Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer
Patch 1.0.22 just went live: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/patch-notes-1-0-22/73946

edit: Crucian roulette fixed: "Fixed issue where weapon blessing ‘Crucian Roulette’ critical strike chance would be applied to melee attacks."

Also unfortunately Ogryn shovel special tactics have been nerfed: "Fixed a bug where downwards vertical attacks could cause enemies to turn around and stagger in the wrong direction."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Improved the targeting of tagging and ‘Brain Burst’ through fences, gaps in railings etc.

Yay, finally!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fixed issue with bleed blessings applying bleed on zero damage attacks.

🤔 lacerate nerf on bulwarks?

Fixed issue where ‘Kinetic Deflection’ did not pause passive quelling, resulting in being able to tank some enemies indefinitely.

🤔

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 25, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

good list of bugfixes, a good start. not enough to get me back in yet, but hopefully this represents ~2 weeks of work and we see similar big, consistent updates.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Aryoc posted:

edit: Crucian roulette fixed: "Fixed issue where weapon blessing ‘Crucian Roulette’ critical strike chance would be applied to melee attacks."

Noooooooo

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Wish they just nerfed Crucian a bit rather than fixing it. Making your ranged weapon pretty useless in exchange for being better in melee was a nice Slayer/Grail Knight sort of trade-off, and made slower Zealot weapons much more competitive with faster ones by allowing them to keep the toughness reduction buff going.

quote:

Fixed issue where ‘Kinetic Deflection’ did not pause passive quelling, resulting in being able to tank some enemies indefinitely.

Genuinely gonna stop playing Psyker over this.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 25, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

If I had to list out my problem with people making GBS threads on the game is that the core of the game is fantastic.

Darktide is not a bad game at all! it's a good game that also happens to be not totally finished and has a lot of rough edges that the devs need work on fixing before it becomes truly great. This includes the horrible chain crashing that some folks have posted about preventing them from even playing, the half finished crafting system, the lack of variety in levels and character classes, the numerous bugs that cause feats and class abilities to function improperly, unbalanced weapons, etc. There are problems with the game, and they need fixing.

There's also a ton of great things about the game! Playing Darktide is just viscerally fun on so many levels and even if not every weapon is equal in terms of effectiveness, a majority are satisfying to use in some way. The details of the gameplay really sell that you're just in the thick of the onset of a Chaos invasion desperately chopping hordes down, returning fire on a traitor legion with your own lasguns, purging heretics with bolters, flamers, oversized grenade launchers or force weapons etc. Darktide is just fun to play in a way a lot of recent co-op shooters have tried and failed at, and it isn't even totally finished!

I like to try and be optimistic about games I enjoy, and Darktide is no exception. It's my first Fatshark game and even with expectations being tempered from what others have said about them, I'm still willing to sit and wait a bit to see how things shape out. Maybe if we're still here in another 2-3 months time with no/barely any progress, I'll probably feel differently.

Till then, try to be cool to each other yeah?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ijyt posted:

hey theres other games to play if you don't like darktide as it is in its current state, it's very unhealthy to keep winding yourself up and getting angrier about a video game on a forum! Maybe even vermintide 2 woah.

People ITT unironically need to touch grass.

Lol every time goons try to do this Positive Posts Only policing

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm curious as to why you seem to be so personally upset that people don't like the game. i'd tell you to go find some other forum where people are more positive about it but there aren't any. you could start a "nice posts only" discord for it or something?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Jerkface posted:

Fixed issue with bleed blessings applying bleed on zero damage attacks.

🤔 lacerate nerf on bulwarks?

I just tested it in the Meatgrinder. It's gone. The shield blocks the bleed completely.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Aryoc posted:

Patch 1.0.22 just went live: https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/patch-notes-1-0-22/73946

Also unfortunately Ogryn shovel special tactics have been nerfed: "Fixed a bug where downwards vertical attacks could cause enemies to turn around and stagger in the wrong direction."

drat these notes are kinda awesome? Unsurprisingly a bunch of stuff folks were making use of got fixed but a whole slew of things that just sucked also got touched up, hell yeah.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I knew a Crucian Roulette nerf was coming but I was hoping they would buff some other crit stuff for Zealots to compensate.

