Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am a little saddened that yet again psykers got a big nerf listed under a bug fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I am a little saddened that yet again psykers got a big nerf listed under a bug fix.

What got nerfed? I didn't catch it :smith:.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

What got nerfed? I didn't catch it :smith:.

Fixed issue where 'Kinetic Deflection' did not pause passive quelling, resulting in being able to tank some enemies indefinitely.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Fixed a bug that was causing Brain Burst do deal damage to the target instead of the user.

Fixed an issue where Psykers could equip and use force staves. Staves can now be equipped by Veterans only, as intended.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Just release full modding tools. They can go back to working on new content and MTX and players can fix all of the bugs and performance issues and keep the game alive for decade(s). It's a win win. (They won't do this because players will also release higher quality MTX/reskins for "free" - maybe steal elements of Warframe's contributor program for this?)

Unrelated: do I really not have the option to deliberately start a level and only play with bots? I have to have it open for other people to join? That's annoying.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
They said they changed the peril cost of trauma and void staves so maybe trauma staves are worth using now? I don't think I have one handy and I'm not going to camp the shop but maybe I'll find one at some point

sushibandit posted:

Unrelated: do I really not have the option to deliberately start a level and only play with bots? I have to have it open for other people to join? That's annoying.

Yeah it was something they talked about adding before disappearing for a month so I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I'm sure they'll add it someday though

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Could you not just link the github? I could also just get it from the guys original post or something too, but honestly its not that big a deal, I don't need it right right now I'm just jonesing for checking the shop!!!

i was phonepostin' didn't have the link.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man, I've got the same issue with the difficulties in this game as VT2, the jump from Malice to Heresy seems way higher than the jump from Heresy to Damnation, and neither seem great if you don't have a full team on comms. Even just one wandering pug puts you in perils.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

sushibandit posted:

maybe steal elements of Warframe's contributor program for this?

This would be great and needs to be in more games, especially considering how many creatives are into 40K.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Arghy posted:

As someone with 150+ hours in DT i demand my money back, but because i put more time in it i demand even more money back then what i spent.

I should be allowed to write an additional negative review for every 100 hours I put into this game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

sushibandit posted:

I'm pretty sure private lobbies are in if you don't want to play with other people. Should be an option in the bottom right-ish of the map menu, will have to check again when I see it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

This would be great and needs to be in more games, especially considering how many creatives are into 40K.

I can think of a few reasons why this might not work as expected, starting with "Games" and ending with "Workshop"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Evil Kit posted:

I'm pretty sure private lobbies are in if you don't want to play with other people. Should be an option in the bottom right-ish of the map menu, will have to check again when I see it.

they put in friends only lobbies but the game will still matchmake away bots if you're playing by yourself. as pesterchum said they mentioned that they were going to implement solo mode, but it's one of the things they have yet to deliver on

edit: from the horse's mouth here https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3634998253133702266

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 25, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cowcaster posted:

they put in friends only lobbies but the game will still matchmake away bots if you're playing by yourself. as pesterchum said they mentioned that they were going to implement solo mode, but it's one of the things they have yet to deliver on

edit: from the horse's mouth here https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3634998253133702266

Ah okay, didn't realize it had a cavet, just saw it when playing with goons. Almost there.

Angry_Ed posted:

I can think of a few reasons why this might not work as expected, starting with "Games" and ending with "Workshop"

Also this lol.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

I love a good progression system too but a bad progression system is worse than no progression at all! I think VT2 ended up in a sweet spot where you would spend ~40-50 hours leveling, then you could craft gear that was 95% optimal pretty easily and after that you're just playing for fun while chasing cosmetics and that remaining 5%. In DT it just feels bad to try to progress, I'd rather all the guns were unlocked and weapon stats were on a point-buy system or something so you get the variety without the randomness.

Yeah exactly. A good progression system should:

a.) Serve as a loose tutorial for more advanced play.
b.) Offer meaningful choices
c.) Enable diverse and distinct modes of play.

