Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

We need to come up with a term for how Fujimoto raises suspense with a threat, deflates it or distracts us with something else, then surprises us with a threat after all
At this point, I'm only going to panic if he doesn't end the chapter on some insane cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

The Future Rules!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raposa posted:

The Future Rules!

My God.... someone in America besides me reads Me & Roboco?! Preposterous!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Steve Yun posted:

Edit: also very ominous that two of the three Unbreakable Rules is about not opening doors

Well I mean we all saw what happened the last time he opened someone else's apartment door

Also, everyone's assuming Nayuta set the rules because of who she is. Denji never said that!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh crap, I read that whole chapter and loved it but completely missed that Yoru putting her hand on Denji's head wasn't some sort of awkward fumbling embrace, she's still trying to make him into a loving sword!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Big Leg posted:

rip nayuta's plant

Was there another plant there or did Nayuta scoot hers closer to Denjis :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

raocow posted:

I am absolutely fine with a weird uneven release schedule if it means fujimoto doesn't need to kill himself with overwork

I don't mind him going to a full-time 2 week release schedule like the Spy X Family guy. The facial expressions are much better than usual seemingly because of the break.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

At least it wasn't ten pages like the last time a chapter was bookended by two week waits. I look forward to the second valentine massacre

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Steve Yun posted:

her plant is definitely uncomfortably close and staring at denji's plant behind it's back, that's for sure

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

March Flatulence Madness

Somebody on tiktok pointed out that across Fujimoto’s works (which I have not read myself) he uses “doing gross things together” as a sign of genuine closeness

Denji and Power do plenty of gross things but one time they also smeared poop on Aki while he was sleeping. Aki didn’t participate willingly but they made him part of their antics

Then I thought about how Aki took them to his family grave, and how he couldn’t wallow in depression because Power and Denji were being so annoying the whole trip. He didn’t want to get close to them at first, but over time he couldn’t help loving them. He was even willing to quit Public Safety for their sakes!

Edit: also as much as Denji loved Makima, they were never truly close. Neither do they do anything gross together

A lot of meaning in a March fart chart

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 1, 2023

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Steve Yun posted:

Edit: also very ominous that two of the three Unbreakable Rules is about not opening doors

Great catch.

Amazing chapter. Fujimoto is so good at doing so much with so much less text than others, its truly impressive.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo

It flew over my head

Asa/Yoru broke the third rule after all

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My God.... someone in America besides me reads Me & Roboco?! Preposterous!

There are dozens of us.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

Oh poo poo

It flew over my head

Asa/Yoru broke the third rule after all

correct which is why poo poo is poppin off

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think i'm just gonna go ahead and finish reading the first part of chainsawman right now. Chapter 77, that fight was raw :suspense:

it's probably mads nickelson-sensei who's rining the doorbel, but fi it's kobeni i'll poo poo

gently caress. This snowball stuff is so good!

gently caress, man. :smith:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 1, 2023

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

imo the anime should skip the rest of part 1 and start the next season at part 2

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

cuntman.net posted:

imo the anime should skip the rest of part 1 and start the next season at part 2

Do you want this show to get kenshin’ed!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cuntman.net posted:

Have them both running at the same time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

MorningMoon posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My girlfriend hasn't started the CSM anime yet, will do so after catching up on Demon Slayer. Sent her the page with all the dogs, she says Makima is so cool.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:negative:

wait she's a fiend it's fine it's fine it's just a little exploding she's still good she's still good right right right??

gotta meme the pain away

why does such a horrific symbol of the awfult hings makina ahs done to denji have ot look so loving COOL

:suspense: WW2, NAZIS, AIDS, NUCLEAR WEAPONS :suspense:

burger

asd;ghoisdlkjghKOBENI AOBIHADFSKGHASD KSDONBAISDOHASLDIGHSGASD DOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man i guess she does have the moves, that's a good combo

what if she has the luck devil

christ space poo poo is always so cool. i'm just kinda stunned reading this btwz

hahahah that moment where people helped and appreciated denji during the aki fight is now being turned on its head to weaken him ahahaha what a clever lil goof :)

"will there still be crappy movies?" holy poo poo, what is he cooking

but if that's denji then- mads was man wasn't he
joh okay he just tore a lil bit of heart neat

yum

the balls to put me through all that and say "end of arc 1"

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 1, 2023

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I said The Future Rules

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*Kool-aid Man's into Me & Roboco*

The Future!

