Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I played it on release Dirge was not good at then and time hasn’t been kind to it. The gun customization was kinda neat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rehabilitating FF13 is already too much, dirge is just unacceptable

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
hearing rumors the ffvii remake will have it's final installment released exclusively for PS7 in 2029 (though delays will probably make it spring-summer 2030)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just finished the first 3 DLCs for XV. The added context to what these characters did in the background was nice, albeit too short. The ignis alternate ending was also nice.

Time for the Ardyn DLC and I’ll probably watch Kingsglaive one last time eventually. And I can put the XV universe to rest.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 15, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Nomura looking at Dirge in the list of remake candidates
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1614305783155511296?t=yPgId6HwspUBssaEnDheKw&s=19

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Keromaru5 posted:

I think the game intends you to go to Mt. Zozo after you get the airship, but you might have a better time in the Veldt.

Thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dirge of Cerberus remaster when

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
DoC remake but it’s just a video of Nomura dragging the source code into the recycle bin

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Would be funny if they poached the combat designer from FFXVI to remake Dirge though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

rehabilitating FF13 is already too much, dirge is just unacceptable

If it felt fine to control, people would probably be ambivalent about it rather than desperate to pretend it doesn't exist.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Allarion posted:

Would be funny if they poached the combat designer from FFXVI to remake Dirge though.

Dirge already wanted to be a Devil May Cry, might as well give it to him.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Dirge is an amusing time capsule as one of the most mid two thousands video games to ever exist but it is not remotely capable of being rehabilitated.

Crisis Core was already good despite its warts and a lot of the clunkier elements of the combat and gameplay got cleaned up by the remaster.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RevolverDivider posted:

Dirge is an amusing time capsule as one of the most mid two thousands video games to ever exist but it is not remotely capable of being rehabilitated.

Crisis Core was already good despite its warts and a lot of the clunkier elements of the combat and gameplay got cleaned up by the remaster.

If they rebuilt Dirge they same way they rebuilt FF7 for Remake, it could be good.

If they just polish it up like Crisis Core, it'll suck.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Lightning Returns: Probably not done for the night, but I think I'm almost done with main mission 2-2. This City is pretty fun, I like it. I also enjoy that killing monsters in an arena means you're gonna be a great actor. Snow is being a dickhead so I assume we're going to kick his rear end like we did with Noel.

Also, that Cyclops model looked awful familiar :allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/GmanLives/status/1614732093497708545?s=20

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Finished up ff15 Episode Ardyn DLC and really enjoy him as a villain. This game has alot of interesting characters and ideas and despite how many problems I had with the whole game and series, I was eventually won over.

Now debating to either start FF9 or 12

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

12 has much better gameplay than 15 or 9, so go with that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
12 has the least interesting and simplest gameplay in the franchise outside of FF1 and FF3. It's so simple you can completely trivialize it with a handful of If=>Then statements in it's in game AI builder.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just finished the first 3 DLCs for XV. The added context to what these characters did in the background was nice, albeit too short. The ignis alternate ending was also nice.

Time for the Ardyn DLC and I’ll probably watch Kingsglaive one last time eventually. And I can put the XV universe to rest.

Don't forget the DLC that got turned into a book of novellas.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

12 has the least interesting and simplest gameplay in the franchise outside of FF1 and FF3. It's so simple you can completely trivialize it with a handful of If=>Then statements in it's in game AI builder.

Yeah but it has dope vibes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Finished up ff15 Episode Ardyn DLC and really enjoy him as a villain. This game has alot of interesting characters and ideas and despite how many problems I had with the whole game and series, I was eventually won over.

12 is poo poo so play that first.

Or not at all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
12 managed to make nu mou disgusting instead of adorable so it's bad. give that stinker a wide berth.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
skip all the final fantasies and play a real JRPG like Wild ARMs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

skip all the final fantasies and play a real JRPG like Wild ARMs

Actually always wanted to play a wild arms, wassup with those games? They all good?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Actually always wanted to play a wild arms, wassup with those games? They all good?

