What if you like the 4th? Enjoy having a disc that’s completely out of the norm?

And yeah, that happens naturally but to have it pre-determined to not fit in? Ruins my OCD!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sets like these are funny to me because it’s like… OK, there’s a 4th coming. What if you like the 4th? Enjoy having a disc that’s completely out of the norm?

And yeah, that happens naturally but to have it pre-determined to not fit in? Ruins my OCD!

In this case it's a bit more offensive to me because they already did a round of John Wick trilogy sets. Like, I already re-bought the first film because I liked the steelbook they did for the full trilogy set. You got me already, fine, I accept that. But at least wait until the 4th movie comes out before you try to get me again.

Love this steelbook though, it looks great.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/John-Wick-Chapters-1-3-4K-Blu-ray/253888/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I may have to double dip on the first movie because I want that set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I already have the Best Buy exclusive steelbook set of the first 3 on 4K. I'm sure I'll be buying the 4th one on 4K separately when that becomes available.

I have Fast 9 on 4K but I have the 1-8 set too, so 9 is separate.