Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluue
Jan 2, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'd start putting out the amount the cat normally eats and putting the rest in the fridge. It's not safe to leave wet food out all day, but most cats seem to be smart enough to only want fresh wet food (ours do, anyway).

Tried this today and it seemed to make things better. I split up the meal times so she would get half a can then about 30-40 min later get the rest.

She's not very food motivated. Haven't found anything she likes besides her normal food either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

eating only apples posted:

Actually, why does his fur look like that? He's not greasy, lumpy, flaky, or overly hairy for a shorthair, and he gets brushed regularly. Not stressed or anxious. He's fast asleep right now and I can still see it all standing on end like goosebumps. Why does he always have hair that sticks up? He always looks spiky but feels very smooth.

It looks like he has a "double coat" with long guide hairs that stick out and shorter soft undercoat. If that's the case the long hairs should be coarser than the ones that lie down. It's a feature some cats have, maybe he has some pedigree ancestry somewhere.

Also when a cat stares at you with eyes half closed like that, it doesn't (just) mean they're sleepy, it means they like you. It's a cat smile!

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
One of Kimchi's parents is a rag doll and though she is a short-hair, her fur sometimes looks like that in certain phases of shedding. It's just a different fur-type from mixing 'breeds', I guess.

I'm always puzzled by people who can leave food out too, mealtime is on a strict schedule here or we'd never hear the end of it and they finish every portion in one go. There was a period where Katya would leave some in her bowl which meant that we had to watch Kimchi like a hawk because she will try to evade us and sneak up on the left-overs.
That was annoying enough that we switched food twice until we found a brand she would finish.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013
As one of those people who just leave food out, I am blessed my two cats are great grazers. One only eats when hungry and the other only eats dry food if she has to.

Jayne Doe
Jan 16, 2010
I have an autofeeder that dispenses little bits of dry food every four hours, but my cat decided she wants to be a grazer anyway and will just ignore it half the time until she feels like eating a few pieces and wandering away again. It's a very funny change from when she was a teenager and would sprint wildly in that direction whenever she heard the motor.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
My cats have one autofeeder each and sprint towards their food to scarf it down whenever they hear the motor

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Pazuzu will deign to eat her dry food when she’s hungry enough, but she’s just not that interested in it unless I put a tablespoon of water in it. I call it Kitten’s Soup.

I wonder if it’s because she’s teething and her gums hurt, because she suddenly got very enthusiastic about suckling on cloth.

I got her to stop chewing on my clothes when I gave her a soft washcloth. When she climbs on me to chew on my bra strap, I tell her to “ be normal” and she’ll run off to chew on the washcloth instead… but then she’ll come back to sit on my neck every 30 seconds while doing it so I don’t know.

A few weeks ago I got a big dog bed mistakenly delivered to me by petsmart. I put it on top of her Maintanence Guys Are Here playpen to keep it out of the way but shes discovered it.

Here is Pazuzu’s best impression of a cannoli.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 1, 2023

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

HellOnEarth posted:

Pazuzu will deign to eat her dry food when she’s hungry enough, but she’s just not that interested in it unless I put a tablespoon of water in it. I call it Kitten’s Soup.

I wonder if it’s because she’s teething and her gums hurt, because she suddenly got very enthusiastic about suckling on cloth.

I got her to stop chewing on my clothes when I gave her a soft washcloth. When she climbs on me to chew on my bra strap, I tell her to “ be normal” and she’ll run off to chew on the washcloth instead… but then she’ll come back to sit on my neck every 30 seconds while doing it so I don’t know.

A few weeks ago I got a big dog bed mistakenly delivered to me by petsmart. I put it on top of her Maintanence Guys Are Here playpen to keep it out of the way but shes discovered it.

Here is Pazuzu’s best impression of a cannoli.

That’s a great name, btw. I’m now frantically searching for books on demons/devils/Hell for future kitty names.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
My cat Gaia managed to land poorly during play, and tore the skin between her foot pad and toe, on her hind leg. (not the pad itself, the connecting skin between)

There was bleeding which stopped quite quickly, and ever since she's been acting normal, and even jumping up to high places she discovered recently she could reach. Hell she kept playing even immediately after she wounded herself because it took my mother in law a moment to notice the bloody paw prints!

