Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
We can pray the Thunder Hammer buffs make it past the version control patrols this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

skaianDestiny posted:

We can pray the Thunder Hammer buffs make it past the version control patrols this time.

I'm not really sure how much of an impact those buffs will actually make. Slightly more damage against flak armor (but you can one shot them anyway). Significantly more damage against carapace armor, but you only hit them with the special attack anyway. How much will that buff impact the special attack?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

skaianDestiny posted:

I think I'd get more entertainment out of those buffs appearing in the patch notes but not in-game a second or even third time.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my guess is the delay on this was them pleading with some investor VP to let them delay the console launch and try to salvage the game, which fortunately the VP allowed. this is somewhat surprising to me and probably a good sign. I am generally hopeful that Fatshark will turn this around the same way they turned around VT2. Sooner better than later though!

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Mordja posted:

Post your hours played.
32.5 hours.

Longer than I expected, but I still feel ripped off as those 32 hours were spent with the expectation it would lead to something. Plus it was purchased under the promise of crafting being completed in December. I mean, we're not even getting the live-service content they promised for x number of months so I honestly think Fatshark don't deserve to keep people's money. They lied to sell the game and almost 2 months later they still can't say when those features will appear.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

truther posted:

32.5 hours.

Longer than I expected, but I still feel ripped off as those 32 hours were spent with the expectation it would lead to something. Plus it was purchased under the promise of crafting being completed in December. I mean, we're not even getting the live-service content they promised for x number of months so I honestly think Fatshark don't deserve to keep people's money. They lied to sell the game and almost 2 months later they still can't say when those features will appear.

Can't say I blame you. The game is very hollow compared to their other games, and I only play if my group of friends is playing so I can level up to 30. I feel like this game will reach its full potential farther down the road so its an OK distraction until they release more content. I love the graphics and atmosphere but content wise its super bland. I was a Vermintide player so that set the bar pretty high.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

months? lol nice

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Pharmaskittle posted:

Took an edible and played last night and, while stabbing hundreds of devil-worshipping space men with a knife, thought about how this is definitely what people were imagining when they called video games "murder simulators" twenty years ago and it absolutely rocks

:agreed: Playing the game while a little stoned and getting dialed the gently caress into the atmosphere and experience owns bones

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mendrian posted:

I mean you're right, and given Fatshark's track record it could be a prelude to another six weeks of no communication. But well, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm not really in the business of trying to be right about my predictions and that's the first thing you do when someone tries to extend an olive branch. If we go another week or two with no updates, or we get a bugfix patch this week and then radio silence until march, they've violated that social contract and I'm not going to accept a mea culpa the second time around. Also I understand that my approval basically means nothing to them, they have my money, but I mean the game is going to live or die by its base right now if they expect to get micros out of people.

they did literally exactly the same thing with vermintide 2's launch. right down to the long stretches of radio silence and "shifting resources away from the console port"

i, too gave them $40 for darktide and i was there for the vermintide poo poo, so i'm not saying i'm not a also a dumbass. what i'm saying is that your faith is laughably misplaced.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Triggs posted:

Can't say I blame you. The game is very hollow compared to their other games, and I only play if my group of friends is playing so I can level up to 30. I feel like this game will reach its full potential farther down the road so its an OK distraction until they release more content. I love the graphics and atmosphere but content wise its super bland. I was a Vermintide player so that set the bar pretty high.

I was a vermintide player so that set the bar pretty low

Vargs posted:

I think I'd get more entertainment out of those buffs appearing in the patch notes but not in-game a second or even third time.

Be careful what you wish for!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

clearly theyre stalling for time because they ran out of premium hats and need someone to manually input more text and image links into the excel spreadsheet that controls the store

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I enjoyed the game, but it was a letdown from Vermintide 2.
Unfortunately one of our 4-group-of-buddies had about two crashes per match, so that burned away our patience pretty quickly.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

truther posted:

32.5 hours.

keep it to reddit thx

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ijyt posted:

keep it to reddit thx

hey im genuinely glad you enjoy the game. i want you to know that other people being frustrated with it doesn't mean you're bad or wrong for liking it, even though it feels that way sometimes and makes you want to lash out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hey im genuinely glad you enjoy the game. i want you to know that other people being frustrated with it doesn't mean you're bad or wrong for liking it, even though it feels that way sometimes and makes you want to lash out.

hey theres other games to play if you don't like darktide as it is in its current state, it's very unhealthy to keep winding yourself up and getting angrier about a video game on a forum! Maybe even vermintide 2 woah.

