Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kotaro getting a partner wouldn't work. His destiny is to suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I dunno, Kiyoshiro suffers a lot too

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kiyoshirou has cool moments and character development. Kotaro is just a pathetic perv.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Today's profiles are some of the "create-a-digimon" contest winners.

Aequcedramon

Level: Adult
Attribute: Vaccine
Type: Mythical Dragon
Attacks:
* Frozen Mistral
* Aquarctic Breath

Profile: A Mythical Dragon Digimon with power over the elements of Wind, Ice, and Water. It is known to fly over the cold parts of the Net Ocean bordering the Icy-Snow area, but is also rarely seen. Wherever it goes, snow is likely to fall in its wake. Despite its small body, it has impressive flight power and can fight on an even level with other Adults. What appears to be fur is actually very fine downy feathers. Its special techniques are to send out a cold wind with a flap of its wings ("Frozen Mistral") and to fire highly compressed, super-cool jets of water from its mouth ("Aquarctic Breath").

Pyontomon

Level: Child
Attribute: Data
Type: Mutant
Attacks:
*Wortel Blow
*Antelope Ram

A Mutant Digimon reproduced from the data of an imaginary animal. Because the creature it is based on was a forgery, Pyontomon has a strong will to prove its legitimacy, and thus seeks to battle strong opponents in spite of its small size. It prides itself on its antlers (which ironically are a dead give away) and the "Sun-Moon Muffler" it wears around its neck. It is said that it sees Gaomon as a rival at hand-to-hand combat. Its special techniques are a walloping punch with its glove-covered hands ("Wortel Blow") and charging, picking up, and tossing its foe with its antlers ("Antelope Ram").

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Kiyoshirou has cool moments and character development. Kotaro is just a pathetic perv.

Good point

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Are there any theories about Kiyoshiro’s wrapped hand?

Any theories? I reckon he’s going to working for the big bad (unwillingly) who cursed him and said something like ‘you’ll be my right hand in the human world you won’t need yours’.

There’ll be a betrayal, redemption moment and then we’ll eventually get his hand back.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's just a chuuni

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Nodosaur posted:

Hey, sometimes getting a partner is suffering in this show!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some Numbers posted:

I wonder if we're going to get another kid added to the team; it's getting pretty late in the series for that.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Hokuto and BlackTailmon Uver. They've been set up too much as partners (they even got DCG cards together!) not to, and they're still pretty mysterious characters who know what's going on with Gammamon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Hey, sometimes getting a partner is suffering in this show!

He gets leomon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I wonder if we’re gonna get a Leomon in this show eventually (I don’t think there was an equivalent in Appmon but then again most of the mons in that show were brand new)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I wonder if we’re gonna get a Leomon in this show eventually (I don’t think there was an equivalent in Appmon but then again most of the mons in that show were brand new)

Oujamon.

He even died once.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is Frontier the most perfunctory Leomon appearance? Panjyamon has about 5 seconds of screentime and no lines before Agunimon wrecks him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Oujamon.

He even died once.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. It seems like a cardinal rule that every Digimon show has to have a Leomon of some kind so I imagine Ghost Game will fall in line eventually

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Is Frontier the most perfunctory Leomon appearance? Panjyamon has about 5 seconds of screentime and no lines before Agunimon wrecks him.

They also sorta-killed Kouichi, who had KaiserLeomon as a form.

Not the same as what you're talking about, but Savers wins at killing Leomon, with 2 being killed instead of Frontier's 1.5

Larryb posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about him. It seems like a cardinal rule that every Digimon show has to have a Leomon of some kind so I imagine Ghost Game will fall in line eventually

He survived Adventure: so maybe the curse is broken

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 11, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Not the same as what you're talking about, but SaberLeomon wins at killing Leomon, with 2 being killed instead of Frontier's 1.5

One still appeared though which was more my point

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

Not the same as what you're talking about, but SaberLeomon wins at killing Leomon, with 2 being killed instead of Frontier's 1.5
Yeah, I guess KaiserLeomon sort of counts.

Still, Frontier has way less Leomon than Adventure, Tamers or Savers.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

Leomon also survived in V-Tamer. He even evolved to an Ultimate!

Also shoutouts to making a Cthyllamon and doing what appears to be a Cthulhu story for Amphimon's debut.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Omnicrom posted:

Also shoutouts to making a Cthyllamon and doing what appears to be a Cthulhu story for Amphimon's debut.

We already have Dagomon, who is literally Cthulhu though?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Make him bigger, worked with Chamblemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dagomon is just a perfect. Guy ain’t poo poo, as we saw in Xros Wars

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

Dagomon is just a perfect. Guy ain’t poo poo, as we saw in Xros Wars

having never watched Xros Wars, my only memory of him is from one of the few good episodes of 02

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

We already have Dagomon, who is literally Cthulhu though?