They're pretty okay. I don't know if there's a legible translation for WA2 though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still remember brief snippets of WA4. I distinctly remember one of the bosses getting a Anime Closeup Super Move Pose, with an incredibly long line that lasts far longer than the movement in the pose, resulting in him just kind of freezing there for the extra three or four seconds it takes for him to finish the line. That is about it though.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Three is the best one.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I actually found it rather annoying because they very blatantly go 'hey buy the DLC if you want to find out what happened here! *wink wink nudge nudge*'

Why does Gladio have a huge scar on his chest after he rejoins the party? lol get the DLC, we're not even going to hint at what went on.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BisbyWorl posted:

Why does Gladio have a huge scar on his chest after he rejoins the party?

Rough sex.

Anyhow, inspired by FrostyPox, I decided to go back to FFXIII-2, and it occurred to me:

Jeffrey::Etro
Mods::Fal'Cie (more like Fail'Cie, amirite? :smuggo:)
IKs::L'Cie

It also tracks with the Creator being a huge rear end in a top hat, too.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

1,3,5 are good
2, ACF, and 4 are not good

3 is the best one.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So I've been playing this over the past few days, just got through the golden saucer sequence

I actually kind of like it! It's definitely got the community theater vibe but in a great way. Also the weird description in the YouTube link for the trailer did actually turn out to be right. They don't really curse like, at all basically in the actual game

Why they didn't just cut a different less embarrassing trailer instead of making weird posts asking people to ignore it I'll never understand though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

4 does have Raquel Applegate (who is incredibly cool and badass)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

I actually found it rather annoying because they very blatantly go 'hey buy the DLC if you want to find out what happened here! *wink wink nudge nudge*'

Why does Gladio have a huge scar on his chest after he rejoins the party? lol get the DLC, we're not even going to hint at what went on.

I mean yeah it is annoying. I’m thankful that all I needed to get was the Ardyn episode for 5 dollars since the royal edition was free with PSN plus.

But that’s exactly why I skipped the game in 2016. It’s clear that this was a rush job and they just slapped a game together as quick as possible to meet a deadline. The dungeons feel like PSP Crisis Core level dungeons, the sidequests are mostly meaningless, and the plot is held together by string. And things just sorta happen. The fall of Insomnia/Lucis, all of Lunafreya basically, what happens to your party members.

The DLC episodes I wish were integrated into the game but alas it’s not so. Tabata is quoted that the game was so big they had to throw stuff out into other things like the movie, the anime, books, the side scrolling beat ‘em up and more, but honestly it feels like that was just a corporate decision since they had 10 years invested in this game they forced it into becoming this multi media project. It’s wild man, the big story beats did resonate with me though. Like I really did enjoy this main cast of characters and especially the ending. I just wish they made me give a poo poo about basically everyone else that wasn’t the main cast and Ardyn.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Awesome now you can play FFXV: War for Eos

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Why they didn't just cut a different less embarrassing trailer instead of making weird posts asking people to ignore it I'll never understand though

A large part of it to me is opening up with Tifa's "What the gently caress, Cloud?" because the actor sounds like she's trying to sound the same as the actor for Tifa in Machinabridged except Sarah Anne Williams is a professional voice actor.

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

4 does have Raquel Applegate (who is incredibly cool and badass)

Hell yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing WA3 right now but I have to treat it like a survival horror game until I unlock the thing that lets you grow healing items.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I finished FF6 this morning. Starting up FF7 now. Seven more Final Fantasy games to go!

My FF7 progress is gonna come to a grinding halt on Friday when Fire Emblem comes in.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finished FF6 this morning. Starting up FF7 now. Seven more Final Fantasy games to go!

My FF7 progress is gonna come to a grinding halt on Friday when Fire Emblem comes in.

I'm doing the same thing but kind of at random with whatever strikes me. I just finished FF6 PR and loved every second of it. Haven't played it since it launched on SNES all those years ago so it almost felt brand new again. I'm thinking of doing FFV next since I haven't played that since the PS1 days. Engage is going to eclipse everything else so something I can beat in 5 days sounds perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Pixel Remasters are excellent, but they need to fix the scrolling issues. And also the frame rate dropped whenever I accessed the menus. That got really annoying. I played them on Steam Deck so the frame drops might have been only an issue there.