Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t think they are taking Lucci and Kaku with them, I am pretty sure they are just going to leave them bound where they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

We still haven't seen a fruit go into a object yet, I want Kaku's fruit for the Thousand Sunny so it can stretch out it's Lion head while Luffy sits on it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

socialsecurity posted:

We still haven't seen a fruit go into a object yet, I want Kaku's fruit for the Thousand Sunny so it can stretch out it's Lion head while Luffy sits on it.

I will not stand for this slander of Funkfreed and Alpacaccino.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

what are the chances the elder star’s ancestors are from Saturn? Also lol I just realized how relevant elder stars is as a name

Our boy enel is coming back, and our boy Luffy is going to the moon!! Prepare the mechs!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gyges posted:

I will not stand for this slander of Funkfreed and Alpacaccino.

What the gently caress is up with this Lassoo exclusion?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

what are the chances the elder star’s ancestors are from Saturn?

There’s four (non Earth) planet names left unused in the series, and four currently unnamed elders.

Edit: also I don’t think Saturn is his family name

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
clearly, this means that saturn is a relative of king neptune

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5613/one-piece-chapter-1073?date=26-1-2023-6

*whispers* that’s chappie

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

More than any week before this, the quality of the translation between the speedscans and TCB is massive.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

lih posted:

clearly, this means that saturn is a relative of king neptune

The Five Elders are all going to have planetary names. Uranus is going to turn out to be a secret sixth member or something.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Thanks for protecting the village, Weevil :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chapter good!

Please just let Marco get to sit down and relax for like.... 5 minutes!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
good chap. love this arc bayby

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I love the cover page this week. The faces of the two soldiers in the tanks in the background are great

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

"Self-proclaimed scientist" "MADS resident freeloader", lol

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Good chap!!

I love how the stakes of the battle are just "who has more authority over the seraphim", since neither side thinks they can actually beat them. And now we're going into a situation where one of the Five Elder Stars is on the way, and Vegapunk is missing!

For the Weevil stuff, is that evil marine guy the same one that threatened Nami's home village way back in Arlong Park? And was being paid off by Arlong?

Captain Nezumi! He's got the whiskers and the hood with little ears and everything.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao the note tht the elder's probably named after jerry garcia

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Begemot posted:

Good chap!!

For the Weevil stuff, is that evil marine guy the same one that threatened Nami's home village way back in Arlong Park? And was being paid off by Arlong?

Captain Nezumi! He's got the whiskers and the hood with little ears and everything.

lmao if Captain Nezumi comes back but Gin doesn't, the forgotten son of the East Blue

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Begemot posted:

Good chap!!

I love how the stakes of the battle are just "who has more authority over the seraphim", since neither side thinks they can actually beat them. And now we're going into a situation where one of the Five Elder Stars is on the way, and Vegapunk is missing!

lol he does have weird pointy teeth now, maybe he grabbed one of the pairs that arlong was ripping out and had it surgically implanted in his face

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fungah! posted:

Get ready for Gandhi to be named SAINT PHIL LESH PLUTO

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fungah! posted:

the celestial dragons have mostly spanish inspired names so if its musicians im guessing we're getting Santana Saturn

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Begemot posted:

Good chap!!

they say his name in the chapter, it's

they look the same and have the same dirtbag extortion routine, maybe they're cousins

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

anime was right posted:

the celestial dragons have mostly spanish inspired names so if its musicians im guessing we're getting Santana Saturn

Hopefully they kill Alvida and take their Devil Fruit ability

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the bitcoin of weed posted:

they say his name in the chapter, it's

they look the same and have the same dirtbag extortion routine, maybe they're cousins

oda has been revealing a ton of marines specifically based on the zodiac. gonna be great when we hit eleven of the zodiac reveals then find out dragon was a marine.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ahh the year of the spider

Ronnz
Mar 6, 2010

anime was right posted:

Watch Oda call two of them Bruno Mars and Freddy Mercury.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

anime was right posted:

oda has been revealing a ton of marines specifically based on the zodiac. gonna be great when we hit eleven of the zodiac reveals then find out dragon was a marine.

i dont think dragon being a marine at some point of time would be much of a surprise

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be, because the marines didn't know anything about dragon until garp accidentally revealed it. he would have had to join under a false name. dragon became radicalized by how much his home island sucks poo poo.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it would be, because the marines didn't know anything about dragon until garp accidentally revealed it. he would have had to join under a false name. dragon became radicalized by how much his home island sucks poo poo.

Idk, I can believe that Dragon is an alias that the Navy scrubbed any history of the soldier that was Garp’s son from their records because it’s their MO to do that. Plus, Smoker and Garp know each other, and Dragon being ex navy would be the simplest explanation for that.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Time to see if Vegapunk was smart enough to program a backdoor in the command hierarchy.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it would be, because the marines didn't know anything about dragon until garp accidentally revealed it.

Reminder that the reveal of the bounties of Roger and Whitebeard were, in media, to a bunch of marines who had no idea. If someone as recently active as Whitebeard could still be a mystery to a bunch of recruits, it's not much of a stretch for "Dragon was once a marine" to be information the government covered up, I think.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The world of One Piece is a big rear end place and unlike normal pirates I would guess they don't post up the bounties of Emperors willy nilly.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
One Piece Manga Thread: Stussy and Eustass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got the tude now posted:

good chap. love this arc bayby

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Begemot posted:

Good chap!!

see an sbs 4 months from now confirming they are brothers or something

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I'm just glad that the most important member of CP0, Hatori, is fine

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if the "traitor" who shut down the security system and now perhaps has kidnapped the main Vegapunk, is none other than Enel? Think, an electricity man would have the capabilities to infiltrate and control all the electronic systems. It has to be Enel.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

davidHalestorm posted:

I'm just glad that the most important member of CP0, Hatori, is fine

I'm intrigued that Hattori hasn't done anything yet. After how Doc Q got his horse a Pegasus Zoan, you'd expect Hattori to have some kind of Paramecia to give Lucci one last edge.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but what if Vegapunk and Bonney both got sucked into Kuma's memory similar to entering a Hysteria in Odyssey? Next chapter we will probably get a pseudo-flashback as they literally relive Kuma's lost memory and so will be missing until that segment finishes.

Also, this is just wild speculation, but what if when Vegapunk said that the knowledge would hurt Bonney, what if the memory is some forbidden knowledge that would make her and Kuma targets of the World Government? Either that or it's something really strange or embarrassing like Kuma got a sex change from Ivankov so he's both Bonney's mom and dad at the same time.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Good ch.!