Ah well.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I agree with you completely that the core of the game is a lot of fun and that people should be nicer to each other. But I almost never see people talking poo poo about the gameplay (aside from bugs), it's about all the other stuff which is unfortunately a big part of the game. I think it's just a very fast and simple thing to say the gameplay is fun and good, so there isn't a lot of meat to post about in that area. The multitude of deficiencies, however, is a meatier topic, and naturally gets more wordcount as people have been defining the deficiencies and ironing out what they'd like to see as alternatives. Then there are people really pushing the schadenfreude aspect which can be entertaining but often they are really reaching. The people trying to equate the criticism with being anti-labor, or being frothing-at-the-mouth furious, are equally reaching.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ijyt posted:

hey theres other games to play if you don't like darktide as it is in its current state, it's very unhealthy to keep winding yourself up and getting angrier about a video game on a forum! Maybe even vermintide 2 woah.

People ITT unironically need to touch grass.

gonna cry about it?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I agree with you completely that the core of the game is a lot of fun and that people should be nicer to each other. But I almost never see people talking poo poo about the gameplay (aside from bugs), it's about all the other stuff which is unfortunately a big part of the game. I think it's just a very fast and simple thing to say the gameplay is fun and good, so there isn't a lot of meat to post about in that area. The multitude of deficiencies, however, is a meatier topic, and naturally gets more wordcount as people have been defining the deficiencies and ironing out what they'd like to see as alternatives. Then there are people really pushing the schadenfreude aspect which can be entertaining but often they are really reaching. The people trying to equate the criticism with being anti-labor, or being frothing-at-the-mouth furious, are equally reaching.

I know we don't necessarily see eye to eye on some things but I def agree with you on this. I also appreciate you reading it and responding, so thank you for that.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I will keep the thread in balance and talk trash about the gameplay

nerf the power sword, 90% of veterans are using it and I assume the last 10% just couldn't roll it in their shop

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

goon selective reading comprehension at work I see

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Captainicus posted:

nerf the power sword, 90% of veterans are using it and I assume the last 10% just couldn't roll it in their shop

Atrox supremacy! I know it's not as strong, but it's still good and I like being a snowflake.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Captainicus posted:

nerf force sword, 90% of psykers use it and I know the last 10% just couldn't roll deflector in the shop (because it was me until I did)

Zealot and Ogryn are probably the 2 classes with the most in play melee diversity. I think its fine that the 2 non-melee classes have clear best in slot weapons. They should buff the shovel if they want to give vets more options.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I will say that compared to VT2, darktide has less critical issues in the gameplay department, nothing on the scale of phantom hits plaguing the gameplay and completely ending runs randomly because you took unfair damage from a elite patrol.

Question is how much of that new patch is actually implemented into the game? only time will tell.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

hey fatshark employee, stop having labor rights, you had better justify my 40 dollar purchase you lazy gently caress

A friend and I had a good chuckle about this very concept while we were doing a couple of chill Malice missions last night.

It's important to note that his game crashed to desktop between the first and second game while mine lost connection entirely, twice requiring reconnects during the first. But like, neither resulted in us getting upset or pissed off enough to stop playing because the games actually very fun.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jerkface posted:

nerf force sword, 90% of psykers use it and I know the last 10% just couldn't roll deflector in the shop (because it was me until I did)

Zealot and Ogryn are probably the 2 classes with the most in play melee diversity. I think its fine that the 2 non-melee classes have clear best in slot weapons. They should buff the shovel if they want to give vets more options.

Before I stopped playing I finally found the deflector blessing on an otherwise gimped force sword so hopefully the whole banking blessings things pays off.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerkface posted:

I actually think Force Sword is the single target choice with the bonus of Deflector as a blessing and much prefer Dueling Swords for horde management and mobility. Just feels way easier to kite and avoid melee attackers with a dueling sword.