She otherwise just has a barely perceptible limp, but hasn't slowed down at all.

Can we get away with not bandaging if she's not bleeding? And the wound isn't touching the floor because it's far behind the surface of the pad? She's strictly indoors.

Picture in spoiler

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
And just for reference, this is her now, looking exceedingly relaxed

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I love my kitty

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I love your kitty too :shobon:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I, also, love my kitties.

Dumbasses that they are. They have decided to be bored by all variants of toys onna string (including Cat Dancer) and laser pointers. They wish to be played with, but none of the playing-with toys are acceptable any longer.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

My cats are currently into those little scrunchy balls, I put them into a reg paper grocery bag and one of my cats will entertain himself for half an hour digging it out and chasing it around. Then he picks it up and puts it back in the bag. It's amazing. The other cat seems to enjoy watching him.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

My younger cat likes playing soccer with little balls made out of his own undercoat. Well, I guess you can argue which sport it is but I'd say cats can't get called for hand ball.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I'm at a point in introducing Shaokao the stray to Lychee where I'm a little at a loss, we don't have a screen door or anything like that to separate them.

We started keeping them just completely separated, as you do. Lychee is a very nice cat to me and my wife but no one/thing else and gets scared easy. But when we first brought Shaokao home she predictably was freaked out. First time she saw him she hissed and wouldn't even let us touch her, just from seeing him. But we got Shaokao in the other room, shut door completely separated and did that for a while.Then we did the give them towels covered in each other's scent thing. Then eventually crack the door open for a little bit every day so they can see each other a bit.

So then, I started bringing Shaokao out of his room for a bit but holding him the whole time. Lychee doesn't hiss and get aggressive anymore to just seeing him, so that was good. Then I let him walk around for maybe 10 minutes in the rest of the house where Lychee is too.

This was actually kinda good at first. Lychee would just watch him, nervously. Eventually she would come up to him and smell him, but she's still obviously not comfortable.

Shaokao got less lazy, a few weeks of being a pet made him way more energetic and brave. And so there's the problem, sometimes when they're out together the nervousness turns into aggression, especially when Shaokao starts using Lychee's scratching post. And then, if Shaokao sneaks up on Lychee she will yell and swat at him. Or he will charge her and scare the poo poo out of her. And then I gotta separate them immediately or it turns into yelling and more aggression from both of them.

I'd like to separate them but like the just screen door thing but I really don't have that. And I'm just thinking, short of going out and buying a screen door and somehow taping that to Shaokao's rooms door, if there's some step or thing in the process I'm missing.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BrainDance posted:

I'm at a point in introducing Shaokao the stray to Lychee where I'm a little at a loss, we don't have a screen door or anything like that to separate them.

We started keeping them just completely separated, as you do. Lychee is a very nice cat to me and my wife but no one/thing else and gets scared easy. But when we first brought Shaokao home she predictably was freaked out. First time she saw him she hissed and wouldn't even let us touch her, just from seeing him. But we got Shaokao in the other room, shut door completely separated and did that for a while.Then we did the give them towels covered in each other's scent thing. Then eventually crack the door open for a little bit every day so they can see each other a bit.

So then, I started bringing Shaokao out of his room for a bit but holding him the whole time. Lychee doesn't hiss and get aggressive anymore to just seeing him, so that was good. Then I let him walk around for maybe 10 minutes in the rest of the house where Lychee is too.

This was actually kinda good at first. Lychee would just watch him, nervously. Eventually she would come up to him and smell him, but she's still obviously not comfortable.

Shaokao got less lazy, a few weeks of being a pet made him way more energetic and brave. And so there's the problem, sometimes when they're out together the nervousness turns into aggression, especially when Shaokao starts using Lychee's scratching post. And then, if Shaokao sneaks up on Lychee she will yell and swat at him. Or he will charge her and scare the poo poo out of her. And then I gotta separate them immediately or it turns into yelling and more aggression from both of them.