IS BEST!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

I think i'm just gonna go ahead and finish reading the first part of chainsawman right now. Chapter 77, that fight was raw :suspense:

it's probably mads nickelson-sensei who's rining the doorbel, but fi it's kobeni i'll poo poo

gently caress. This snowball stuff is so good!

:sickos:

welcome to hell, the future rules

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

:sickos:

welcome to hell, the future rules

Technically hell was like two arcs ago.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/0trebot/status/1620504133441814528?s=20

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

MorningMoon posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Congrats on solving the Lamentation Configuration, now you know why the manga readers are like a bunch of Cenobites lurking in the background of the anime thread.

Also when you're fully done with Part 1, go back and watch this (Episode 10 ED):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-_5Cnehns

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MorningMoon posted:

My girlfriend hasn't started the CSM anime yet, will do so after catching up on Demon Slayer. Sent her the page with all the dogs, she says Makima is so cool.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:negative:

wait she's a fiend it's fine it's fine it's just a little exploding she's still good she's still good right right right??

gotta meme the pain away

why does such a horrific symbol of the awfult hings makina ahs done to denji have ot look so loving COOL

:suspense: WW2, NAZIS, AIDS, NUCLEAR WEAPONS :suspense:

burger

asd;ghoisdlkjghKOBENI AOBIHADFSKGHASD KSDONBAISDOHASLDIGHSGASD DOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man i guess she does have the moves, that's a good combo

what if she has the luck devil

christ space poo poo is always so cool. i'm just kinda stunned reading this btwz

hahahah that moment where people helped and appreciated denji during the aki fight is now being turned on its head to weaken him ahahaha what a clever lil goof :)

"will there still be crappy movies?" holy poo poo, what is he cooking

but if that's denji then- mads was man wasn't he
joh okay he just tore a lil bit of heart neat

yum

Really enjoying these reactions, let us know what you think of part 2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i'm gonna need to take a sleep before i start part 2, but whew. whew.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Congrats on solving the Lamentation Configuration, now you know why the manga readers are like a bunch of Cenobites lurking in the background of the anime thread.

Also when you're fully done with Part 1, go back and watch this (Episode 10 ED):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-_5Cnehns

lmao those bastards

just. jesus. what a manga.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 1, 2023

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
https://twitter.com/Void_Dot_Exe/status/1615801600232296448?s=20 This is really close to what we actually got and thats rad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He remembers her name, this is so wholesome:3:

It was not wholesome. Cool setup tho.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 1, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Asa really just trying to keep this dumb kid alive 😓

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MorningMoon posted:

He remembers her name, this is so wholesome:3:

Posts made 10 seconds before disasters.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Steve Yun posted:

There’s a cool detail here where March Farts and the bottom of this calendar basically confirm we’re in March ‘98. About six months have passed since Gun’s death if we’re trying to figure out how much time has passed.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

denji spinal cord sword

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Tried for a Denji Sword, ended up with an Asa Flail.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Primal fear

These people in the club look awfully familiar hahah.....

Denji's motivation in part 2 is great.
He's loving leaving clues and poo poo trying to get found out!! Aaaaaaa
"A girl desperate for a boyfriend" oh my goddddd

This is so good

She's a whole mood and a half

Finished the chapter and yup. That pic is the emption

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 1, 2023

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also man, Denji just looks so much more tired than he did in part 1

He's a father/brother to a young girl, that's so much work, you know.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Also huskies are loving exhausting creatures. They are genetically engineered to be drama whores.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mulva posted:

Also huskies are loving exhausting creatures. They are genetically engineered to be drama whores.

Imagine living with this except there's 7 of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82528KGDdo

Imagine living next to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I love that Denji's expression in the manga for the last panel this week is less shocked and more "Come on, we talked about this!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imagine living with this except there's 7 of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82528KGDdo

Imagine living next to them

That's why Denji has it as such an important rule to not see the neighbors. If they knew who had the huskies, they'd be pissed.