I'm down for the more melee diversity for Vet and Psyker though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Captainicus posted:

I use the shovel like a true hero of the people

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Jerkface posted:

I'm really interested to see how the attack speed and feat fixes make the Ogryn feel. He was my first character to 30, but I haven't played him in awhile because I just didn't enjoy any of his melee options other than the bull butcher, with the occasional power maul run mixed in. Same could be said for his ranged options, I like the Rumbler and Stubber, and that's about it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

A friend and I had a good chuckle about this very concept while we were doing a couple of chill Malice missions last night.

It's important to note that his game crashed to desktop between the first and second game while mine lost connection entirely, twice requiring reconnects during the first. But like, neither resulted in us getting upset or pissed off enough to stop playing because the games actually very fun.

all my friends who picked up the game besides me dropped the game within the first week because between the performance issues, the crashing, and despite both of them managing to see all of the content in the game they gave up.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 25, 2023

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

friends who i hadn’t gotten a chance to play games with for years picked this up because they’re big warhammer nuts. one guy who we hadn’t played games with since left 4 dead grabbed it because it seemed like a perfect fit. i don’t begrudge fatshark getting their holiday time or taking as long as they need to fix it, i begrudge the product that got shoved out the door way too early

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I will say that compared to VT2, darktide has less critical issues in the gameplay department, nothing on the scale of phantom hits plaguing the gameplay and completely ending runs randomly because you took unfair damage from a elite patrol.

Question is how much of that new patch is actually implemented into the game? only time will tell.

Phantom hits happen all the time in darktide, they’re now just a netcode issue where you can get a hit with sound and particle effects on your screen that gets ignored by the server so it does no damage or stagger. the only reason this isn’t as bad as vermintide phantom swings is that now there’s a toughness bar to absorb some of the jank, and the particular phantom swing issue we have now is per-enemy instead of per-swing so it’s usually not quite as catastrophic as when your 2h sword charge swing phased through a bunch of football players you were counting on it to stagger so they would all hit you for health damage.

https://i.imgur.com/JztDou8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/DfWF1zI.mp4

e: you’re completely right that the gameplay has fewer serious issues than vermintide 2 though, absolutely loved having a run wipe because a patrol appeared out of thin air in front of us while all specials were bugged to spawn in pairs so you’d get double gutter runners or packmasters at once. Or having to quit because a boss spawned, became stuck in the ground and invincible so we couldn’t kill it, but its existence placed an arbitrary magic wall in front progression so we couldn’t move past it. Nothing near that serious has happened to me in darktide.

God VT2 was an infuriating, broken game.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 25, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

In this 2nd clip, is it possible the rager's insane stagger resistance saved it? I wasn't able to get a good hammer before putting the game down so I'm clueless about what should've happened

Either way you're still right, I was getting phantom hits often enough to notice, and I think you're right about why they generally feel less punishing. Still feels bad though.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I knew the Crucian Roulette nerf was coming, but it is a bummer that it takes out one of the few unique play styles the game has right now. And I really loved using to Atrox axe, but honestly it's just way too much clicking. I'm not sure why I had no problems with Kerillian's sword/dagger combo. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

In this 2nd clip, is it possible the rager's insane stagger resistance saved it? I wasn't able to get a good hammer before putting the game down so I'm clueless about what should've happened

Either way you're still right, I was getting phantom hits often enough to notice, and I think you're right about why they generally feel less punishing. Still feels bad though.

On this difficulty that attack will instakill a rager, so it was just dropped by the server. It’s probably the single most damaging melee attack in the game so it’s really noticeable when it gets dropped (especially because you still get the recoil on your end when it happens, I guess that’s handled client side).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

I knew the Crucian Roulette nerf was coming, but it is a bummer that it takes out one of the few unique play styles the game has right now. And I really loved using to Atrox axe, but honestly it's just way too much clicking. I'm not sure why I had no problems with Kerillian's sword/dagger combo. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Only just got CR the other day too which is a little annoying, though the revolver packs such a punch that I can't really let it go. Plus hip firing during sprint is too fun.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I’m going to play berminstide 2 tonight as a dual daggers assassin. And I’m going to have fun, with the delightful witticisms of the persistent characters to amuse me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ijyt posted:

I know goons think they're like, the cool kids of the internet with these "wow gonna get 'em so good with this snide gotcha post" but the reason we're all on this forum is because it's full of other socially inept nerds.

