Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what top 5 overall qb has the worst stats since uhh 2002?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gotta be JaMarcus Russell, right?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lance?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really hosed up my question. what i had meant to ask was "which top 5 drafted qb had the worst college stats" but i didn't clarify and it looks like nfl stats. i ruined an entire evening for myself

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cavauro posted:

i really hosed up my question. what i had meant to ask was "which top 5 drafted qb had the worst college stats" but i didn't clarify and it looks like nfl stats. i ruined an entire evening for myself

For counting stats only I think...

This is the answer, but there's a big old asterisk next to the 2020 season.

For top 5 overall QBs I think #2 would be Mark Sanchez in the last 20 years.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I have no idea why people are projecting Levis to the Colts. They don’t even have a coach yet, surely whoever they hire will have opinions and input.

He's tall and white.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I guess Josh Allen fell just outside the top 5 but man he looked terrible at Wyoming.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

anthony richardson

he's going #2 overall

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Cavauro posted:

what top 5 overall qb has the worst stats since uhh 2002?

Jameis in the playoff year was wayyyy worse and only had like 25/17 TD/INT. I think he was worse than Sanchez or anyone else I can think of top 5

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A lot of folks had Trent McDuffie as an obvious bogey pick, but he seems pretty good

What happened there

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A lot of folks had Trent McDuffie as an obvious bogey pick, but he seems pretty good

What happened there

People assume the Pac 12 is a minor league for pro prospects, when they really only applies for like…OL prospects.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sheesh

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1619864926717349889?t=NwmMat3e16Nv76n_3HL_fQ&s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Long long maaaaaaaaaaaan

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

6'8 360 with those arms. The Can't Teach Size guy or is he good?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ches Neckbeard posted:

6'8 360 with those arms. The Can't Teach Size guy or is he good?

He's actually pretty good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i heard it was bad to have really long arms as a lineman because you have to do the wakanda salute in order to safely block

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1620086182402052096?s=20

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ShakeZula posted:

If Indy is trying to move up to #1 to jump Houston, I have to think it would be to take Young. If Houston takes him, I doubt Indy would still want to give up a lot to move up two spots to take their second choice. At that point I think Ballard just lets it ride and sees if someone they like is still there at 4.

Worth noting that the Bears GM and Ballard have worked together before. I don't think there's going to be a lot of shenanigans going on there.

I feel like it'll be Indy and Bears trading. I really don't see the Bears trading with both Indy and Houston because odds are they'll both be looking at the same prospect. And as mentioned, Bears and Ballard have history.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
TGG have you looked at any guards yet? My top 10 has both Bama guys and that feels wrong

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love big offensive lineman

I love all big footballers, I just especially love big offensive lineman.

Seattle needs a starting right guard, unsure if they will draft Cyrus from Florida in the first.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

With the Saints landing the 29/30 pick (I'm seeing conflicting stuff on this, so whatever), I feel like getting Hendon Hooker there is a solid shout. He should be ready for the start of the 2023 season, the Saints desperately need a QB, and he should slot in day one. He looked like a top 5-10 pick prior to his injury.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You can get Hooker on day 2 pretty easily I would imagine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

With the Saints landing the 29/30 pick (I'm seeing conflicting stuff on this, so whatever), I feel like getting Hendon Hooker there is a solid shout. He should be ready for the start of the 2023 season, the Saints desperately need a QB, and he should slot in day one. He looked like a top 5-10 pick prior to his injury.

Right or wrong, he played the offense that's most of why Drew Lock got drafted (he sure looked better under Heupel than he did his senior season). So that'll be a knock on him from some.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

You can get Hooker on day 2 pretty easily I would imagine.

Yeah, he’s old and injured.

He might be a late riser but given what we know now I suspect he’ll be available in the third.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wasting a first rounder on Hooker would be loving tragic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

He looked like the best QB in college I feel like calling it tragic is an extreme reaction.

Especially when people are mocking Anthony loving Richardson in the first round.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

He looked like the best QB in college I feel like calling it tragic is an extreme reaction.

Especially when people are mocking Anthony loving Richardson in the first round.

Tim Tebow was also the best QB in college once. Josh Allen was complete rear end. Mahomes was extremely polarizing. It's a different game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kirios posted:

Stetson Bennett won back to back titles. Kyle Trask was a Heisman finalist. College is very different.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ken Dorsey, somehow, was a two time Heisman finalist.

*carefully inspects those statlines with opera glasses*

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Tim Tebow was also the best QB in college once. Josh Allen was complete rear end. Mahomes was extremely polarizing. It's a different game.

Okay Hooker has nowhere near the mechanical issues that Tebow had (in fact, they're pretty good). His real knock is his age. He's got a great arm and is very accurate downfield.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

Throwing to Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson in conference games against Temple is pretty nice for a QB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kirios posted:

Okay Hooker has nowhere near the mechanical issues that Tebow had (in fact, they're pretty good). His real knock is his age. He's got a great arm and is very accurate downfield.

The knock against Hooker is the offense didn’t ask him to do much processing either pre or post snap and he was mostly throwing to open guys so he didn’t have to be especially great with ball placement.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kirios posted:

besides being old, having a hosed up knee, and being sort of injury prone the other knocks on him are that he played in a mickey mouse offense and his throwing was less accurate than you'd think. but he does have a good arm

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hooker is possibly one of the best of the rest but I think barring some kind of God tier showing in the next few weeks he's a third rounder at best.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fair enough I'm just higher on him than most.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gonz posted:

That man's completion percentage got worse every year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Fair enough I'm just higher on him than most.

I don't think you're that off base. Best college QB doesn't always equal best prospect but he can run an air raid and his arm is strong enough for several tough NFL routes. He's got a long delivery and the ball kind of sails but it still gets there. That Heupel offense might as well be the Eagles offense anyway. I could see him staying in the conversation since 25 isn't really THAT old.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

under 3 months until this. who do you think your team will draft first.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anthony Richardson

E: answer may change when we are 2 months away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The OSU OTs are p good