And now we get Cthulhu's daughter and presumably an Ultimate to lose to Amphimon.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

There's talk that she might be the MarineAngemon resprite from the recent DiM card leaks.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Balache404 posted:

There's talk that she might be the MarineAngemon resprite from the recent DiM card leaks.

I think I would unironically adore this.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Bosamon RB1-003 C <02>
In-Training | Lesser
---
Inherited: [Your Turn] While your opponent has no unsuspended Digimon, this Digimon gets +1000 DP.

quote:

Angoramon RB1-020 U <02>
Rookie | Vaccine | Beast

[On Play] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 card with [Angoramon] in its text
and 1 [Ruli Tsukiyono] among them to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the bottom of deck in any order.
---
Inherited: [All Turns] If your opponent has no unsuspended Digimon, this Digimon gets +1000 DP.

quote:

SymbareAngoramon RB1-022 C <02>
Champion | Vaccine | Beastkin

[When Digivolving] If you do not have [Ruli Tsukiyono] in play, you may play 1 [Ruli Tsukiyono] from your hand without paying its play cost.
---
Inherited: [All Turns] If your opponent has no unsuspended Digimon, this Digimon gets +1000 DP.

quote:

Lamortmon RB1-024 U <02>
Ultimate | Vaccine | Beast

[When Digivolving] This Digimon gains <Piercing> for the turn. Then, if this Digimon has a digivolution card with [Angoramon] in its name, suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon.
---
Inherited: [Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When this Digimon deletes your opponent's Digimon in a battle, trash 1 card from the top of your opponent's security stack.

quote:

Diarbbitmon RB1-025 SR <02>
Mega | Vaccine | Beast Knight

<Blocker>
[When Digivolving] [When Attacking] Suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon. Then, if your opponent has no unsuspended Digimon, gain 1 memory.
[End of Your Turn] 1 of your Digimon with [Angoramon] in its text can attack your opponent's Digimon.

quote:

Ruli Tsukiyono RB1-034 R <02>

[Your Turn] When you would digivolve your Digimon into a green card with [Beast] in one of its trait, by suspending this Tamer, reduce the memory cost by 1.

[End of Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) You may unsuspend 1 of your Digimon with [Angoramon] in its text.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

Wow! What a lot of cards that I took forever to post!

Next time, the Jellymon line

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Are there any theories about Kiyoshiro’s wrapped hand?

It's because he's an anime loving dork and that's still him being a bit of a chuuni.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Wow! What a lot of cards that I took forever to post!

Next time, the Jellymon line

Wow, I can't believe it took them over 20 years to make a Male Renamon analog line.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I really like that Angoramon line, and I'm thrilled that they finally printed a Ruli that's definitively good. I just kinda wonder if it's enough, I think it probably isn't.

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, I can't believe it took them over 20 years to make a Male Renamon analog line.

You should watch Ghost Game, it's good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Arcuturusmon
Mega | Virus | Dragon-Man
Digivolve from: Lvl 5 with Gammamon in text for 4
[On Digivolve] You may place 1 digimon card with Gammamon in its text from your trash as this digimon's lowermost digivolution source. Then, Delete 1 digimon with level equal to or lower than the number of sources this digimon has.
[On Deletion] You may return 1 digimon card from your trash to your hand. Then, By trashing 1 'Siriusmon' from your hand, you may play 1 Proximamon from your hand without paying its play cost.
ESS [ Your Turn] (Once per Turn) When your opponent's digimon is deleted, if this digimon has Gammamon in its text, trash the top card from your opponent's security stack.

Looks like we might see Proximamon first in the card game

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Aaand it’s here

quote:

Proximamon (RB1-036) SEC <02>
Mega | Virus | Unique
---
[Digivolve: 3 from [Siriusmon] with [Arcturusmon] in its digivolution cards]
---
[All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When another Digimon is deleted, you may play 1 level 4 or lower Digimon with [Gammamon] in its name from your trash without paying the cost.
[End of Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) By placing 1 Digimon card with [Gammamon] in its text from your hand or trash under this Digimon as its bottom digivolution card, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with DP less than or equal to this Digimon's DP.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so, ya girl Nod got the first season of the Digimon dub on Blu-Ray. At first I only got it because I want to support the franchise and encourage Discotek to release all the other seasons, but I decided on a whim to watch an episode. And, well.

It's time for ya girl to eat crow.

It was like that scene in Ratatouille where the critic eats the food that reminded him of his childhood with his mom. And it just...it reawakened that part of me that I buried a long time ago. The person who started with the dub, who even used to be a dub defender. I've come a long way since then, and shifted to the completely opposite side of the spectrum, but this? It reminded me of those days when this franchise was new and exciting, when these kids and their monster partners sucked me into a series that's defined most of my fan interest for the last 25 years.

And like. I don't hate the dub anymore. It's still an objectively worse show than the original, and I'd take the sub over the dub any day of the week, BUT. I'm going to lighten up. Not be so exacting when it comes to my criticism. I'm not gonna suddenly start using dub terms and names and poo poo, but...I'm going to be a lot more chill about it.

