Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I bought the Species UHD thank you very much. Love that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Nemesis was so bad it almost killed Tom Hardy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

FilthyImp posted:

Nemesis was so bad it almost killed Tom Hardy.

It's probably the only Trek thing where I truly cannot find anything at all to enjoy. Even Star Trek V has some good stuff in it, but Nemesis? Throw it out.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Attention to all men my age who are me: it’s happening!! April, and apparently there’s many more Rollin 4K to come. I’m so stoked!!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

love that artwork, never seen the movie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

love that artwork, never seen the movie.

:emptyquote:

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
It’s top tier Rollin imo, beautiful and dreamlike and also (intentionally) funny, if any of his films could convert someone to Rollinism it’s probably this one. Certain images (like Isolde emerging from the grandfather clock) will be burned in my memory forever. Not my personal favourite of his films but it’s up there, probably top 3 (… maybe top 4.)

Wouldn’t recommend anyone blind buying it though, especially if you’re not familiar with his work, I know people who hate his stuff with a passion.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PinkoBastard posted:

Wouldn’t recommend anyone blind buying it though, especially if you’re not familiar with his work, I know people who hate his stuff with a passion.

:lol:

This thread should be called "Blind Buyers Anonymous"

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

ultraviolence123 posted:

Looking over the saved items on my Best Buy cart, a bunch of them have a large price increase. Like the Blow Out 4k is $49.99 right now, was $39.99. Or Scream Factory's Species 4k that no one bought was usually between $22 and $28, it's $35 now. I switched to Best Buy from Amazon two years ago because prices were basically the same and BB was far more reliable. If this continues, I'm done with them as well.

Not sure, might be some weird MSRP matching at this time. I noticed a few that raised my eyebrows. All the same, I match Amazon via Blu-Ray.com alllllll the time with Best Buy.

I'm opening Blu-Ray.com enough that most new releases that go on sale will show up for me, and bam $5 back!

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

how did I not know this was announced

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

worms butthole guy posted:

Because it was just announced today.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
That would certainly explain it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

worms butthole guy posted:

I can think of at least two things wrong with that title.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

Looks like my From Beyond shipped. If it makes it here by Tuesday night I’ll be doing a screening. I’ve only seen it once and it was outdoors with unimpressive sound, I’m very excited.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

My entire Star Trek Blu ray collection was found at Dollar Tree, but I can't find Insurrection and it's driving me mad.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

PinkoBastard posted:

Attention to all men my age who are me: it’s happening!! April, and apparently there’s many more Rollin 4K to come. I’m so stoked!!

oh snap.

i'm only seeing this on the site diabolik. will this come to grindhouse? best buy? if not, is diabolik safe?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

abelwingnut posted:

oh snap.

i'm only seeing this on the site diabolik. will this come to grindhouse? best buy? if not, is diabolik safe?

Just buy it from Powerhouse Films/Indicator's site. Shipping tops out after you hit about £30 and the more you buy the less you pay per disc. It's frighteningly easy to blow through $130 there, but wait for a sale, next one will probably be in March. This title won't be part of the sale but it will be the next sale near the end of the year. Either way, full price for one title and fill out your cart with as many £5-£10 titles as you can handle.

And make sure to make an account BEFORE ordering, because purchases earn points. I created an account as I placed my first order, and then learned about the points. I emailed them immediately and they wouldn't add points for "historical orders," i.e. the order I had placed a few hours earlier, i.e. go gently caress yourself. It's a seller's market in physical media these days, they don't have to be nice and they aren't

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Just for the record in case anyone else is wondering, Diabolik is 100% safe to order from

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Yeah DiabolikDVD is great, they are pretty much the only online store I order from besides Grindhouse

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh yeah, also sometimes Powerhouse have special little exclusive extras you won't get if you order elsewhere. My copy of Irreversible came with this neat little 8-page booklet, chronicling the timeline of the film's production and release, in reverse order

Not every movie has this kind of stuff but you won't know of you don't get it from the source.

