Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Someone please replace the fan blades with more cabinet doors, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Computer viking posted:

I guess this could also be tied into the atrocious electricity prices the UK had (and, I guess, still has) - it's easier to notice if you've left something expensive on that way?

No, they have those coin operated power switches that were shown on "Mr. Bean".

I thought that was a joke, but then somebody pointed out in the UK hellscape thread that they are totally real, and that landlords can put them in and overcharge their tenants something like 25% for electricity. But at least nowadays they can pay via NFC!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Davek2611/status/1613904730123808768?s=20&t=N9YofXe83oJmyd1CzZoVDQ

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I swear that has shown up in this thread before.

/edit: Found it

DrBouvenstein posted:

Found in the meme thread:

I'll say this; at least the TV isn't mounted above it?

Orvin fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 13, 2023

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bad Munki posted:

I think that also relies on the assumption that your neighbors are supposed to be Mormon as well.

Probably not a bad assumption in Utah.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Someone please replace the fan blades with more cabinet doors, thanks.

I did :(

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sagebrush posted:

what do you even put in that many cabinets? do mormons have multiple sets of dishes like observant jews?

and what goes in the empty floor space?
Ten cabinets for your skeletons, fifteen for your sex toys. The dishes go under the floor.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think this was designed by a cat.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Zopotantor posted:

No, they have those coin operated power switches that were shown on "Mr. Bean".

I thought that was a joke, but then somebody pointed out in the UK hellscape thread that they are totally real, and that landlords can put them in and overcharge their tenants something like 25% for electricity. But at least nowadays they can pay via NFC!

Oh it's even better these days! The power companies can put in smart meters under the promise of saving you money, then if you miss a couple of payments they can remotely switch you over to pre-pay - which is way more expensive than even the original style! So people struggling to afford energy bills end up having to pay more per unit.

It's total exploitation, and due to privitisation, all the government can do is say "please don't do that?"

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Looks cozy.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

brugroffil posted:

You should install them with the ground pin up anyway :colbert:

Ah yes, this is perfect.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the only reason i've ever heard for installing the sockets with the ground pin up is "if the plug is kind of loose and a little kid drops a coin down the wall, it will hit the ground and bounce off instead of shorting the live pins!" and that's such a stupid edge case. people barely even have coins anymore

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Sagebrush posted:

the only reason i've ever heard for installing the sockets with the ground pin up is "if the plug is kind of loose and a little kid drops a coin down the wall, it will hit the ground and bounce off instead of shorting the live pins!" and that's such a stupid edge case. people barely even have coins anymore

Yeah right? What are they gonna do drop a bit coin on it?

Idk if you're joking but like, there's other slim conductive items. I'm pro grounds up it just gives me a chuckle that on this one I swapped today both of my items were molded flat plugs.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It's a crazy edge case but code doesn't have a preference one way or the other so why not knock out the edge case?

Unless you have a right angle appliance plug then go pin down.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

brugroffil posted:

It's a crazy edge case but code doesn't have a preference one way or the other so why not knock out the edge case?

Unless you have a right angle appliance plug then go pin down.

There are too many wall warts that are designed to be hanging down and get awkward and even unstable if forced into the other orientation.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the ground pin goes down so the outlet looks like a little face. wtf is wrong with you people

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The single biggest benefit to the Schuko style sockets is apparently that they're symmetrical and thus don't have an up/down.

Denmark uses a modified version, for no obvious reason , but it does look very happy:

(Though they have also allowed installing Schuko-style sockets for some 12 years now, so I suspect they're very slowly moving into alignment.)

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 14, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Presented without comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac..._type=top_picks

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

now present it without facebook so people can see

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i assume this is the money shot

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Ten cabinets for your skeletons, fifteen for your sex toys. The dishes go under the floor.

It spreads

You can't escape the cabinets, you try to go outside but the door just leads to another bigger room full of more cabinets, you look down at your hands and realize that you are now made of cabinets too.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

coldpudding posted:

It spreads

You can't escape the cabinets, you try to go outside but the door just leads to another bigger room full of more cabinets, you look down at your hands and realize that you are now made of cabinets too.

The Cabinets Out of Space

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

The Kitchen Cabinets of Doctor Caligari

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

coldpudding posted:

It spreads

i think i played this doom wad

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Those cabinets are great kitchen design if you understand how they're supposed to function.

If you're being chased, you can run into one and run out of another.
You can open a door and stick your head in, which then pops out of a cabinet on the other side of the room.
You may run into a cabinet and when you run out, you and your pursuer have switched places.
You can escape into a cabinet, exit another, and immediately slam the door shut on your pursuer, trapping them inside the cabinet.
You may then knock on the door, and when your rival opens the cabinet door, you hand them a birthday cake. It's not their birthday, but they're so excited and take it anyway and fail to notice that the burning candles are actually sticks of dynamite. After you finish singing the last notes of Happy Birthday, you jump into a cabinet just before the dynamite goes off. Best case scenario for your rival is having his face blackened with soot, hair burned to stubs, and his teeth fall out sounding like xylophone chimes. Worst case scenario, when the smoke clears he finds himself as a spectral image of himself rising upwards with a robe and wings strumming a tiny harp.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

coldpudding posted:

It spreads

For the love of God, Montresor!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

coldpudding posted:

It spreads

>I use my sword to detect good on it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

canyoneer posted:

Those cabinets are great kitchen design if you understand how they're supposed to function.

If you're being chased, you can run into one and run out of another.

Ahh, yes, the South Park NAMBLA chase scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD3-zzKgCMI

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

You're joking right? https://youtu.be/bhnUpGVpSvM

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes, but Scooby is played out.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Futurama had the best take on this gag.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm sure that was an Alan Smithee situation with the cabinet contractor. I'll take the job, but for the sake of my reputation don't tell anyone I did this

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340410957081870339/1063922411512274975/int6uevji1ca1.mp4

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

You could not offer me enough money to enter that house of concrete cards gently caress.

I would absolutely swing a long handled sledge hammer at the walls tho.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just a sneeze would be enough.

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe
The Joker-like laughing should be enough to knock it down. Maybe this was found footage from a phone in the rubble, we don't know!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

....those are landscaping pavers, aren't they?

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

What really gets me here is the stack bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

coldpudding posted:

It spreads

Oh cool Wes Anderson has a new project going.