People ITT unironically need to touch grass.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Talking isn't playing. Last I logged in was Jan 13 and that was to do the survey.

But you can be sure I've shitposted about it. $60NZD is a lot.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

they did literally exactly the same thing with vermintide 2's launch. right down to the long stretches of radio silence and "shifting resources away from the console port"

i, too gave them $40 for darktide and i was there for the vermintide poo poo, so i'm not saying i'm not a also a dumbass. what i'm saying is that your faith is laughably misplaced.

It isn't faith. Cynically, I know the probability says they'll see their shadow and go back into their shell for six weeks.

I'm just saying it's polite to pretend I believe them for now. I'm probably wrong. I don't need to be right, I'll be angry later when it's appropriate.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ijyt posted:

i'm curious as to why you seem to be so personally upset that people don't like the game. i'd tell you to go find some other forum where people are more positive about it but there aren't any. you could start a "nice posts only" discord for it or something?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
calm down

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm curious as to why you seem to be so personally upset that people don't like the game. i'd tell you to go find some other forum where people are more positive about it but there aren't any. you could start a "nice posts only" discord for it or something?

I know goons think they're like, the cool kids of the internet with these "wow gonna get 'em so good with this snide gotcha post" but the reason we're all on this forum is because it's full of other socially inept nerds.

I'm really sorry that you're uncomfortable with people having a good time with the game and being tired of seeing the same complaint regurgitated over and over, hope you heal.

Maybe you can start a support group where you can rile each other up more and more or whatever gets you stimulated idk. Get a little positivity in your life, you'll feel better lol.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The reality is we've reached the point in the discussion where all we can really do is state the case over and over. You can say you like it, you can say you don't like it, you can give a nuanced perspective, but none of that is debatable. You can say it's silly it released in this state, you can say you wish it had more content, you can say it's fine just how it is - all of that can be true.

The fun part of forums like these is to post builds, discuss strategies, and show pictures of your weird character, and all of that is currently not the most important thing happening in the game. The comparison to Cyberpunk is apt because that thread is most fun to read when people are posting pictures of their character but the same time the thread was (rightfully) about how broken the game was for months after release and unfortunately that kind of discussion can and should dominate until the game is in a better place. It's really dull, I know, because I loved Cyberpunk when it came out and it was pretty much impossible to discuss the actual game, anywhere, not just on SA, because of the dialog around it. And in retrospect, it's probably for the best that the discussion was mostly negative even though it's not a kind of discussion I find fun to engage with.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

they might be a fatshark employee

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
hey fatshark employee, stop having labor rights, you had better justify my 40 dollar purchase you lazy gently caress

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
At least in my case, I attribute the issues to management and not to labor rights.
It's obvious that there was a lot of effort and competence involved in the game. It was just directed weirdly. And some features were oversold, when a more iterative approach would have helped.

If you're talking about the posts above yours: Not having to hear people complaining about your company isn't a labor right.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 25, 2023

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mendrian posted:

... unfortunately that kind of discussion can and should dominate until the game is in a better place.

Not really though, because there's no way Fatshark is reading SA lol. They'll be reading their forums, Steam rating, maybe Reddit, and the feedback survey.

All this discussion does is let the people who think they're fighting some big bad to feel better about their (over the top tbh) outrage when they see others agree with it.

There's nothing to engage in because those people are dug in and absolutely know they are right and any opposite opinion is trolling, shitposting, or a fatshark plant (loving :lol:). If this one game they've stopped playing is all they can really focus on, they have either way too much time on their hands or need to expand their horizons because the time would be spent so much better playing anything else.

Use the open letter as a basis to refund the game and get it on sale in a year or something.

And before someone says "it'll keep people stumbling into the thread and buying the game and getting disappointed". Pretty sure the negative rating will do that just fine.

Yes it sucks that you're not happy with your purchase, yes you probably want to vent, but it's been done ad nauseum. However lol at "I only bought the game because I expected a crafting system".

Otherwise,

ijyt posted:

keep it to reddit thx

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I mean but people have defended them ad nauseum but you don't see me complaining.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think part of the reason people have post-30 fun dropoff is they feel like they are "wasting" the experience from the mission and should be grinding out another character that starts with bad weapons on boring low difficulties, plus you lose the sense of "make number go up" from playing because you could just advance at the same rate by checking a shop every hour.

If you can push those thoughts to the side and just focus on the gameplay, the gameplay is really, really good, but it's easy to get tripped up on that.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my guess is the delay on this was them pleading with some investor VP to let them delay the console launch and try to salvage the game, which fortunately the VP allowed. this is somewhat surprising to me and probably a good sign. I am generally hopeful that Fatshark will turn this around the same way they turned around VT2. Sooner better than later though!