If it's only a) poo poo gets old real fast, but if the core game is good enough it's kinda fine.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

big cummers ONLY posted:

I love a good progression system too but a bad progression system is worse than no progression at all! I think VT2 ended up in a sweet spot where you would spend ~40-50 hours leveling, then you could craft gear that was 95% optimal pretty easily and after that you're just playing for fun while chasing cosmetics and that remaining 5%. In DT it just feels bad to try to progress, I'd rather all the guns were unlocked and weapon stats were on a point-buy system or something so you get the variety without the randomness.

I missed your post the first time.

I really wish shooters didn't have progression systems at all tbh. I just wanna do the fun stuff. Like if this was more of a looter shooter, with looter shooter drop rates...

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
??????

looter shooters have progression systems, it's the loot.

e: generally, they also have explicit progression systems as well, i can't think of one that doesn't

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

They're saying if a game has loot, they would prefer it to have drop rates like looter shooters. Where you're constantly getting to pull the lever on the slot machine. This game has looter shooter itemization with a 1hr real-time cooldown store and a 25%ish chance at one item after a 15-to-30-minute session. Which sucks and highlights the question, why have loot like this at all? Why not loadouts and customization you control, instead of rolling the dice for eternity l, hoping to enable a playstyle you want?

At least I think that's what they mean, I'm not sober.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tangential to the conversation but I think I'd like an auto cannon as a future Ogryn weapon. Similar in size and handling as the double stubber but lower RoF, high damage per shot, high pierce and relatively high accuracy if tap fired. Gives your Ogryn an option if they're worried about snipers/gunners/shooter squads and still has moderate horde clear because one round will punch through half a dozen walkers. Also opportunity for hueg bang sound effects.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it would be nice to have melta weapons. possibly a multi-melta for the shooty ogryns.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kith posted:

it would be nice to have melta weapons. possibly a multi-melta for the shooty ogryns.

I was thinking about that class of weapons and how it might look. I was a huge fan of the Space Marine game, where they functioned like a directional vaporization weapon with limited ammo and a cooldown. I guess in a lot of ways the plasma gun takes on that role. What's the difference in other versions of the 40k universe?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Tangential to the conversation but I think I'd like an auto cannon as a future Ogryn weapon. Similar in size and handling as the double stubber but lower RoF, high damage per shot, high pierce and relatively high accuracy if tap fired. Gives your Ogryn an option if they're worried about snipers/gunners/shooter squads and still has moderate horde clear because one round will punch through half a dozen walkers. Also opportunity for hueg bang sound effects.

Give us a Ripper with a big slug attachment.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Hello all,

This thread is generating a lot of reports. Please stop being raging dickheads to each other.

Thank you

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Imagine being a loser reporting people in this thread lol

"I can't believe they don't like the game! I must defend the bad managerial habits to the bitter end!"

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
calm down

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Just did a heresy run on...whatever the desert map with the warehouses is, and when we got to the small room with the medicae station towards the beginning, the one immediately followed by a walkway and drop outside, 4 poxbursters spawned from the door over the course of 10 seconds. I somehow survived even though my team all died, and when I left the room a plague ogryn immediately spawned :stare:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
That room's a real killer if the horde comes down on you hard before you can push out from the elevator.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Insert name here posted:

My personal favourite part is the pre-patch notes touting 3 new modifiers, which immediately became 2 new modifiers (because hi-intensity was already in the game), which upon the actual patch notes became 1 new modifier (assault seemingly having disappeared in the time between), which then in practice became -1 new modifier (dogs replacing fog and lights out for a whole month).

i think that was the moment i started getting seriously bad vibes from fatshark

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

edit: moving this to a link because I'm not sure, in the match I played since the patch I was getting this really unpleasant flashing around the edges of the screen when quelling peril that I don't remember being there before, is this the seizure VFX that they previously removed?

Original post: It's good to have a surge staff equipped in case the extremely damaging suicide enemy decides it gets to run through walls seconds after spawning

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 26, 2023

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

litany of gulps posted:

I was thinking about that class of weapons and how it might look. I was a huge fan of the Space Marine game, where they functioned like a directional vaporization weapon with limited ammo and a cooldown. I guess in a lot of ways the plasma gun takes on that role. What's the difference in other versions of the 40k universe?

