Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU moved up 2 spots despite losing to Kansas, but I imagine a 2 point loss on the road to #2 isn't exactly considered a big loss. Helps that a ton of teams in the top 25 also lost this week. FAU made the rankings for the first time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rutgers finally cracked the top 25.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just because Edey is 13 feet tall doesn't mean you can hook him on a rebound attempt and get the call. Shut the gently caress up Tom Izzo

mcmagic posted:

Rutgers finally cracked the top 25.

Hell yeah man, they deserve it. Weird seeing us as the only two ranked in the B1G

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Edey scored 32, the rest of the team scored 32 and it was just enough.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Whew that MSU dude couldn't miss. Happy to escape East Lansing with a win any day

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Basketball!

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1615108301200687105

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jumping in early to the Sunflower Showdown

https://www.instagram.com/p/CngIqEyOw3N/?igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk%3D

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Poque posted:

Shut the gently caress up Tom Izzo

------------

In other news, Iowa versus Northwestern game for tomorrow night is postponed

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1615386533585977344?cxt=HHwWgIC81cvfgOssAAAA

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
that bodes well

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am genuinely surprised sports still have Covid protocols.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am genuinely surprised sports still have Covid protocols.
Because variants, as I've learned from first-hand experience, can be vicious even if you are fully-vaccinated and up to date on booster shots.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

Because variants, as I've learned from first-hand experience, can be vicious even if you are fully-vaccinated and up to date on booster shots.

On the other hand, the American sports industrial complex

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Tyrese Hunter back in Ames after transferring to Texas. God I need the cyclones to win this game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

i understand this, i just mean it is shocking to me that sports leagues are still acknowledging the existence of covid.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Kansas is going to have to put in Big Jay to play if this keeps going this way.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Well everybody fouled out. cant complain much. KSU is legit, hope we blast them in two weeks.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
hey NC State didn’t gently caress up their trap game now just left to see how they bounce back following the inevitable loss to UNC

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nice win for the clones. Hopefully Hunter regrets transferring.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky erases an 8 point halftime deficit to beat Georgia by 14. Oscar Tshiebwe had 37 and 24. That second half might be the best they've looked all season.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky erases an 8 point halftime deficit to beat Georgia by 14. Oscar Tshiebwe had 37 and 24. That second half might be the best they've looked all season.

Sahvir Wheeler can stay hurt. Cason Wallace is the better point by a mile.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

stump collector posted:

Well everybody fouled out. cant complain much. KSU is legit, hope we blast them in two weeks.

We were due for a no-call to end the game going the other way. I'm not even mad, winning like five games in a row that go down to the wire is a ticking time bomb and a big loss helps re-set the mentality.

That being said I really don't know how a ref can be staring at this and not call the guy out of bounds. The game depended on it.

https://twitter.com/ChadKoerner/status/1615540964415934464

https://twitter.com/FansOfKU/status/1615545048669605893

I'm sure OU and OSU are like cry me a river though

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'm going to be in Austin the week of 1/29 for work and I thought about seeing Baylor play at Texas on 1/30, but the cheapest tickets I can find are $100. Not paying that much for two teams I don't root for. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to get tickets, let me know. Maybe if I just wait until the last minute I can get something that's not super expensive.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Deacs

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm going to be in Austin the week of 1/29 for work and I thought about seeing Baylor play at Texas on 1/30, but the cheapest tickets I can find are $100. Not paying that much for two teams I don't root for. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to get tickets, let me know. Maybe if I just wait until the last minute I can get something that's not super expensive.

For a single ticket, I wouldn't really look until two or three days before the game. You don't want the tickets that haven't been bought yet, you want the last minute "something came up and I can't find anyone" prices.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea, I'll stick to that plan. I'm not even sure I can make it to the game anyway, so I might as well just wait like an hour before tipoff and see what I can find.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/StevePoliti/status/689264418279034880
I was at this game.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I loving hate playing UVa, beyond just the obvious rivalry facts.

You suck all the fun out of the entire game. Nobody wants to watch you beat us 60-51. loving stop it already

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

ess ee see

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
no one can make a shot at the rim in this stupid game

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

mdemone posted:

I loving hate playing UVa, beyond just the obvious rivalry facts.

You suck all the fun out of the entire game. Nobody wants to watch you beat us 60-51. loving stop it already

Oh no

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

mdemone posted:

Don’t think that’s actually how this year’s UVA works though.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M teaching everyone why you hold the ball on a late breakaway and waste time rather than dunk it when you're up and they have to foul

e: thankfully Florida has no idea how to run an end of game possession apparently

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 19, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Arkansas seems peeved that Mizzou gave them a game last time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

Arkansas seems peeved that Mizzou gave them a game last time.

Did not know we were allowed to score in the first half tbh, my mind is blown

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

chaoslord posted:

Well, not too much on either side it appears.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Could get used to this

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grittybeard posted:

Well, not too much on either side it appears.

Yeah I clearly spoke too soon

Basketball equivalent of a pitchers duel

12-9 with 9 to go in the first half

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Now its tied lol

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This has been a physical game but I’m not sure it’s been a “19 fouls in 12 minutes” level of physicality

Edit: it seems like Arkansas always has an opponent that has never hit a 3 pointer in their life just become a sharp shooter

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh man that's a shame for Mizzou in what should be a nice night for them if they close this out.

Like that kinda screws their season probably.