Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Violen posted:

i dont care about 4 pages of clone wars but bonneys fruit kicks rear end and i hope she gives us more of the aged crew sketches from sbs

Can she turn franky into a boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

mabels big day posted:

Can she turn franky into a boat

Don't be silly, this isn't Kingdom Hearts.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Scholtz posted:

Did you skip the Arabasta arc or something??

Whose mother is important there?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

jassa posted:

Mo... ther? Mother? What is that, pretty sure One Piece's world doesn't have those.

Oh wait, you mean Big Mom. Well, let me tell you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There’s multiple moms in One Piece

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can see why you'd make that mistake, but charlotte linlin is one large mother and not several regular sized mothers doing pirates docking.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it would have been better if instead of Charlotte, her name was Joe.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Don't be silly, this isn't Kingdom Hearts.

Get up on the giraffe's back!

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I'm still baffled by Oda inability to understand how western names work.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

YggdrasilTM posted:

I'm still baffled by Oda inability to understand how western names work.

The main reason people started calling him "Whitebeard" was the stupidity of "last name Edward, first name Newgate"

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
oda doing very weird things with names is a good bit

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

jassa posted:

Luffy's mother, Crocodile.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Chunk from the Goonies: Okay, Crocodile isn't Luffy's mom. But he is a clone of her!

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Buggy the Clone

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Caesar Crone

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

No Wave posted:

Luffy's mother trans dad, Crocodile.

Fixed that for you

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

jassa posted:

Fixed that for you

How do we know he's not Luffy's biological dad and Dragon wasn't who gave birth to Luffy?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
see you all next week

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

jassa posted:

Fixed that for you

We're talking about biology and genes wrt clones here. Crocodile can be both Luffy's mother and his dad at the same time.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Luffy is the product of a bioengineering project that combine all the genes Lineage Factors of the most infamous pirates of the past. He is basically Serpentor.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

"Once, a man... Once a man!” - Luffy, Gear Sssixthhh

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
The leaks have hit. Everyone hide under their desks for the next...I guess 18 hours, given how everyone's still eager to read speedscans.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

No Wave posted:

But a.) that was called "distorted future" as in that is not her body's resting state b.) big mom is thirty feet tall, not "bulkier" c.) child bonney has zero resemblance to child linlin, the point in a clone's life when they should look most identical. I still like the bonney is a big mom biodaughter theory though.

Big mom had a period of her life, I think when with the Rocks Pirates, where she was shown to be much leaner and more Bonny-like in appearance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she was always as big as a giant, though. her horrible backstory is based on that fact.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Delphisage posted:

The leaks have hit. Everyone hide under their desks for the next...I guess 18 hours, given how everyone's still eager to read speedscans.

Break next week

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Crazyeyes posted:

Big mom had a period of her life, I think when with the Rocks Pirates, where she was shown to be much leaner and more Bonny-like in appearance.

Yeah, and she was still twenty-something feet tall. The youngest we see Linlin is five years old, and even then she's at least twice as big as Bonney.

I don't think the point of the Stussy clone reveal was to cause a big stir about clones - I think the point was to reveal a connection between Vegapunk and the Rocks Pirates.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Crazyeyes posted:

Yes, but we've seen both as children. Child bonney has zero resemblance to child big mom. Being skinny with huge boobs in their young adult years is something 95% of women in this manga have in common.

And again, I've always liked the theory that they're related. But cloning is a different standard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For Stussy, guessing Vampire Mythical Zoan.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

No Wave posted:

Yes, but we've seen both as children. Child bonney has zero resemblance to child big mom. Being skinny with huge boobs in their young adult years is something 95% of women in this manga have in common.

And again, I've always liked the theory that they're related. But cloning is a different standard.

Yeah just to be clear the Big Mom clone thing is literally nothing.

I like the idea of them being related, but that's a tenuous link. Eats a lot of food, dresses in pink, has a bad attitude.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Clone-clone fruit

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

For Stussy, guessing Vampire Mythical Zoan.

Hito Hito no Mi, model: Dracula.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Vampires don’t put people to sleep.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

they do have hypnosis powers though. i think its just a vampire bat thing for stussy though. but, who knows.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ubiquitus posted:

Vampires don’t put people to sleep.

Someone hasn't seen the last Twilight movie, wakka wakka

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bleck posted:

I don't think the point of the Stussy clone reveal was to cause a big stir about clones - I think the point was to reveal a connection between Vegapunk and the Rocks Pirates.

I do think, given the relatively recent reveal of the Seraphim and the reveal of Stussy as a clone, there is some intention to make us think about clones. And I think the Weevil theory is an especially strong one which has clues sprinkled throughout the manga.

BUT the idea that we have to go through every character to debate clone status is incredibly stupid, especially when e.g. Bonney explicitly has a drat father to begin with. It reminds me of everyone defaulting to "it was all a dream" for like every "wacky" movie theory; that is really clever and works sometimes but it doesn't mean every time a character falls asleep on screen in any movie that the rest of the movie was a dream.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Spoiler-spoiler fruit

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Morj is rallying his cult again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Straight up, if Yamato didn't become a Straw Hat, no one is for the rest of the series

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Guy A. Person posted:

I do think, given the relatively recent reveal of the Seraphim and the reveal of Stussy as a clone, there is some intention to make us think about clones. And I think the Weevil theory is an especially strong one which has clues sprinkled throughout the manga.

Oh, definitely. Someone else is gonna be a clone at some point and it'll probably be a big deal. It's just that the fact that the first successful clone person just happened to be a clone of a member of the mysterious villainous crew that seems to be at the center of almost every mystery in the series seems like a bigger deal, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Straight up, if Yamato didn't become a Straw Hat, no one is for the rest of the series

If it's not Yamato, it's Vivi.