Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll be honest I thought that match already happened, isn't Yuka the next challenger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Athena/Yuka will Supercard of Honor most likely

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Rarity posted:

Athena/Yuka will Supercard of Honor most likely

It seems an awfully long way away to bring Yuka over more than two months ahead of the pape

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Taxman posted:

It seems an awfully long way away to bring Yuka over more than two months ahead of the pape

They would have done something sooner but at the last minute Athena decided she needed the extra 2 months to find a better way to stick googly eyes to her entrance gear after the disappointment at the last ROH show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm guessing it'll be on the first ROH taping, whenever that happens.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Jay Briscoe tribute show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iS93bbBtLU

Watching now, Shinno/Yuta for the Pure title is a really interesting and unexpected opener.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

I got to Samoa Joe breaking down and nope, can't do it right now. Will watch the rest later

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah, the tributes from Joe and then Adam Cole were brutal. Speaking of, though, right after that is Cole and Briscoe from Final Battle 2014.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
Joe crying :(

e: going from Adam Cole's moving, heartfelt tribute to a promo he cut in... 2014 I guess? where he talks about hating everything about Jay is pretty funny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This Cole/Briscoe match, loving hell :stare:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god joe broke me again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone please give Eddie a hug :smith:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Kingston's tribute was as beautiful as it was devastating, and his match with QT was very fun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
This Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling match is a trip for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that I've never seen Claudio with hair

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Kingston's tribute was as beautiful as it was devastating, and his match with QT was very fun

So sad to hear him say "Tell sweeney I said hello. Tell brodie I said whattup." :(

Although... an afterlife with those three would probably be pretty fuckin funny

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling match is a trip for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that I've never seen Claudio with hair

Oh god, you've never seen the CZW vs ROH feud? That is possibly the highpoint of indie wrestling for me. Or poo poo, US wrestling fullstop, 2006 ROH was just on fire from Hell Freezes Over all the way to Final Battle (OK, the main event of HFO is a little weird with Danielson against Hero in Chris Hero's 1st ever ROH match, they'd been feuding on the forums & Live Journal because it's 2006, exchanging words & then they wrestle a pretty good but kind of heatless technical match, but small gripe).

I remember someone uploading every match & angle from that feud somewhere, I'll see if I can find it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Thanks, I'd appreciate that! I've actually seen very little of peak ROH simply because I wasn't watching wrestling at that time, so I'd value any opportunity I could get to catch up.

Great main event of Claudio/Daniels to cap off the show, possibly the best match the latter has had since joining AEW.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'd love to see a full compilation of the CZW vs. ROH feud from 2006 at one point. One thing that really stuck out to me was how smoothly they managed to book the big Cage of Death blowoff to immediately set up a main event feud for the rest of that year.

Anyway, one of the tributes that really got me for some reason was Austin Gunn, talking about being in the ROH dojo in 2018, helping take care of Jay's cut up back after the match.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Remember when those CZW fans cut a promo against ROH.

It was filmed in someone's basement

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Remember when those CZW fans cut a promo against ROH.

It was filmed in someone's basement

"Can I get a Necro chant?" is burned into my memory

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fld2-qLlHfw

This is the first Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Hero match. I don't think it was the start of the ROH vs CZW feud though. I think CZW had Best of the Best 6 first and a few ROH wrestlers were on the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mariooncrack posted:

This is the first Bryan Danielson vs. Chris Hero match. I don't think it was the start of the ROH vs CZW feud though. I think CZW had Best of the Best 6 first and a few ROH wrestlers were on the show.

Best of the Best was a few months later. Danielson/Hero was the first big match in the feud. CZW ran earlier in the day and Danielson showed up there. Hero had called Danielson out the month before at Cage of Death which set everything in motion.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MassRafTer posted:

Best of the Best was a few months later. Danielson/Hero was the first big match in the feud. CZW ran earlier in the day and Danielson showed up there. Hero had called Danielson out the month before at Cage of Death which set everything in motion.

Also, if I remember right, the Danielson call out was the brain child of Mike from Smart Mark Video who was helping to book CZW at the time, and Zandig found out, was pissed, and fired him.

Meanwhile, the whole thing made CZW the hottest it had been since the early 2000s, and maybe full stop since?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skios posted:

I'd love to see a full compilation of the CZW vs. ROH feud from 2006 at one point. One thing that really stuck out to me was how smoothly they managed to book the big Cage of Death blowoff to immediately set up a main event feud for the rest of that year.

Anyway, one of the tributes that really got me for some reason was Austin Gunn, talking about being in the ROH dojo in 2018, helping take care of Jay's cut up back after the match.

that was the feud that got me into collecting ROH! I was so bummed when CZW didn't really do anything with their shows.

CZW has historically only been good for their deathmatch tournament and the Cage of Death. When Emil Jay was running their dojo wars stuff, that was great too. I'm honestly surprised the company is still around.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hahaahaha I'm watching the Jay Briscoe Tribute and Celebration of Life and Eddie looks so overjoyed when he chops QT and QT flips backwards over the rope and spills to the floor

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

You're right, my bad. The CZW show I was thinking of was "An Afternoon of Main Events." I remember the message boards going crazy for that.

blast0rama posted:

Also, if I remember right, the Danielson call out was the brain child of Mike from Smart Mark Video who was helping to book CZW at the time, and Zandig found out, was pissed, and fired him.

Meanwhile, the whole thing made CZW the hottest it had been since the early 2000s, and maybe full stop since?

I vaguely remember Zandig threw Burns down a flight of steps but I can't find anything on the internet to corroborate that.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Apparently there is a presale for Super Card of Honor that started today for those like me were not aware.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/167378/roh-supercard-of-honor-presale-code.html?p=1

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mariooncrack posted:

man, i know chris hero is pretty much retired and hasn't wrestled since 2020 but i'd love for tony khan to get him in for even a small appearance

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Watching that Jay tribute video is making me want to watch old ROH stuff, perhaps honor club is for me

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
it's time to just cry into my dinner as i watch chris daniels describe jay briscoe

god loving drat

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Can we get Briscoe gang tags?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

Hahaahaha I'm watching the Jay Briscoe Tribute and Celebration of Life and Eddie looks so overjoyed when he chops QT and QT flips backwards over the rope and spills to the floor

The whole bit with getting the crowd involved in the match was just wonderful.

Great tribute show, hope I never have to see another ever again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bobby dempsey

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JOHN CENA posted:

bobby dempsey

Shane Hagadorn

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tank toland doin squats while larry sweeney bullies his jobbers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

larry sweeney would have done great with mjf :smith:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

GenghisTron posted:

Can we get Briscoe gang tags?

:yeah:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JOHN CENA posted:

larry sweeney would have done great with mjf :smith:

If Larry Sweeney were still alive MJF would still be on the indies or working Dark

12 Large baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Briscoes had one of the best Sinclair era TV matches, shocking I know. But they basically did their version of a Hardy compound match on their ranch, so more violent, less absurd. Well other than the fact that Sinclair made them put a DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME bug at the bottom of the match over and over again which was pretty funny.