Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just want the Stussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

One Piece Manga Thread: Sussy Stussy Baka

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

What if the "traitor" who shut down the security system and now perhaps has kidnapped the main Vegapunk, is none other than Enel? Think, an electricity man would have the capabilities to infiltrate and control all the electronic systems. It has to be Enel.

Gonna be dope when Enel becomes an ally.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

AtomikKrab posted:

The world of One Piece is a big rear end place and unlike normal pirates I would guess they don't post up the bounties of Emperors willy nilly.

Apparently wanted posters are printed and distributed one time and that's it. You miss out when the big announcement happens, you better hope you know someone who still has a copy otherwise you're sol.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lpzie posted:

Good ch.!

Oda continues his incredible 1073x streak

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Scholtz posted:

chapter 67 isn't great

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chapter 69 is pretty nice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but what if Vegapunk and Bonney both got sucked into Kuma's memory similar to entering a Hysteria in Odyssey? Next chapter we will probably get a pseudo-flashback as they literally relive Kuma's lost memory and so will be missing until that segment finishes.

Also, this is just wild speculation, but what if when Vegapunk said that the knowledge would hurt Bonney, what if the memory is some forbidden knowledge that would make her and Kuma targets of the World Government? Either that or it's something really strange or embarrassing like Kuma got a sex change from Ivankov so he's both Bonney's mom and dad at the same time.

Would that be so bad? I would guess Kuma might not be her bio dad (not that it really matters) that's how these things often seem to go...

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 27, 2023

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but what if Vegapunk and Bonney both got sucked into Kuma's memory similar to entering a Hysteria in Odyssey? Next chapter we will probably get a pseudo-flashback as they literally relive Kuma's lost memory and so will be missing until that segment finishes.

Also, this is just wild speculation, but what if when Vegapunk said that the knowledge would hurt Bonney, what if the memory is some forbidden knowledge that would make her and Kuma targets of the World Government? Either that or it's something really strange or embarrassing like Kuma got a sex change from Ivankov so he's both Bonney's mom and dad at the same time.

I seriously doubt their physical bodies would have vanished - that's a pretty big departure from how Kuma's powers have been seen to work. I could see a scenario where they got knocked into the bubble and their bodies are lying unconscious inside it (in the real world) but their consciousnesses are inside Kuma's mindscape.

It'd be fun to have Luffy & co find them and for Luffy to rush in, briefly fall into the mindscape himself, and the more level headed people help push/pull them out of the bubble from a safe distance.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

What's the worst chapter :munch:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Apparently wanted posters are printed and distributed one time and that's it. You miss out when the big announcement happens, you better hope you know someone who still has a copy otherwise you're sol.

The Bounty printing press is always maxed out on new orders, they don't have capacity for a reprint

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Curious everyone forgot the end of Wano!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're in Act 4 of Wano though?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

probably one of the ones where absalom creeps on nami

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Cloks posted:

chapter 67 isn't great
Jeeze, people are really bitter about Gin I guess. I thought Sanji nerding out about All Blue was really good though.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

mabels big day posted:

What if the "traitor" who shut down the security system and now perhaps has kidnapped the main Vegapunk, is none other than Enel? Think, an electricity man would have the capabilities to infiltrate and control all the electronic systems. It has to be Enel.

Jokes aside I am under the impression that it was one of the Vegapunk bodies that turned off the security system. Maybe Edison or Pythagoras since betraying the WG goes against all common logic of the world and they are the wisdom and thinking bodies.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Every chapter that's released on break week.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

IceBorg posted:

Jokes aside I am under the impression that it was one of the Vegapunk bodies that turned off the security system. Maybe Edison or Pythagoras since betraying the WG goes against all common logic of the world and they are the wisdom and thinking bodies.

I thought it was pretty explicit that it was Lilith, she seemed pretty gung-ho about the opportunity to go crack some more skulls.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

IceBorg posted:

I figure it's Caribou trying to escape from the labosphere, though it'd also be interesting if it were Shiriyu.

gently caress, imagine if Caribou ended up kidnapping and/or taking Mr. Saturn hostage...

