Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have this feeling that Yoru's power doesn't work on Denji because he's a hybrid or because she doesn't "own" pochita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I have this feeling that Yoru's power doesn't work on Denji because he's a hybrid or because she doesn't "own" pochita

By the logic of the doll devil, it seems likely.

But also by the logic of “buying an aquarium as long as I think it’s enough money” I’m not so sure

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I think it would be super interesting if it did work on Denji. It would be certainly the kind of curveball this manga likes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

maybe that's the point and Eternity Devil Mk. II's gonna reveal itself to yuck it up at how stupid Asa is before being torn to shreds

called it :smugdog:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
clearly Yoru is going to rip out Denji's spine but he'll be fine. since we already know he can regrow body parts Yoru will be excited for an infinite weapon factory tho

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I like how explicit it is that you don’t need to own something to weaponise it, you just need to *feel* like you own it.

So a cat would be the most flexible (automatic sense of ownership over everything) but also weakest (pathologically incapable of feeling guilt) contractor for the war devil.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I knew it wasn't enough money, but that doesn't matter, Denji got to see a penguin! And also another date that ends with the girl trying to kill him., he really can't win for long .

If it does work on Denji, I hope he at least can speak in weapon form.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

(making self neurodivergent trying to outdo the speculation in the thread) yoru’s act of transformation is conveyed via the motion of pulling away violently, or ripping. starting a chainsaw requires pulling its ripcord. fujimoto demonstrably homages and pastiches his various film, manga, and literature influences, which can uncharitably be phrased as ripping off. (staring cross-eyed at a note that says “BEYBLADE? SCORPION?”)

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think it would be super interesting if it did work on Denji. It would be certainly the kind of curveball this manga likes.

Denji has responsibilities, he can't go galivanting around as a sword.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hamelekim posted:

Denji has responsibilities, he can't go galivanting around as a sword.

Pissing off Denji is one thing, pissing off Nayuta would be another thing all together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:catdrugs:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

Denji's love for animals makes him the perpetual best boy.
He looked so put out when he didn't get to keep that penguin.

Man, Denji is great

I'm gunna miss him

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's fine, Denji's had worse than having his spine ripped out. Just get some blood in that boy and he'll be rip and roaring to go!

V good chapter

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Soul Eater reboot lookin' good.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

People have been saying it for a while, but I'm seriously expecting turning Denji into a sword to work 100%, but he'll survive due to being functionally immortal.

I do also love the idea that it won't work because they only believe they own Denji, and not Pochita.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Arzaac posted:

People have been saying it for a while, but I'm seriously expecting turning Denji into a sword to work 100%, but he'll survive due to being functionally immortal.

I do also love the idea that it won't work because they only believe they own Denji, and not Pochita.

I do suppose it's a question of what kills hybrids I got the impression that in order to kill Denji Makima had to nullify his contract with Pochita first. Like Quanxi was just a head but she was fine.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't know how to feel about my thinking being the same as the Eternity Devil's thinking.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess Denji's finally about to become a real chainsaw man

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Love that this author will always lunge headfirst toward “what’s the craziest possible thing that could happen right now”

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I'm genuinely worried about our good good boy. I'm too weak for Fugimoto's wild ride!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess Denji's finally about to become a real chainsaw man

Yoru thinking too hard about this

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think he survives, but is transformed and also we get a Yoshida Yoru showdown

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I predict one of two responses.

"Knock it off War. I'm talking to Asa."

Or it works perfectly, and then Denji regrows his spine.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It won’t work, because there’s no way Asa thinks she owns Denji at this point. If anything, she thinks Denji owns her.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

Love that this author will always lunge headfirst toward “what’s the craziest possible thing that could happen right now”

yeah half the fun of this thread is trying to guess what insanity is next

I did catch that Yoshida was side eyeing Fami. we do need a bigger plot to start kicking in soon. also does school still exist? not the concept I mean we haven't had an update since the building got destroyed

I'm also curious about eyepatch kid. he's been pretty quiet this whole time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Denji is going to find it incredibly badass he's sword now.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Denji is going to find it incredibly badass he's sword now.

Touches a penguin, got a second date and is now a sword, our boy is having an extremely good day frankly

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Only half the girl he's dating wants to kill him. That's a new record best.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Cliffhanger! They can’t do this to me!

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
https://twitter.com/zayaway/status/1610496868123054083

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Elite posted:

I like how explicit it is that you don’t need to own something to weaponise it, you just need to *feel* like you own it.

I love how angry Eternity got over it

This “emotional logic > hard logic” neatly sums up how rules work in this manga, contrary to how a lot of rules work in other manga. It’s neat! You focus more on what’s going on inside characters’ heads and less on rules lawyering

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oh my god

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Question 1 is whether or not this will work

Question 2 is, if it does work, whether or not Denji will pretend to be dead for a while to avoid getting weaponized again or if he'll just pop up like nothing happened (probably after being revived by Yoshida) and accidentally gaslight Asa & Yoru as a consequence

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Denji gets turned into a sword, Yoru kills the club president with the sword and thinks she's won, they go to school the next day and Denji says hi

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

chrome line posted:

Denji gets turned into a sword, Yoru kills the club president with the sword and thinks she's won, they go to school the next day and Denji says hi

Denji still tries to get with Asa after that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

Denji still tries to get with Asa after that

"I guess you could say I'm your bae blade now ha ha"

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The other thought on this that I found kinda funny was that Denji's somehow confusing college and middle school

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
betting on 2 Denji's and a hosed up makeout session with sword denji x yoru/asa

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

"I guess you could say I'm your bae blade now ha ha"

I did a spit take on this one thanks for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

Woah here I am at the end of another installment of Chainsaw man just completely surprised and excited for the next one