Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Does Vegapunk Vegafuck?

On the Vengabus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Drakkel posted:

I think Perospero is only like 10 years younger than Vegapunk so no I guess big tongues are just a thing that happen in this world

Vegapunk is only 65? Would have pegged him for at least 80

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

hatty posted:

Vegapunk is only 65? Would have pegged him for at least 80

The title card said he was 43 when Ohara happened so yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Odyssey: it should be annoying how the game seems to force you onward to the main objective when you try to go a different way, but Zoro et al keep chiming in "no, this is actually the right way" so it becomes amazing instead. :allears:

Yeah, I did find it annoying to see something I wanted to look at and get forcibly turned around, but once I hit a point where Zoro is confidently proclaiming,"This way guys!" and THAT is why they all* turn around it started working for me :allears:

* except for Luffy, of course, who believes him wholeheartedly.

Also the "that's not a panda, it's a sunburned polar bear" bit between Usopp and Chopper is amazing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where's the new chapter? :argh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I kind of bounced off of the Pirate Warriors games, but Odyssey is extremely my jam. I'm fortunately on vacation right now, so I have plenty of time to soak it all in.

E:

:allears:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 14, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

holy poo poo senior babys backstory, what an absolute goober lmfao

also the whole "rebecca remains untainted" thing seems a bit forced since she's been throwing people into shark infested waters to win instead of directly murdering them, no?

i do appreciate that Pika's laugh is finally the one too dumb to not go unremarked on in universe

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 14, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

anime was right posted:

he gives amazing head

yep, the best brain

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lord save me from vegapunks sex life and deliver me a chapter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

i do appreciate that Pika's laugh is finally the one too dumb to not go unremarked on in universe

I can't remember if it is in the manga or just added to the anime for filler, but some of Doffy's goons frantically shushing and shaking their heads at Luffy as he's laughing his rear end off at Pika's voice cracked me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-U-XBJFCs

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Violen posted:

lord save me from vegapunks sex life and deliver me a chapter

:same:

Thread is experiencing chappy withdrawal superhard.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 14, 2023

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I forgot that by the time all the fighting was done, Dressrosa was possibly even more hosed up than Enis Lobby. Congrats on winning your country back, have fun with the hell blasted landscape.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

But they won their peace, which is far more valuable than the entire material wealth built up over doflamingos reign. Shame about the decade of trauma and all the dead tho

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dressrosa had a lot of superfluous parts (lol Wano), but is worth enduring for God Usopp

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

blackbeard's one great crime was betraying whitebeard. everything else he's done is pretty normal pirate poo poo. he's definitely a bad person that is directly opposed to luffy, but he's not fundamentally different from say, don krieg. teach is just more capable and successful, is all.

I think Blackbeard and his subordinates (especially Shiliew) stand out as especially bad due to all the gratuitous murdering they do, as opposed to the more pragmatic murdering that people like Don Krieg do. Blackbeard selects crew members by making the Level 6 prisoners fight each other to the death, Shiliew has previously killed other prisoners for sport, and Caterina Devon collects the heads of beautiful women. Though I think Krieg killed 1 or 2 of his own subordinates basically for speaking out of turn, so maybe there's not that much of a difference. And maybe Don Krieg isn't even the best point of comparison here; there's some dark humor about CP9 and the Donquixote Pirates killing large numbers of people to avoid the consequences of Fukuro's talkativeness and Baby 5's bad taste in men, respectively, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to find Kaku and Senor Pink, at least, likable to a degree. And then there's Kidd and the aptly-named Killer. So I guess you're basically right.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's an undercurrent that Teach and his gang are absolute lunatics even by the standards of pirates.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
his name is officially Shiryu. we are free

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Infinitum posted:

Where's the new chapter? :argh:

Next week

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Kild posted:

yep, the best brain

It's called good genes!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Wait a minute....

big head...

big... hat?????

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The post-Crocodile segment of Arabasta in Odyssey seems to be bugged since none of the breakable crates have anything in them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lpzie posted:

It's called good genes! lineage factor!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Julias posted:

Next week

Where's :argh: The :argh: New :argh: Chapter :argh:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Julias posted:

Next week

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also I'm calling it now, the person Vegapunk called is going to be Saul

Robin gets her friend back
We get our all access pass to Elbaf for Usopp

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

BUSTER! CALL! SAUL!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I think Saul showing up in person a couple chapters after it's revealed he's alive would be a bit odd. Why not just reveal he's alive when he shows up in person?

Kidd also just got to Elbaf and he's looking for the man marked by fire so it would make more dramatic sense for Saul to be hiding out on Elbaf and Kidd to start messing things up there before Luffy arrives. After all, Saul was apparently working with other giants and even if he wasn't a fan of Elbaf's warrior culture, that's definitely a country where Saul could lay low beyond the World Government's reach.

But Saul is awesome and I want Robin to see him again so I'd be thrilled if it did turn out to be Saul!

My money is on Stussy though. Her familiarity with the island and the appearance of a mysterious woman as a member of MADS is too suspicious.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

BUSTER! CALL! SAUL!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We got the cover arc reveal of Pudding being kidnapped in the same chapter that we see the aftermath, and we're getting a cover arc about MADs at the same time we're meeting one of its primary members, both technically in the same cover arc. Oda is slamming through the story beats at breakneck pace, so I can absolutely see Saul turning up immediately.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Infinitum posted:

Saul isnt from elbaf!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Something I'd point out is that the other Vegapunks' reaction to activating this secret person was like "Oh poo poo this is gonna completely turn the tides of the fight" so IMO it would have to be someone whose pretty strong if Vegapunk, who knows exactly who he's dealing with, thinks they're strong enough to fend off CP0 and Saul doesn't really fit that bill to me.

There's also the whole 'If they join the fight they'll be an enemy of the government" line which kind of automatically disqualifies Saul as he's been an enemy of the government ever since he busted Robin's mom out of prison

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Seen a lot of theorizing that "that person" vegapunk called is Scopper Gaban, the last of the Rogers "Monster Trio" who is coming out of retirement and out of hiding to protect something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah at this point I think it has to be either Scopper Gaban, Kuma in a new body, or a new character(Another Lunarian would make sense, Vegapunk being able to make the Seraphim with just the data from when King was in custody seems a bit sketch)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Turns out Roger didn't actually die all those years ago, instead Vegapunk took his brain and created PX-Alpha.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I feel like if Vegapunk's ally here is a whole new character, I'm expecting it to be like Prince Loki or someone else from Elbaf. Ties into that and gives the crew someone from there to associate with from the offset. Plus, we know the WG are interested in gigantification and I find it implausible that Vegapunk wouldn't also be working on that (mandatorily) and be able to explain what the deal there is.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

RatHat posted:

Yeah at this point I think it has to be either Scopper Gaban, Kuma in a new body, or a new character(Another Lunarian would make sense, Vegapunk being able to make the Seraphim with just the data from when King was in custody seems a bit sketch)
Kuma doesn't make much sense 'cause his body is flying back here for some reason. If he's got a cool new body capable of taking on CP0, what's his old one doing? Though I'll admit there's enough weirdness going on with the Kuma situation it's a possibility. The idea that his mind is being stored on Egghead makes sense at least.

Scopper Gaban seems like he's only being floated because he's probably the most important character we know nothing about. So, sure, a possibility because we don't know anything about him, but it doesn't seem like anything has actually suggested him in particular.

Out of curiosity, why would you think it can't be Stussy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because they implied it was someone who was already on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i have no idea who it is and it seems kind of impossible to guess so idc lol