Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ninjewtsu posted:

Do he have any good quotes on this

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-04-20/controversial-tawawa-on-monday-manga-ad-sparks-conversation-on-censorship/.184831

"The Tawawa on Monday series also prompted comments from Love Hina manga creator and political hopeful Ken Akamatsu on Sunday. Akamatsu likened the criticism from the global gender equality organization UN Women as "external pressure" to regulate Japan's "freedom of expression, especially for manga, anime, and games" and that such pressure is not new."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Tezuka you old horny bastard

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

pbuh

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

A horrible transbian curse.

Like Belle being more interested in the Beast than the Prince.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cypher Academy?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Yep.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TBF it also took me like a chapter and a half to figure out that the guy in that was, in fact, a guy.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Good news everyone! Mangadex has comments and forums back online, so this thread is back in business!

Just look at all that content!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Finally, I can be disappointed by my fellow manga reader

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Beautiful. This thread has been too slow for too long.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Description rather than a comment but

quote:

Tanya Artemisiov is a talented Mage-class adventurer who just got kicked out of her party by a sexist scumbag. So what's a girl to do? Go to the wasteland and blow stuff up of course! One small problem though: she inadvertently frees a mythical Sorceress named Laplace who was sealed away for the past 300 years...

Surprise! Turns out this so-called "wicked" Sorceress is actually pretty cool. Laplace wants to start a party of her own, Tanya wants revenge, and the solution is obvious: team up. It's time to kick rear end, kiss girls, and dismantle the patriarchy!

:hmmyes:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RatHat posted:

Description rather than a comment but

:hmmyes:

The name of the series is Sexiled: My Sexist Part Leader Kicked Me Out So I Teamed Up With A Mythical Sorceress

We sell the light novel at my store

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I couldn't even make it like 50 pages into it. It's pretty light novel even for a light novel. Maybe it was funnier in Japanese, but it came off like a child's understanding of how patriarchy works + bad attempts at jokes + a lot of like power fantasy type stuff. lacks any real conflict in the narrative at least in the part I read. maybe it has that later but i doubt it

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 8, 2023

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Larry Parrish posted:

I couldn't even make it like 50 pages into it. It's pretty light novel even for a light novel. Maybe it was funnier in Japanese, but it came off like a child's understanding of how patriarchy works + bad attempts at jokes + a lot of like power fantasy type stuff. lacks any real conflict in the narrative at least in the part I read. maybe it has that later but i doubt it

Yeah don't expect too much serious philosophy there, it's written from the heart and inspired by serious real-world issues but at the same time it's very unapologetically a power fantasy and it concludes with "sexism is all the fault of one guy whom you can punch in the face". It's at least a power fantasy with a different target audience from usual, and pretty fun if that's what you're in the market for.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how did that go anyway. i got tired of it somewhere around the water park arc. does it ever stop being an incredibly slow paced piece of rear end.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
never read it, just here to laugh

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

how did that go anyway. i got tired of it somewhere around the water park arc. does it ever stop being an incredibly slow paced piece of rear end.

It's dogshit not worth the electricity needed to display it on my computer screen and the pacing is slower than continental drift. It is currently in an arc that is somehow slower than Waterpark Namek. It's trash and I read it every week, see you all next issue.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ibblebibble posted:

It's dogshit not worth the electricity needed to display it on my computer screen and the pacing is slower than continental drift. It is currently in an arc that is somehow slower than Waterpark Namek. It's trash and I read it every week, see you all next issue.

I can't judge anyone for reading trash every week, seeing as I keep picking up new isekais, but I am definitely glad that I dropped this series after checking the wiki convinced me that he was never going to progress the relationship.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Should have concluded after the Film Arc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Annointed posted:

Should have concluded after the Film Arc.

it's kind of funny in a sense that the dude basically moved heaven and earth to make her dream come true and that arc ended with '... but he doesn't really like me'. it was at that point that i lost any real interest in keeping up with it and as soon as i was current on the scanlation, I stopped

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

it's kind of funny in a sense that the dude basically moved heaven and earth to make her dream come true and that arc ended with '... but he doesn't really like me'. it was at that point that i lost any real interest in keeping up with it and as soon as i was current on the scanlation, I stopped

And the rest involving all the women leeching his funds, refusing to break up with him, and his family disowning him, ultimately results in a "this manga is trash just end". The good news is the world has other rom coms to watch and read.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I hope happiness never finds this person, but the authorities do.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I’m on mobile and that trollface/scarf avatar fooled the poo poo outta me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its a good av

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Manga Reader Site Comments: It's trash and I read it every week

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I noticed a lightning bolt on mangadex and clicked it, and it takes you to a "popular topics" list. this is near the top of the list right now.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 29, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well that's a landmine of a topic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all i know is cousin marraiges are legal in parts (maybe all?) of america. and some manga i read once claimed it was in japan but its not like i fact checked it or something. i don't really know of anywhere that it isn't considered weird. except india i guess according to this dude. anyway i don't think thats the kind of creepy incest relationship that gets the cops called on you lol. im pretty sure thats more the 'really big fine for tax fraud' kind.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I noticed a lightning bolt on mangadex and clicked it, and it takes you to a "popular topics" list. this is near the top of the list right now.

Incredile username/post combo

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That's quite a post... and the guy would be shocked to consider that telling a girl who she's going to marry from the time she's old enough to understand language is also frowned upon, but a lot harder to prove than "marrying your niece"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

all i know is cousin marraiges are legal in parts (maybe all?) of america. and some manga i read once claimed it was in japan but its not like i fact checked it or something. i don't really know of anywhere that it isn't considered weird.
first cousin marriage is legal but pretty rare in japan. it was way more common in samurai times and such but these days it'd be considered pretty weird. distant cousin marriage was more common among the older generations in the post-war era but is also pretty rare nowadays.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have an older student from Pakistan who told me she is married to her first cousin ("How did you meet? "We are first cousins so we grew up together"), and that that is pretty normal there. The rest of the class is from all over Latin America as well as Korea and Vietnam and they admitted that would be unusual for them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Larry Parrish posted:

all i know is cousin marraiges are legal in parts (maybe all?) of america. and some manga i read once claimed it was in japan but its not like i fact checked it or something. i don't really know of anywhere that it isn't considered weird. except india i guess according to this dude. anyway i don't think thats the kind of creepy incest relationship that gets the cops called on you lol. im pretty sure thats more the 'really big fine for tax fraud' kind.

Cousin marriage is legal in a few states in the US and the entirety of Europe (though widely considered freaky). It’s the one moral leg-up americans have on the old continent

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

famously, former new york city mayor and all around weirdo rudy giuliani was for a while married to a first cousin, though unwittingly and they divorced when they found out

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Eleanor Roosevelt didn't have to change her name when she married Franklin, cus they were from the same side of the family tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Neito posted:

Eleanor Roosevelt didn't have to change her name when she married Franklin, cus they were from the same side of the family tree.

To be fair they were super distantly related, I think their last common ancestor was from before the American Revolution.