Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

honestly assassin arc would make a sick movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly I can see either a 24-episode 2 cour season combining Bomb and Assasin Arcs and then 12 episode season as a finale if they want to take their time and do some filler, or just straight up a single 26 episode season, kick in a high gear and adapt everything. I dislike the movie route, because even in the best possible case, like Kimetsu no Yaiba movie, it ends up just annoying as gently caress.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly I can see either a 24-episode 2 cour season combining Bomb and Assasin Arcs and then 12 episode season as a finale if they want to take their time and do some filler, or just straight up a single 26 episode season, kick in a high gear and adapt everything. I dislike the movie route, because even in the best possible case, like Kimetsu no Yaiba movie, it ends up just annoying as gently caress.

40 percent of the manga in 12 episodes suggests the rest could be managed in 24 or less, no movie or third season needed.

There's Bomb, Assassins, Gun, and Control. 2 arcs a cour (give or take) finishes the first part nice and neat... at which point Part 2 will probably be done, given the time we've got between seasons so far.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I never realized canon movies were such an unpopular thing on these forums. I've seen nothing but universal praise for Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Mugen Train, the DB Super movies, etc.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CharlestonJew posted:

I never realized canon movies were such an unpopular thing on these forums. I've seen nothing but universal praise for Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Mugen Train, the DB Super movies, etc.

Them being good movies does not mean they wouldn't be preferred as tv instead.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Movies don't get simulcast, so if I miss the theater release because I had to work then I'm SOL for like a year.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
and if you're binging you better hope they just so happen to have the movie available around somewhere. and that the serials makes it really clear when you should be watching that movie

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
In short, movies are a drat hassle

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i started to sour on them when the quality of the MHA anime tanked because every year had another movie sucking up its budget like a tick

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know how anime studios handle guest directors, but when they get to the Gun Devil part my dream guest director for it is Hideaki Anno.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't know how anime studios handle guest directors, but when they get to the Gun Devil part my dream guest director for it is Hideaki Anno.

I can't verify the claims, and I even lost the links that claimed it in the first place, but I remember reading someone say that the Gun Devil scenes were influenced by Gunbuster. I doubt they could get Anno, and his directorial style might not fit well with the seasonal tones anyway, but I'm pretty sure Anno was one of the people who influenced Fujimoto's style.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jerkface posted:

honestly assassin arc would make a sick movie

There's way too much in there for a movie, you'd either have to cut a bunch of stuff or make it 3 hours long.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There's way too much in there for a movie, you'd either have to cut a bunch of stuff or make it 3 hours long.

18 chapters.

Going at the standard adaptation rate for the anime so far (3 chapters an episode), that would take about 6 episodes worth of runtime, or 132 minutes, give or take.

That's 13 minutes longer than Mugen Train, plus credits.

Not likely, but not impossible.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
To be honest I'd rather they do Bomb Girl & International Assassins as season 2 and Control Devil as a movie, if this is the equation we're working with. Depending on how the pacing works out, that'd put the Gun Fiend stuff at the end of the former or start of the latter, but it'd work either way I think.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

its just that quanxi and santa claus vs denji would be insane with movie quality animation plus its such a fun setup it kinda screams movie time!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Read You and I are Polar Opposites, imo

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
this manga was sublime to blitz through and i'm excited to re-read it now that i've caught up over the span of like 3 weeks

the darkness devil sequence was enchanting to read. i am a SUCKER for those super alien constructions in works like this.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

this manga was sublime to blitz through and i'm excited to re-read it now that i've caught up over the span of like 3 weeks

the darkness devil sequence was enchanting to read. i am a SUCKER for those super alien constructions in works like this.

darkness devil reveal will stick with me for a long time. as a week to week reader it was so out of left field to be implausible when it happened

the loving astronauts praying is such a lolwut it sets the scene perfectly that you, as the reader, have no basis for what's about to happen next

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

A local tattoo artist I like seems to be hinting at a 1/1 Makima flash and I think I’m gonna for it.

can I ask who the tattooer is? I'm interested in what their work looks like

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Bought the manga because I’m a dirty shelf stuffer

Just wish some genius could come up with a solution for two page spreads

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://twitter.com/CSPerfectShot/status/1612644543026839553?s=20&t=DPNnjAF4Kf3skmrq6__Cag

Awww, he was listening!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Man this is worth reading multiple times, the number of callbacks is nuts

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just realized, if the aquarium purchase works, Asa will have found a fantastic workaround. I thought she had to feel guilty about it though?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ragnar34 posted:

Just realized, if the aquarium purchase works, Asa will have found a fantastic workaround. I thought she had to feel guilty about it though?

I thought she just had to feel attached to it, which doesn't necessarily mean guilty. But surely she feels attached to this place after spending so long researching and planning out the perfect date.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There are two different mechanics in play here. To create the weapon, you have to feel like you own the thing (and/or person) you are creating the weapon from, and your emotional connection to that thing (and/or person) determines the actual power of weapon you create. So if Asa succeeds with her buyout scheme, she will be able to create an Aquarium spear, but it will probably be a pretty lovely spear.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

darkness devil reveal will stick with me for a long time. as a week to week reader it was so out of left field to be implausible when it happened

the loving astronauts praying is such a lolwut it sets the scene perfectly that you, as the reader, have no basis for what's about to happen next

i really like the technique of drawing two identical panels, but one where it's cape was seen in the far right of the second panel, implying speed to great that none of the characters could even react. when re-reading i noticed that one of the pages had panels framed by the severed arms, which was just grotesque, it was all so eerie and good to read.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New chapter

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015269

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Chapter reaction

Hooray!
Cool!
Whoa
WHOA
WHOOOAA OH GOD

Chainsaw man pacing is BACK baby

BigOwlGuyBMJ
Dec 13, 2022
Denji saved that penguin.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Incredible chapter, I gasped at that final panel.

edit: Lol at Yoru's response to the devil making absolutely zero sense but still being a great line anyway.,

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 10, 2023

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Everything went better than expected

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Literally chekov’s spinal chord sword

sube
Nov 7, 2022

amazing chapter and ending. cute how asa forgot in the process yoru wants to turn denji into a weapon

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

BigOwlGuyBMJ posted:

Denji saved that penguin.

Denji's love for animals makes him the perpetual best boy.
He looked so put out when he didn't get to keep that penguin.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Das Boo posted:

Denji's love for animals makes him the perpetual best boy.
He looked so put out when he didn't get to keep that penguin.

life is unfair...

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Just realized Yoru doesn’t know the imposter is an imposter. Knowing Asa she’ll do her best to tell Yoru, and Yoru will be stubborn about it. Gonna be a mess???

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I ship it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, the aquarium spear wasn't lovely at all. I guess feeling guilty about ruining an aquarium is a pretty nice power boost. :v:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Literally chekov’s spinal chord sword

This will fail because while Asa ultimately likes Denji now, she sees him as spineless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I don't think we've ever seen our boy Denji as happy as the moment he realized he was holding a penguin. Good for him.