I'm really sorry that you're uncomfortable with people having a good time with the game and being tired of seeing the same complaint regurgitated over and over, hope you heal.

Maybe you can start a support group where you can rile each other up more and more or whatever gets you stimulated idk. Get a little positivity in your life, you'll feel better lol.

Dude I think the people mad as gently caress over this game are a little silly (because lol fatshark) but you're way madder than the people you're posting about. Chill.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ijyt posted:

goon selective reading comprehension at work I see

are you okay

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

yeah it honestly is much smoother at the core, where at times V2 been unplayable/highly frustrating on higher tiers. However a lot of this is also due to the reconnect mechanic they did, instead of making a game that may just not crash as often and a lot is that ranged combat and the overall heightend speed makes it less fragile when it comes to issues like enemy clipping errors. They are less too, but when they are there they're not as game ending as they often been in V2. Reconnect also can save from situations like falling through geometry or getting stuck in spawn rooms. It's good it's there, but it's not so good how much the game relies on it to be a fix.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Phantom hits happen all the time in darktide, they’re now just a netcode issue where you can get a hit with sound and particle effects on your screen that gets ignored by the server so it does no damage or stagger. the only reason this isn’t as bad as vermintide phantom swings is that now there’s a toughness bar to absorb some of the jank, and the particular phantom swing issue we have now is per-enemy instead of per-swing so it’s usually not quite as catastrophic as when your 2h sword charge swing phased through a bunch of football players you were counting on it to stagger so they would all hit you for health damage.
It's really obvious with ranged weapons like the lasgun when you shoot, and there's no graphical effect but you still get the recoil and hit marker + hit sound, lose ammo and the enemy is completely unaffected.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Insert name here posted:

It's really obvious with ranged weapons like the lasgun when you shoot, and there's no graphical effect but you still get the recoil and hit marker + hit sound, lose ammo and the enemy is completely unaffected.

its cringe when this happens with bolter or revolver

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Lol every time goons try to do this Positive Posts Only policing

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumAnthem/

Or it could be that people are having the same whiny meltdown, over and over and over again. I think most of us enjoying the game are just a little puzzled at the level of vitriol spewed. Like people literally ITT getting mad because game devs went on Christmas break or whatever.

Touch grass indeed.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stanley Pain posted:

Like people literally ITT getting mad because game devs went on Christmas break or whatever.

quote the posts where this happened or shut the gently caress up, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Stanley Pain posted:

Or it could be that people are having the same whiny meltdown, over and over and over again. I think most of us enjoying the game are just a little puzzled at the level of vitriol spewed. Like people literally ITT getting mad because game devs went on Christmas break or whatever.

Touch grass indeed.

People aren't annoyed that they went on Christmas break.

They're annoyed that the game is obviously feature incomplete and, worse, is missing a number of key features that were in Vermin Tide 2, the obvious comparison, and which were there from launch. This isn't even an issue of VT2 getting iterated on for years, it's an issue with everything outside of the minute-to-minute gameplay in DT being a massive step back from something that was released almost five years ago.

It's a game that was highly anticipated and, for a great many people, was very disappointing. I suspect a fair number of those people are keeping up with the thread because they hope that it gets improved. I'm one of them at least. I haven't played in a month and a half now, it sucks that I don't want to play what should have been the big, shiny game my regular group was going to go hard on, and at this point I just hope that it's fun to play in six months or a year.

Which, again, is disappointing because this wasn't billed as an early release title. "Buy it now and it will be OK now and really fun in a year but we need the money to continue development" is a thing I've done before (hello Project Zomboid) but you really need to set that as the expectation.