Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Oof

Painful memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Makima is cute

https://twitter.com/yoshidop/status/1614820923965640704

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I assume rule one is Do Not under Any Circumstances let the little girl tell you what to do.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Asa about to get drawn into a tea party where she, inexplicably, is unable to convince herself to leave

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Asa comes to Denji’s door Yoru says don’t open it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So you think Denji is being legit or just exaggerating? Him saying you'll die as a "worse-case scenario" makes me think it'll actually happen, but I can't get the idea of Denji just hyping up Nayuta whenever out of my head.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really hope that Nayuta is the smug little gremlin, spoiled rotten by Denji (within his means), we all anticipate her to be.:3:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really hope that Nayuta is the smug little gremlin, spoiled rotten by Denji (within his means), we all anticipate her to be.:3:

Power at home

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

All of the rules will just be basic etiquette and manners that Nayuta got sick of Denji not doing. Denji naturally thinks following the rules is pretty much impossible.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

AnoHito posted:

All of the rules will just be basic etiquette and manners that Nayuta got sick of Denji not doing. Denji naturally thinks following the rules is pretty much impossible.

Actually much better answer.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AnoHito posted:

It's definitely this, but the threat of death will be very real. "If you walk around the house with muddy shoes like that I'm going to have the dogs eat your legs again," sort of thing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nayuta handing out these cards to all their guests

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Demji dies very easily so the stakes are not as high for him, but he doesn't know if that is the same for Asa's case.

Still, he's willing to risk her death for a date.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....why is the Devil Hunter club president spying on them? Stalking Denji is Yoshida's job, don't cramp his style man.

last chapter the president was shocked by asa's power and so he pretty clearly wants to know what's up. like, she demonstrated that she has a devil contract or something, makes sense to keep an eye on her

also, the birds again...

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
beginning to think that neither denji nor asa is very smart

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Every time something strange happens, we say it was very good that Nayuta did that

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Coca Koala posted:

Really happy for Denji that he's found someone new to share a brain cell with.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What cartoons were big with Japanese kids in the 90's? It's too early for Pretty Cure (that was in the early 2000s I think), but I'm pretty sure Pokemon had already started airing, Sailor Moon too. There are probably reruns of Doramon and Osomatsu-kun running fairly often, also Shin Chan.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I think Nayuta is going to force her brother and his girlfriend to watch anime with her, Yoru will love it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In summer 1997, TMNT went off the air and was replaced by Evangelion, which was pretty influential to Chainsaw Man

Somebody on Tiktok pointed out that Aki’s weird arm-swinging walk in episode 9 might’ve been a reference to Misato’s power walking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTPmd5K2Vw

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 18, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

Hell is full of those who underestimated Denji's intelligence. (Usually with last thoughts along the lines of "How did that complete moron outsmart me?")

I'm looking forward to finally seeing more than Nayuta's head again (and curious if she's grown much, considering Denji's college comment). Of the current theories, I'm leaning towards Denji having made the ground rules (some pretty normal, some more... Denji, and possibly some relating to Makima-related baggage) and then them kind of shifting over time to have increasingly lethal consequences.

It's also nice to know Denji has a VCR and the money to go to the movies. Seems his scamming and hustling is "Nayuta needs college money and also I am used to being very poor" rather than "I do not know where my next meal is coming from".

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Asa probably has a betamax and is convinced it'll soon dominate the market

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EmmyOk posted:

Asa probably has a betamax and is convinced it'll soon dominate the market

Asa always being on the wrong side of whatever technology war is currently happening feels extremely in character for her.

