Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The real reason the Naberius clan has a "no parties" policy is because they party too hard and don't want to stop. One time they had a family reunion that lasted 5 years and resulted in the destruction, reconstruction, and destruction of the family castle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Man, I am really loving season 3 of the anime. Spoiler for the most recent episode.
Watching Iruma act out Hatsukoi Memory for the genie with Nafra was a blast. I really hope they expand on what Lead did for getting the pot.
For any manga only readers, I really recommend checking the anime out, it adds lots of little moments that are not in the manga. Like Clara's family being a constant musical.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh yeah, for sure. This is probably one of the better translations from page to animation that nobody talks about. Sure, we don't get the big SAKUGA, but we get musical numbers!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
First Hunt Problems

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I get Iruma's sheer charisma and Alice's strength putting them on the list. But what did the magic development club do to warrant having them put on it as well? .

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Brought To You By posted:

I get Iruma's sheer charisma and Alice's strength putting them on the list. But what did the magic development club do to warrant having them put on it as well? .

Time for Garu to get some screentime

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It is a small club made up of just misfits which includes who is essentially their leader. Of course Iruma's army is going to receive special attention or else they could snag up almost the entire first year class without even trying.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

It is a small club made up of just misfits which includes who is essentially their leader. Of course Iruma's army is going to receive special attention or else they could snag up almost the entire first year class without even trying.

Iruma is in the Magical tool Batra. The Batra I'm talking about is the Magical Development Batra with only Jazz as the misfit member and a demon named Garu as the only other named member among others. Their group were responsible for half of the magic used to alter Amelie's mind during the election arc. Also, the head of the New Magic Batra, Garu, had a teacher or two he could persuade as stated during the Royal One arc so Garo is well connected to some faculty.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iruma is in the Magical tool Batra. The Batra I'm talking about is the Magical Development Batra with only Jazz as the misfit member and a demon named Garu as the only other named member among others. Their group were responsible for half of the magic used to alter Amelie's mind during the election arc. Also, the head of the New Magic Batra, Garu, had a teacher or two he could persuade as stated during the Royal One arc so Garo is well connected to some faculty.

Ah. I completely missed that there was more then one barta on the list. Maybe all the ones with misfits are being pointed out as threats?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's probably a normal, mainstream batra. if all of the clubs were completely dependent on star power to gain members then that would ruin the premise of the arc. it'd be a popularity contest, not a mad, violent scramble.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's probably a normal, mainstream batra. if all of the clubs were completely dependent on star power to gain members then that would ruin the premise of the arc. it'd be a popularity contest, not a mad, violent scramble.

I went back and checked. Yeah, they were the ones to get 2nd place during the School Festival behind the Succubus Division. So you are probably right in that they are just a very popular club within Bablys.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Reliable Senpai

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm confused as to why this was against the rules if none of the other poo poo was.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
calvindevilball

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, Eligos did specifically say that he was escalating beyond anything the other battlers had thrown at them. Not really a surprise that that took it from 'acceptable chaos' to 'unacceptable chaos'.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Food Batras was playing dirty.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Amelie was probably just looking for an excuse to keep Chima away from Iruma.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ThingOne posted:

Amelie was probably just looking for an excuse to keep Chima away from Iruma.

More like looking for an excuse to beat the poo poo out of Eligos again. I mean, can you blame her?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Two devibirds with one fireball

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Nothing in the rulebook says that just because you can't go out and recruit first-years, the first years can't come to your Batra themselves.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

amigolupus posted:

Nothing in the rulebook says that just because you can't go out and recruit first-years, the first years can't come to your Batra themselves.

Yeah, Iruma got into his during the free period after the hunts died down. Not like Amy was going to come out swinging.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I've been rereading the heartbreaker arc and I just noticed that Sabro managed to break out of his wicked phase on his own. Dude has an absolutely insane amount of willpower.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThingOne posted:

I've been rereading the heartbreaker arc and I just noticed that Sabro managed to break out of his wicked phase on his own. Dude has an absolutely insane amount of willpower.
As expected of Iruma's only legitimate rival among the Misfits. But Sabnock also spent his whole life suppressing his Wicked Phase so he's got willpower to spare. Also, it makes me wonder how Alice initiates his wicked phase without the drug since both times he seems to undo his hair as some sort of psychological trigger, but Balam introduces the idea of there being a drug to initiate and stop wicked phases during the harvest festival. Would be telling is Sabnock needs the drug to start but Alice doesn't.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

As expected of Iruma's only legitimate rival among the Misfits. But Sabnock also spent his whole life suppressing his Wicked Phase so he's got willpower to spare. Also, it makes me wonder how Alice initiates his wicked phase without the drug since both times he seems to undo his hair as some sort of psychological trigger, but Balam introduces the idea of there being a drug to initiate and stop wicked phases during the harvest festival. Would be telling is Sabnock needs the drug to start but Alice doesn't.

I think it's just experience. Sabro just started training with Balam and is probably starting at a disadvantage compared to Alice since he doesn't go through wicked phases normally.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Destined Encounter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nishi is so good at integrating new characters into the story; I love the first years. Also Demon King Batra is the best Batra.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sabro just needs to accept the fact that he is a papa and take good care of his kids.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hunt11 posted:

Sabro just needs to accept the fact that he is a papa and take good care of his kids.

I like how supportive his fellow club members were.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Demon King Batra is great because it's literally a History club with the nerdy sort of people that would fill up a history club and then their's Sabro, a guy who looks like he could bench the whole club (members, books and all) and he's probably the biggest nerd out of all of them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, life's hard for a single father.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It seems Iruma is gonna be recruiting Spider-Man.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Chapter 284: Young Hearts

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 31, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm excited about the teaser.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Nemo2342 posted:

Any time Ameri is not on the page, everyone should be asking, "Where's Ameri?"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mirage posted:

Any time Ameri is not on the page, everyone should be asking, "Where's Ameri?"

The answer to that is obvious. Somewhere quiet whilst thinking adorable thoughts about Iruma

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I for one welcome the Magical Tools club actually doing club activities again.

Nemo2342 posted:

Next chapter is loving great let me tell you.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

I for one welcome the Magical Tools club actually doing club activities again.

I'd love it if Sylvia really got into it. It'd be a neat way for her to take her bloodline ability in a different direction from her brother.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Eligos seems like such a strong fit for this battra, it's kind of a wonder he didn't try it out before. We might get an explanation at some point but I'm guessing it's a combination of too much simping for Ameri on his part and the battra actually being a Six Fingers black op and therefore uninterested in actual magical tool enthusiasts.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Would be kind of amusing if "So why don't you do magitools research" was met with "Last time we tried it caused a terrorism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Take My Handkerchief