Meltas are short range and for taking out vehicles, so doesn't really have a role the plasma gun can't already do in DT. Plus it'd introduce "why isn't my melta leaving holes in the level"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Just did a heresy run on...whatever the desert map with the warehouses is, and when we got to the small room with the medicae station towards the beginning, the one immediately followed by a walkway and drop outside, 4 poxbursters spawned from the door over the course of 10 seconds. I somehow survived even though my team all died, and when I left the room a plague ogryn immediately spawned :stare:

That walkway section in reverse on the sand map (so you go down, instead of up) is a literal deathtrap. Clear a ssmuch as you can before the drop and then just haul rear end because it has a very high chance of turning your run to poo poo if you hang around.

I'm convinced the spawn locations/logic are completely hosed on that area because I have seen many good groups just compelely go to pieces there because of the location of spawn lockers, the proximity of railings/cliffs those closeby-spawning mutants, dogs, and bursters can chuck you off of, enemies that can shoot through floor grating and railings you can't, etc.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Anything "Try Again" Bragg ever carried should be in the game at some point.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

melta gun was already datamined as being in the game so we will probably get it at some point.

Its a directed energy weapon on the table top its short range high damage incredibly high armor pierce with some special rules against armor when close up.

The plasma gun has twice the range, almost as much pierce, slightly less damage and overheat possibility.

I could see them doing it a few ways. One where you aim at something and everything between you and the max range of the melta gets vaporized after a charge up period. They could make it an invisible flamer with a narrow cone that does crazy damage with value against armor going up if under a certain range.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
meltagun in space marine (the video game) was basically the game's equivalent of the shotgun since lore shotguns wont do poo poo to power armor. i can see it being rough equivalent of the super shotgun/double barrel of this game, especially since shotguns dont scale well into high diffs

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

edit: moving this to a link because I'm not sure, in the match I played since the patch I was getting this really unpleasant flashing around the edges of the screen when quelling peril that I don't remember being there before, is this the seizure VFX that they previously removed?

Original post: It's good to have a surge staff equipped in case the extremely damaging suicide enemy decides it gets to run through walls seconds after spawning

Oh, this is probably related to the suppression changes in the patch. Being suppressed at all has become way more noticeable and causes the corners of your screen to darken. That's a weird way for it to interact with perils, I'm sure people are complaining about it and they'll hopefully get it fixed.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Fishstick posted:

That walkway section in reverse on the sand map (so you go down, instead of up)

most of my runs that ended, ended right there. keep dodging crushers while gunners gently caress you up from behind the chain link fence until you drop into a stairwell and see a clique of scabs noiselessly materialize around you (your friends are being eaten by dogs)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Op was referring to the one right after the elevator at the beginning of one of the missions on sandworld I am pretty sure.

that shantytown you two are talking about is god awful though for all the reasons given.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerkface posted:

Op was referring to the one right after the elevator at the beginning of one of the missions on sandworld I am pretty sure.

that shantytown you two are talking about is god awful though for all the reasons given.

Yeah I know the exact part they're referring to and I've even seen pox bursters just silently emerge out of that door and explode. Four at once is a bit much though lol.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Jerkface posted:

Yeah it's the small room at the beginning that inexplicably has both a spawn locker (which I gather is supposed to be mostly inactive while you're nearby) and a medicae station. Literally nothing to be done if even a single poxburster comes out, let alone 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Yeah it's the small room at the beginning that inexplicably has both a spawn locker (which I gather is supposed to be mostly inactive while you're nearby) and a medicae station. Literally nothing to be done if even a single poxburster comes out, let alone 4

Sandworld has a couple of those types of places. The medicae room right before the turbine power down circular arena has a spawn locker which can also spawn silent poxbursters. If you're getting medicae in there and you hear one of your characters shout "POX BURSTER!!!" or whatever you HAVE to drop down to the next arena or back all the way up to the airlock door you came in from because you won't get any of the alert beeps until its out of the door jumping on you.

Had a damnation run tanked by one blowing up 2 of our health bars right after we used the medicae.