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I thought it was pretty explicit that it was Lilith, she seemed pretty gung-ho about the opportunity to go crack some more skulls.

Lilith was shown in two panels reacting to the news and asking Pythagoras who was in the control room. He replies that he can't see anyone on the monitors. So it's either someone who can turn invisible, mess with the surveillance, or blend in with the surroundings.

jassa fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 27, 2023

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i cannot get over buckin threatening to bring weevil on maury

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
anyway stussy owns

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Kuma's Paw-Paw fruit is capable of essentially teleporting people. It's not outside of reason that maybe Vegapunk or Bonny somehow made use of that power to blast themselves off-island.

What if that big kuma-bubble is his DF powers that he pushed out of himself before becoming fully cyborged? Don't think we've seen him use it since becoming a slave to the Celestial Dragons.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Crazyeyes posted:

What if that big kuma-bubble is his DF powers that he pushed out of himself before becoming fully cyborged? Don't think we've seen him use it since becoming a slave to the Celestial Dragons.

He just used it to teleport away from Momoiro Island, five chapters ago.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

The one where Sanji gets a anime horny nosebleed so bad that Chopper needs to bring him to a hospital for a blood transfusion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
vegapunk discussed using the paw paw fruit to transmit memories with kuma in a flashback. then immediately afterward bonney found a big paw paw bubble which she was certain was not made of pain. so naturally, it was some completely different thing that had never been mentioned and not a memory bubble. nanomachines, perhaps? i bet it's nanomachines.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bleck posted:

The one where Sanji gets a anime horny nosebleed so bad that Chopper needs to bring him to a hospital for a blood transfusion.

:hmmyes:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

The one where Luffy said he needed 10 minutes to recharge his Haki and everyone was doing a countdown.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Bleck posted:

I can't really decide if that or Sanji powering up through transphobia is worse.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

The one where Luffy said he needed 10 minutes to recharge his Haki and everyone was doing a countdown.
Was this a birdcage chapter? If so yes I agree.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The worst chapter will be the last one because the journey is over. Break week, forever more

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

No Wave posted:

Was this a birdcage chapter? If so yes I agree.

That’s the one, yes. The whole Birdcage part of Dressrosa itself was kind of tedious for that matter (even more so in the anime)

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

How long is the ten minute countdown in the anime?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hatty posted:

Break week, forever more

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Libra posted:

How long is the ten minute countdown in the anime?

I forget but it definitely lasts a good handful of episodes

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

ive produced this scientific chart of all the worst chapters up through to the reverie arc, circled in green (subsequent chapters deemed too recent to fairly judge)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so although then gorosei was translated as 5 elder stars the kanji for star can also mean planet.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

vegapunk discussed using the paw paw fruit to transmit memories with kuma in a flashback. then immediately afterward bonney found a big paw paw bubble which she was certain was not made of pain. so naturally, it was some completely different thing that had never been mentioned and not a memory bubble. nanomachines, perhaps? i bet it's nanomachines.

Devil fruits made from memories and dreams.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jose posted:

so although then gorosei was translated as 5 elder stars the kanji for star can also mean planet.
Interesting, considering that the ancient weapons so far are named after planets as well. And when OP started pluto was a planet and 5+4=9.

Though Uranus, Neptune, Pluto are (were) planets 7-8-9 so you would have expected saturn to be the last AW but its a gorosei instead.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 27, 2023

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

hatty posted:

The worst chapter will be the last one because the journey is over. Break week, forever more

This actually made me tear up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

No Wave posted:

Interesting, considering that the ancient weapons so far are named after planets as well. And when OP started pluto was a planet and 5+4=9.

Though Uranus, Neptune, Pluto are (were) planets 7-8-9 so you would have expected saturn to be the last AW but its a gorosei instead.

Pretty sure there are only three ancient weapons, and one is Poseidon, not Neptune