And yeah Diabolik are good people, I've ordered from there a couple times.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Orbitdvd is my favorite. Duanolik just takes too long to ship imho

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve had good experiences with both Orbit and Diabolik.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Grindhouse, Orbit and Diabolik, in that order. Diabolik does take a few extra days, but about every fourth order it ships really quickly. Grindhouse manages to bend time to get packages to me. Knoxville to Minneapolis in about three days, usually. As far as international stuff goes, Indicator is extremely fast. Pay for the FedEx shipping, it's worth it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thanks for the replies in support of diabolik! ended up buying quite a bit from them.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My From Beyond has shipped!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Awww yeah, Shout knows exactly what I'm needing.

I need them to do one of those dumb deluxe sets that comes with a Charles Grodin action figure.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

For the Region B crew:

Arrow is finally doing a region B release of the Sonny Chiba Street Fighter films.

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilmsVideo/status/1618988497939087365/photo/1

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Selling some stuff in SA Mart

It's just like the dril candles tweet, only I'm drowning in blu-rays

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

PinkoBastard posted:

Anybody have thoughts on Assassination Bureau? Love me some Oliver Reed

It's fun, but is mostly made of vignettes that start to get bit repetitive. The third act falls off a cliff when they forget who their protagonist is and it ends on a huge wet fart.

Still, I'd say worth a watch but temper your expectations.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I saw Infinity Pool, and liked it!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Good news;
Disney is kinda opening the vault and letting someone do physical releases of non-Disney Studios stuff!

Bad news:
It’s Mill Creek :negative:

https://twitter.com/millcreekent/status/1620125701092569089?s=46&t=vHLgCFlkWXiGjJ_9m-flyg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I want to apologize for the previous thing where I asked that guy why he wanted the TNG movies in 4k, I was just trying to make a joke and I guess I came across wrong, I didn't mean any harm by it and I'm sorry.

That being said. If you read this next thing I say as being aggressive or looking for a fight, you are absolutely correct. You should picture this being said by an angry man outside a bar swinging a bike lock around if you want to get the kind of tone I am intending to get across. I am absolutely willing to fight over this

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Good news;
Disney is kinda opening the vault and letting someone do physical releases of non-Disney Studios stuff!

Bad news:
It’s Mill Creek :negative:

https://twitter.com/millcreekent/status/1620125701092569089?s=46&t=vHLgCFlkWXiGjJ_9m-flyg

You got a problem with Mill Creek?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Aren’t they well known for just kinda pumping stuff out without much care or any special features? Or am I confusing them with a different distributor?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Aren’t they well known for just kinda pumping stuff out without much care or any special features? Or am I confusing them with a different distributor?

All I know is 4 years ago there was no Ultraman in America, today you can get over a dozen complete series on bluray for 25 bucks each, and it's thanks to Mill Creek.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Gripweed posted:

All I know is 4 years ago there was no Ultraman in America, today you can get over a dozen complete series on bluray for 25 bucks each, and it's thanks to Mill Creek.

People have complained about the heavy use of noise reduction on those releases but in Mill Creek's defense, at least with the Ultra series releases, it wasn't Mill Creek's fault since the noise reduction was baked into the masters Tsuburaya provided to them.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mill Creek is apparently just handling reprints of existing Disney/Fox discs, with no DVD to Blu-ray upgrades.

Though, maybe they could twist the mouse's arm to allow some TV shows. Hard to believe they don't want MASH for a Blu-ray set, given they got a lot of good stuff from Universal.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mill Creek has reformed their reputation the past few years. I have great sets of 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt from them, a very good Community set, and their film releases have been decent. Their biggest "flaw" is that they don't make their own spiceal features, they just use what they're given.

A few years ago they did a complete series release of Rescue Me, the first time the whole show had been on Blu. In my opinion, they packed too many episodes per disc. Community was a mixed bag, with seasons 1 and 2 being a bit overstuffed but 3-6 were fine. 30 Rock was great, a near 1:1 ratio compared to the DVDs (the original Universal DVDs were excellent for spread and compression except S2, which packed 18 eps on 2 discs; Mill Creek's gave S2 3 discs, as it always should have been). They also had a disc replacement for 30 Rock and they were excellent about it.

As for films, yeah no new special features sucks, but nice slips and low prices, and getting films on disc that otherwise wouldn't be, doesn't suck

Gripweed posted:

And this too. I have the first three, still haven't chewed through then but I'm very glad they got em out.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I love the Mill Creek Ultraman releases - they’re not perfect but they’re very good and it works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Mill Creek is Good