Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Denjo could also equate dealing with a child trantrums to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
final alternative: denji's loving with her

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/ayanarts/status/1615769362887233537

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I'm imagining Nanika from HxH

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
There are so many ways this could go and I'm excited for all of them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rabid Boar posted:

Seriously I wish it was Tuesday already.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The monkey's paw curls another finger, and we are still a week away from the next chapter which releases on the 31st.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Seriously I wish it was Tuesday already.

helluva thing to say on a friday

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/jeannesfangs/status/1615872708469981185?s=20

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Rabid Boar posted:

Nayuta and Asa hit it off so well playing war where Nayuta is ordering everyone around that Yoru inadvertently pops out from excitement and playtime dangerously escalates. Denji is just frozen going "oshioshioshi-"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I mean I don't see why Yoshida would get fired, he's doing a pretty good job so far. He goal is to get Denji a girlfriend so he'll stop being Chainsaw Man, and Denji is about to go on his second date and hasn't been Chainsaw Man for like 10 chapters.

If anything Yoshida deserves a raise!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I hope all the rules are perfectly ordinary, reasonable, and simple. Plenty of warning and gentle reminders given. But if you obstinately refuse to follow the rules, the consequences are exactly as lethal as Denji implies.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

ZiegeDame posted:

I hope all the rules are perfectly ordinary, reasonable, and simple. Plenty of warning and gentle reminders given. But if you obstinately refuse to follow the rules, the consequences are exactly as lethal as Denji implies.

She's a kid AND a devil and the nature of her being the control devil means she probably likes things to go a very specific way. I don't think murder is on the table but then again kids are kids and she could totally kill someone.

The other Nayuta Fujimoto wrote wasn't evil either but she would hurt stuff if she got annoyed

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The thing is, her definition of what is lethal or not might be messed up because Denji can die. So she thinks it's fine and she can just give them some blood afterwards and they'll be okay just like Denji.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/huyandere/status/1607934148672454657

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
https://twitter.com/Kiwirabbit_/status/1616807607045599232?s=20

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
These are all amazing. God bless fan artists :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Again, Denji is Beavis because he has actual emotional depth. Power is Butthead!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

Devils on Earth who get killed wake up in Hell and vice versa

I forgot who it was, I laughed because a Devil got killed and showed up again days later, meaning everyone in hell hated them too

chiasaur11 posted:

It was Makima. Nayuta showed up very quickly... which makes how long we've been waiting to see her in part 2 even funnier.

I think I was thinking of Justice Devil, since Asa kills the class president and then we see Yuko

But then I realized they were just people who made contracts with Justice Devil, who was still at large

Does killing a fiend send the devil to hell?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, the devil doesn't pop out of the body, it dies when the body does, which is why it's kind of odd that devils become fiends at all, there seems to be no upside for the devils.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Kwyndig posted:

Yes, the devil doesn't pop out of the body, it dies when the body does, which is why it's kind of odd that devils become fiends at all, there seems to be no upside for the devils.

I think the only advantage is being able to blend into society

But then you have Angel Devil who is a full devil and fits in just fine

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that devils aren't fond of Hell either, in which case becoming a fiend makes more sense.

Back to the pit or hang out on Earth. Not a hard choice.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Future Devil would rather hang out alone in a dank cell forever than roam free in Hell. And he's so sociable!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Future Devil would rather hang out alone in a dank cell forever than roam free in Hell. And he's so sociable!

I imagine it's much easier to troll humans than devils.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also rebirth seems to mean becoming a brand new version of that devil. So if you die your devil is reborn but not necessarily "you"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Blood Devil WILL still be incredibly smart and sexy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This is all just part of Power's plan to negate term limits.

Serve eight years, die, get reborn, serve again; slam, bam, thank you ma'am, President for Life.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Denji and Asa's third date will be going to America after Nayuta offhandedly mentions that they just elected their first female president.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Bad Seafood posted:

This is all just part of Power's plan to negate term limits.

Serve eight years, die, get reborn, serve again; slam, bam, thank you ma'am, President for Life.

Also works if she's ever given a life sentence.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

EmmyOk posted:

Also rebirth seems to mean becoming a brand new version of that devil. So if you die your devil is reborn but not necessarily "you"

While we know the gist of the process (die in hell, end up on earth, die on earth, go back to hell), there's still a lot that's kind of vague--do devils lose their memories going both ways? It's clearly not total loss, how much carries through? Are there other ways to get a devil across the gap?

Obviously this is extremely fan-theory territory, and I don't think it's where things are going, but I could see it that The Blood Devil still has all of its memories as Power, but if it dies and goes back to Earth, that is when the loss would happen.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
What I want to know is when will we see the Devil Devil. It has to exist right? Though I'm guessing it's less powerful than you'd think, since Devils are a fact of life, so there's less overall fear.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ya I don't disagree but I think at some point they're pretty clearly impacted by loss of memory to some degree so it makes sense for them to hold on in the human world as much as possible even as fiends.

Or power for example powered up a lot when she consumed blood to the point they had to drain her. So presumably you can still accrue power to some extent depending on what you're the devil of. Maybe even get your devil form back

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

power should come back and be exactly the same and have all her memories. logically this makes sense because when you think about it power kicks rear end and should be able to do that

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Maybe Devils are scared of losing their memories of others and there’s an amnesia Devil that the devils fear as much as Chainsaw Devil, who makes others forget you

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

power should come back and be exactly the same and have all her memories. logically this makes sense because when you think about it power kicks rear end and should be able to do that

The worrisome thing about Power getting her memories back is that, if it's possible at all, there's much more evidence that the Control Devil could get her memories back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

The worrisome thing about Power getting her memories back is that, if it's possible at all, there's much more evidence that the Control Devil could get her memories back.

no i outlined it in my post, see, that only power can do that because power kicks rear end. it's really quite simple

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Power's a Nobel Prize contestant. Pretty sure she can remember something that happened like, last year.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Also works if she's ever given a life sentence.
President Power would never break the law.

Executive overreach? She can't even spell it. Literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man what? She could spell it. She'll spell it all kinds of ways. You can't handle how many different ways she'll spell it.