Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

COPE 27 posted:

Don't worry you don't have to learn how to right click on a touchscreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

COPE 27 posted:

Don't worry you don't have to learn how to right click on a touchscreen
except they got rid of the really great pressure-sensitive 3d touch and replaced it with software hold to get context menus

gently caress you apple that feature was great

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Anyone who earnestly defends Apple's design, ergonomics etc. is a loving moron. I have an iphone and I can't believe people actually like this poo poo

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
And thank you thank you for getting rid of the ipod classic. The one piece of tethered electronics TOO USEFUL to continue making :mad:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Futanari Damacy posted:

Anyone who earnestly defends Apple's design, ergonomics etc. is a loving moron. I have an iphone and I can't believe people actually like this poo poo

its the best phonee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*guy who defends woody allen voice*

the iphone is bad

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
the iPhone is good and woody Allen is good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
and i think the iphone is bad and woody allen is bad, all four quadrants have been filled

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
you must learn to separate the art from the artist. it’s okay to acknowledge that Steve Jobs was a bad guy but made a beautiful thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

steve jobs was good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

steve jobs was good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

you must learn to separate the art from the artist. it’s okay to acknowledge that Steve Jobs was a bad guy but made a beautiful thing

woz built it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I just said how much I liked the original ipod, for whatever reason no other company has even attempted to beat it.

As far as really any piece of electronics they've produced though, those weren't altogether difficult ideas to conceive of. From the instant any of those things existed separately (phone, camera, portable music player, internet connected computer) pretty much everyone was thinking it would be good, if not immediately feasible, to combine them. Having the industrial capital to enact your will is not the same as being an actual genius. This is Elon Musk syndrome, classic edition.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

good point but have you seen the other ones??

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ArmZ posted:

woz built it

That too

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

mawarannahr posted:

good point but have you seen the other ones??

Not Android or Google, I used Blackberry for years :shrug:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

slave to my cravings posted:

the iPhone is good and woody Allen is good

half right

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I had to set up 10 iPhones for my team and it conservatively took ~15 hours

I really appreciate that Apple ID, app store, iTunes and iCloud are all apparently different things with different passwords. I really appreciate logging in to be told I need to create a payment profile to download a free app, to have to log into it again for some reason, in order to be logged in to the app store at which point I need to enter the password AGAIN to actuallyb start the download.

And if any of your employees have ever used an Apple device since they were assigned their corporate email, gently caress you.

At least half of them got stuck entering a postal code which threw an error for not matching the blank province selection which froze everything and necessitated an account reset.

COPE 27 has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Jan 16, 2023

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i will tell him

muito agradecido

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

COPE 27 posted:

I really appreciate that Apple ID, app store, iTunes and iCloud are all apparently different things with different passwords. I really appreciate logging in to be told I need to create a payment profile to download a free app, to have to log into it again for some reason, in order to be logged in to the app store at which point I need to enter the password AGAIN to actuallyb start the download.

And if any of your employees have ever used an Apple device since they were assigned their corporate email, gently caress you.

At least half of them got stuck entering a postal code which threw an error for not matching the blank province selection which froze everything and necessitated an account reset.

my cousin set up iphones for his family and it took him about 15 minutes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

get good old man

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
or just get a cousin

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

COPE 27 posted:

I have an iPhone and I use the same password for all of these :confused:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

my cousin set up iphones for his family and it took him about 15 minutes

Is his family a corporation?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

jfc let’s talk about podcasting. q: do you use a podcast app that normalizes audio? what about silence skipping?

I like downcast but I switched to overcast because chapo audio. I don’t skip silence on things that are supposed to be funny (ruins timing) but I do on boring stuff like death panel.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
imagine going "yeah steve jobs sucked which is why i'll defend a thing made by Google"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

COPE 27 posted:

Is his family a corporation?

the family is a corporation recognized by the us government

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i listen to podcasts by downloading them onto my phone and playing them with the app blackplayer

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I finally caught up to Chapo, and lol at their Palestinian guest calling out Matt being silent in the interview.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Just lol if you aren't streaming podcasts from your plex NAS

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mawarannahr posted:

jfc let’s talk about podcasting. q: do you use a podcast app that normalizes audio? what about silence skipping?

I like downcast but I switched to overcast because chapo audio. I don’t skip silence on things that are supposed to be funny (ruins timing) but I do on boring stuff like death panel.

podcast addict's silence skipping is too aggressive and makes it harder to understand what people are saying when paired with the speed adjustment feature

otoh its volume boost is a must-have

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i use apple podcasts kuz its the default. thnx

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
my phone is all defaults which makes me cooler

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I configured my Antenna Pod App back in like 2018 and I've migrated the settings from phone to phone but pandemic time disconnected me from podcasts in a tangible way. If I look at it now, my brain explodes as it tries to figure out what setting got messed up from updates, migrations, and blackfeeds taken down. Just error messages all the time that all get rightly ignored. I like it because of the way it pauses and prioritizes map directions when I'm listening. Also I set it up so that if pause a podcast for more than an hour, it'll rewind like 2-5 minutes so my brain can remember where the conversation left off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Three Pumpkins, California is an intrinsically funny name, which means that it's much less funny as a random town name picked as the setting for E1 episodes than Terre Haute was.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

Someone tell brace to never try speak Portuguese again

i have black bagged him and hes currently on the way to the lulag

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

i use apple podcasts kuz its the default. thnx

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

KirbyKhan posted:

. Also I set it up so that if pause a podcast for more than an hour, it'll rewind like 2-5 minutes so my brain can remember where the conversation left off.

drat thats a sick feature

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
I download mp3 files and listen to them in poweramp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Samuel Glompers posted:

I download mp3 files and listen to them in poweramp

Same but in the fx filebrowser on my phone.