Considering that investor VP is Tencent, I’m impressed they pulled it off.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think part of the reason people have post-30 fun dropoff is they feel like they are "wasting" the experience from the mission and should be grinding out another character that starts with bad weapons on boring low difficulties, plus you lose the sense of "make number go up" from playing because you could just advance at the same rate by checking a shop every hour.

If you can push those thoughts to the side and just focus on the gameplay, the gameplay is really, really good, but it's easy to get tripped up on that.

My personal gripe is making a looter shooter game, then disconnecting the shooting aspect from the looting aspect! If you introduce items with RPG style stats, people expect RPG style progression. It's the Diablo 3 auction house debate all over again.

Paradoxically, if there were no items and you just selected your loadout and perks the end game would probably feel more rewarding for me, for I enjoy the mastery aspect a lot in these kinds of games.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

truther posted:

32.5 hours.

Never buy a game on promises. Has the last 20 years of game development not taught people anything?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Mega Comrade posted:

Never buy a game on promises. Has the last 20 years of game development not taught people anything?
Sure. It's taught developers that gamers never learn :v:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For me, it's very much the idea that there's more coming. I don't want to burn out on the game before the new content / crafting / whatever comes out, so I'm holding off. I'm kinda lucky in that my friends haven't got to 30 yet, so when the new stuff comes out they'll likely be up for playing more, and this game is way more fun with friends

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

toasterwarrior posted:

hey fatshark employee, stop having labor rights, you had better justify my 40 dollar purchase you lazy gently caress

Try again next page, maybe this time you'll be able to bait!

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

ijyt posted:

I know goons think they're like, the cool kids of the internet with these "wow gonna get 'em so good with this snide gotcha post" but the reason we're all on this forum is because it's full of other socially inept nerds.

I'm really sorry that you're uncomfortable with people having a good time with the game and being tired of seeing the same complaint regurgitated over and over, hope you heal.

Maybe you can start a support group where you can rile each other up more and more or whatever gets you stimulated idk. Get a little positivity in your life, you'll feel better lol.

The amount of effort you are putting into your responses show you’re getting stressed out from all of this. You should probably take some time off.

Anyways, gave up on my veteran for the time being and much prefer the zealot. Still trying to decide which melee I like the best before going to heresy/damnation, right now it’s a devils claw. It usually depends on what I can find in the shops to upgrade

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I see the entire thread has devolved into a who is the most mad competition now.

I mean the game is a GW IP so I'm not surprised tbh.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I expected the game to be Vermintide:Spess M'rine edition from the devs history and advertising leading up to the launch. Didn't have a system capable of playing it until very recently, and while I've had fun running around as an angry preacher bashing faces in, I can see it quickly becoming stale once I hit levelcap. There's seemingly only 4 or 5 tilesets and mission types? Granted I haven't tried any 4s yet but they certainly look like the same missions but harder.

With any luck they'll keep it alive long enough to release a few QOL patches and features and enable all the apparently half-finished mechanics and content. A good indicator will be the quality of whatever the first DLC is. If it's a nice meaty content pack with plenty of new missions and a new enemy faction and new classes and poo poo, that's a good sign.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Vargs posted:

My personal favourite part is the pre-patch notes touting 3 new modifiers, which immediately became 2 new modifiers (because hi-intensity was already in the game), which upon the actual patch notes became 1 new modifier (assault seemingly having disappeared in the time between), which then in practice became -1 new modifier (dogs replacing fog and lights out for a whole month).

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Insert name here posted:

My personal favourite part is the pre-patch notes touting 3 new modifiers, which immediately became 2 new modifiers (because hi-intensity was already in the game), which upon the actual patch notes became 1 new modifier (assault seemingly having disappeared in the time between), which then in practice became -1 new modifier (dogs replacing fog and lights out for a whole month).

Wow you're so angry. Maybe start a support group and stop hating labor rights

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Insert name here posted:

That was a pretty hilarious bit of fatshark being fatshark I will admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ijyt posted:

hey theres other games to play if you don't like darktide as it is in its current state, it's very unhealthy to keep winding yourself up and getting angrier about a video game on a forum! Maybe even vermintide 2 woah.

This is the Darktide thread where we talk about....Darktide, which includes the present and past state of the game, which is bad. Just like you encourage other posters to just not play the game and I guess stop posting about how it's bad, I'd encourage you to ignore them if it hurts your feelings/you don't like it/whatever your deal is.