Looking forward to the sub release, and hopefully the remaining seasons of this franchise. Here's hoping they make it to the end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:unsmith:

Genuinely happy for you, Nod.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

so, ya girl Nod got the first season of the Digimon dub on Blu-Ray. At first I only got it because I want to support the franchise and encourage Discotek to release all the other seasons, but I decided on a whim to watch an episode. And, well.

It's time for ya girl to eat crow.

It was like that scene in Ratatouille where the critic eats the food that reminded him of his childhood with his mom. And it just...it reawakened that part of me that I buried a long time ago. The person who started with the dub, who even used to be a dub defender. I've come a long way since then, and shifted to the completely opposite side of the spectrum, but this? It reminded me of those days when this franchise was new and exciting, when these kids and their monster partners sucked me into a series that's defined most of my fan interest for the last 25 years.

And like. I don't hate the dub anymore. It's still an objectively worse show than the original, and I'd take the sub over the dub any day of the week, BUT. I'm going to lighten up. Not be so exacting when it comes to my criticism. I'm not gonna suddenly start using dub terms and names and poo poo, but...I'm going to be a lot more chill about it.

Looking forward to the sub release, and hopefully the remaining seasons of this franchise. Here's hoping they make it to the end.

wow, new year new you indeed :)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Puyoyomon RB1-002 C <02>
In-Training | Lesser
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) By trashing 1 blue card in your hand, trash 1 digivolution card from the bottom of 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

quote:

Jellymon
Rookie | Data | Mollusk

[On Play] Reveal 3 cards from the top of your deck. Add 1 card with [Jellymon] in its text
and 1 [Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai] among them to your hand. Place the rest at the bottom of your deck in any order.
---
Inherited: [Your Turn] [Once Per Turn] When you trash a card in your hand using one of your own effects, gain 1 memory.

quote:

TeslaJellymon
Champion | Data | Mollusk

[When Digivolving] If you do not have a [Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai] card in play, you may play one from your hand without paying its memory cost.
---
Inherited: [Your Turn] [Once Per Turn] When you trash a card in your hand using one of your own effects, gain 1 memory.

quote:

Thetismon RB1-014 U <02>
Ultimate | Data | Aquabeast
[When Digivolving] You may trash up to 2 blue cards from your hand. For each card trashed by this effect, you may trash 1 card from under your opponent's Digimon or tamers. Then, 1 of your opponent's Digimon or Tamers without cards under it cannot be suspended until the end of your opponent’s turn.
----
[End of Attack] (Once Per Turn) By returning 3 card with [Jellymon] in its card text from your trash to the bottom of your deck in any order, unsuspend this Digimon.

quote:

Amphimon RB1-016 SR <02>
Mega | Data | Cyborg

[When Digivolving] [When Attacking] You may trash up to 2 blue cards from your hand. For each card trashed by this effect, trash 1 card from under your opponent's Digimon or tamers. Then, you may return 1 of your opponent's Digimon with no digivolution cards to the bottom of deck.

[All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When your blue Digimon would be deleted, by returning 3 cards with [Jellymon] in its text from your trash to the bottom of your deck in any order, that Digimon does not get deleted.

quote:

Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai RB1-033 R <02>

[All Turns] When your Digimon with [Jellymon] in text or your opponent's level 5 or above Digimon attacks, if your have 7 cards or less in hand, by suspending this tamer, <Draw 1>.

[Your Turn] When this tamer becomes unsuspended, gain 1 memory.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I love Jellymon-Sama so much

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 59: This wasn't the episode I thought this was going to be in the slightest. And given that it does feel like the show is gearing up to head towards a resolution when an episode that looked like a one-off... Wasn't.

I'd say it's cute this week's special guest star seems to really want a friend, but given his first inclination was extortion via incineration, yeah I can see why Hiro might be a bit suspicious of his motives. Relatedly, boo, not happy we still have time limit problems.

Also, definitely hoping some of the previous monster of the week partner showup down the line, I am excited for the prospect of the heroes being bailed out by Justice toad!

Amphimon next week!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Man, I really appreciate some of the horrific ideas they include in this show, it really goes to show that there's a lot you can do with the genre without going into material that's inappropriate for minors. Ghost Game is great.

I also really appreciate that some of the old MotW Digimon are recurring characters, like Clockmon and Mummymon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/exalted_speed/status/1614844994241859585?s=46&t=YjkFRIT1d1LCRm0LErLp5w

My boys… they survived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Man, I really appreciate some of the horrific ideas they include in this show, it really goes to show that there's a lot you can do with the genre without going into material that's inappropriate for minors. Ghost Game is great.

I also really appreciate that some of the old MotW Digimon are recurring characters, like Clockmon and Mummymon.

It gives the setting a bit more life and feel lived in. Especially since this is a series where the main characters aren't wandering around places and actually live in or near where poo poo happens