In a few years she's going to be VERY passionate about the Zune.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 18, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just hope one of the rules is that she has to greet every single dog like a person, because that's always funny.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Much like Regular Show the format wars are also a real thing between the different physical media devils.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Obsolescence Devil

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Steve Yun posted:

In summer 1997, TMNT went off the air and was replaced by Evangelion, which was pretty influential to Chainsaw Man

Somebody on Tiktok pointed out that Aki’s weird arm-swinging walk in episode 9 might’ve been a reference to Misato’s power walking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZTPmd5K2Vw

It's definitely what I immediately thought of when I saw it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It’s been a long time since I saw Eva, what was the motivation behind Misato flirting with Shinji?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Electric Phantasm posted:

Much like Regular Show the format wars are also a real thing between the different physical media devils.

Those devils would be so weak, nobody is afraid of VHS.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Steve Yun posted:

It’s been a long time since I saw Eva, what was the motivation behind Misato flirting with Shinji?

In end of Eva Shinji was unresponsive in a doom spiral so she tried to appeal to his teenage hormones by being all "ooh ill smooch ya and we can do more when you get back but please god get in the robot" mostly to keep him from getting shot in the head by soldiers.

In the series she just likes teasing everyone, and he's easy to tease.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

She is also bleeding out and dies moments after that. Anything to get him in the robot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I am glad my prediction came true and it was good. Denji x Asa lets go

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Spoilers for next chapter

source: https://www.tumblr.com/niceusername/706716949708734464/chainsaw-man-ch-119-leaked-not-clickbait?source=share

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Not enough huskies.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

2000 yen is about 20 dollars, so if that price is per person that's 40 dollars for them both to watch mummy movies all night, not counting food and drinks (which you're going to want if you're there all night, that's how they get ya).

I think I agree with Asa here. It sounds like a fun time, but that price is way too high for two students without jobs or parents, and Denji is trying to save money.
Food ¥15,000
Rent ¥25,000
Aquariums ¥1,000,000
Mummy Movie Marathon ¥2,000

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Steve Yun posted:

Misato has extremely deep-to-the-core intimacy issues from PTSD due to A) directly living through the apocalypse from a front row seat and B) watching her dad die saving her life after spending her whole childhood convinced he didn’t give a poo poo about her. These compounded to put her in a situation where she deliberately uses sexuality as a shield to protect her emotional vulnerabilities, and especially adopting a hyper-sexual behavior to limit how much people get emotionally invested in her. She’s also a severely debilitated alcoholic who was probably going to die of liver failure before 40 if SEELE hadn’t got to her first. The end result is that by the time of the TV series she flirts with literally everyone regardless of appropriateness and, by EoE, she’s been so emotionally broken down by kaji’s death, ritsuko’s betrayal, and the general collapse of the overall situation that all of her coping mechanisms have fallen apart and “I am going to bribe this child with sexual favors” is all she can think of because that’s all she’s got left.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Misato has extremely deep-to-the-core intimacy issues from PTSD due to A) directly living through the apocalypse from a front row seat and B) watching her dad die saving her life after spending her whole childhood convinced he didn’t give a poo poo about her. These compounded to put her in a situation where she deliberately uses sexuality as a shield to protect her emotional vulnerabilities, and especially adopting a hyper-sexual behavior to limit how much people get emotionally invested in her. She’s also a severely debilitated alcoholic who was probably going to die of liver failure before 40 if SEELE hadn’t got to her first. The end result is that by the time of the TV series she flirts with literally everyone regardless of appropriateness and, by EoE, she’s been so emotionally broken down by kaji’s death, ritsuko’s betrayal, and the general collapse of the overall situation that all of her coping mechanisms have fallen apart and “I am going to bribe this child with sexual favors” is all she can think of because that’s all she’s got left.
Also

Eimi posted:

She is also bleeding out and dies moments after that. Anything to get him in the robot.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

everyone always thinks of the end of eva moment but the way weirder and darker moment is when she comes onto shinji after rei dies

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i could fix her

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Foxfire_ posted:

Food ¥15,000
Rent ¥25,000
Aquariums ¥1,000,000
Mummy Movie Marathon ¥2,000

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Do you have any sources for the cost of living in 1998 Tokyo???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Wow 2000 yen in 1997 is worth 2,115 yen today

Insanely low inflation