I'd like to separate them but like the just screen door thing but I really don't have that. And I'm just thinking, short of going out and buying a screen door and somehow taping that to Shaokao's rooms door, if there's some step or thing in the process I'm missing.

I don't think you have a problem. The cats are learning about each other and their personalities, how to approach, and communicate. Hissing and swatting is normal cat interaction. They're not fighting, so just give them time to acclimate to each other. They'll work it out.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

It has broken out into an almost fight a couple times, stopped only because I'm really fast at scooping up Shaokao and taking him back to his room.

And that's what really got me worried. So right now I'm back to the "only taking Shaokao out when I'm holding him" thing for a few more days I think.

I hope I'm overthinking it, at each step of the process I've been worried about "what if they never get past this part and this is how they are forever!" But then, they do.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I, also, love my kitties.

Dumbasses that they are. They have decided to be bored by all variants of toys onna string (including Cat Dancer) and laser pointers. They wish to be played with, but none of the playing-with toys are acceptable any longer.

Greatest cat toy I've seen so far:
https://www.amazon.com/Interactive-Badiepet-Automatic-Electronic-Rechargeable/dp/B09CKYTBKS

It's motion activated so every time a cat smacks it it starts jamming a little arm with a feather on it out of the gaps in the box for 3 minutes. Only toy I've ever seen that kept my old tuxedo's attention for more than 5 minutes without involving food.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

BrainDance posted:

Can you borrow or buy a removable baby gate to separate them? That’s what we used to introduce our cats. It might not work if both cats are full grown / spry enough to hop over. I agree with the other poster that it sounds like your cat introduction is on track though.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

gloom posted:

Can you borrow or buy a removable baby gate to separate them? That’s what we used to introduce our cats. It might not work if both cats are full grown / spry enough to hop over. I agree with the other poster that it sounds like your cat introduction is on track though.

I introduced two adult cats by creating kitty fortress with 3 baby gates stacked on each other to fully block the door. Only had to remove one to get in. You can probably find them cheap/free 2nd hand on facebook marketplace.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I didn't think of stacking them, but that's probably what's gonna have to happen. Shaokao can barely jump on a couch, but Lychee can nearly scale doors and stuff

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Could use some food advice for my poor sick cat, Toshiro (18/M). He has hyperthyroidism, tooth re absorption, and his kidney levels are stable but not where they should be. I have him on medication for the thyroid, pain medication, and I give him fluids (sodium chloride) twice a week. He stopped eating chicken flavored anything, seems he prefers salmon and whitefish now. So I've been giving him pate mixed with water and he eats it but he is a grazer and I can't leave it out so when I am sleeping or at work he doesn't eat. He also does not let me know when he is hungry so I have to get the bowl out of the fridge every now and again. My other cat, Spoiled (7/F), isn't making things any easier because now all she wants is the canned food and won't even eat the dry stuff I have. She is also very pushy and will nudge him out of the way to eat his food so I gotta watch them. I used to give them each about 1/4 a can of wet food and then leave dry food out for them to graze on but that's just not working anymore. I really want to find some dry food that Toshiro can eat so he has something out for him when he gets hungry. He'll eat salmon flavored cat treats but chewing them is difficult since he is missing some of his back teeth so he'll only eat a few of them. I dunno if a smaller kibble would help or a softer one or what but I'm not sure he is getting the nutrition he needs. I also want to get his weight up, this poor fella used to weight 20+ pounds and as of this past Friday is down to 9.9.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Gorgolflox posted:

Could use some food advice for my poor sick cat, Toshiro (18/M). He has hyperthyroidism, tooth re absorption, and his kidney levels are stable but not where they should be. I have him on medication for the thyroid, pain medication, and I give him fluids (sodium chloride) twice a week. He stopped eating chicken flavored anything, seems he prefers salmon and whitefish now. So I've been giving him pate mixed with water and he eats it but he is a grazer and I can't leave it out so when I am sleeping or at work he doesn't eat. He also does not let me know when he is hungry so I have to get the bowl out of the fridge every now and again. My other cat, Spoiled (7/F), isn't making things any easier because now all she wants is the canned food and won't even eat the dry stuff I have. She is also very pushy and will nudge him out of the way to eat his food so I gotta watch them. I used to give them each about 1/4 a can of wet food and then leave dry food out for them to graze on but that's just not working anymore. I really want to find some dry food that Toshiro can eat so he has something out for him when he gets hungry. He'll eat salmon flavored cat treats but chewing them is difficult since he is missing some of his back teeth so he'll only eat a few of them. I dunno if a smaller kibble would help or a softer one or what but I'm not sure he is getting the nutrition he needs. I also want to get his weight up, this poor fella used to weight 20+ pounds and as of this past Friday is down to 9.9.

See if the RFID feeders can work for you to help keep your younger cat out of your older cat's food. It's possible that your older one won't like the idea so you may be stuck watching them though.

You might just have to put your cat in front of the food periodically so they remember to eat; we do this when ours isn't feeling great. She'll eat a few bites then wander off and we'll put her back there after 15-20 minutes or so until it's gone. I end up coming home during my lunch break so I can wake her up and remind her to eat.

You might also ask about an appetite stimulant (like cyproheptadine) to try for short periods when he's really not eating.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Not sure if I got a bad bag or something but my cats barely ate any of their dry food yesterday from a new bag. This morning I woke up and they wanted food as usual, but I came out to find both bowls still had a fair amount left. This is their usual stuff, not sure whats going on. I cleaned their bowls up and they have eaten some so far this morning. Seem totally normal otherwise.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Boogalo posted:

I introduced two adult cats by creating kitty fortress with 3 baby gates stacked on each other to fully block the door. Only had to remove one to get in. You can probably find them cheap/free 2nd hand on facebook marketplace.

Do you have the brand/style that you used for this setup? Or even better, do you have a photo of this monstrosity?

I'm mostly concerned with certain gates just having too much gap and them just squeezing through. I figured getting two and stacking would be optimal (especially for me getting through it). I saw a DIY gate which seems good for customizing the height and also being relatively cheap, but I don't have the free time for that project.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Kramdar posted:

Do you have the brand/style that you used for this setup? Or even better, do you have a photo of this monstrosity?

I'm mostly concerned with certain gates just having too much gap and them just squeezing through. I figured getting two and stacking would be optimal (especially for me getting through it). I saw a DIY gate which seems good for customizing the height and also being relatively cheap, but I don't have the free time for that project.

Yep! This was for two adult cats so there was no worry about one sneaking through. The laptop was streaming 3 camera views to a private live youtube video so I could watch em :)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Does anyone have a solution to stop your cat from ripping your gamer chair to shreds? Or recommendations for a gamer chair that they won't want to?

I really like a leather chair at my desk, so comfy, but she just utterly destroys the things within weeks.

I keep her nails trimmed but it doesn't help.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If she'll let you trim her claws, will she let you glue on SoftPaws?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If she'll let you trim her claws, will she let you glue on SoftPaws?

Never heard of this before. It's not cruel in any way? I would feel kind of bad to deny her the pleasure of scratching stuff.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gorgolflox posted:

Could use some food advice for my poor sick cat, Toshiro (18/M). He has hyperthyroidism, tooth re absorption, and his kidney levels are stable but not where they should be. I have him on medication for the thyroid, pain medication, and I give him fluids (sodium chloride) twice a week. He stopped eating chicken flavored anything, seems he prefers salmon and whitefish now. So I've been giving him pate mixed with water and he eats it but he is a grazer and I can't leave it out so when I am sleeping or at work he doesn't eat. He also does not let me know when he is hungry so I have to get the bowl out of the fridge every now and again.

My similarly-ill 17-year-old (trade tooth reabsorption for IBD) responded well to cyproheptadine when he needed appetite enhancing (as effika suggested). Otherwise, there's not much getting around having to be fed seemingly a dozen+ times per day. I've tried a few things when he's being picky - sprinkling crushed treats on top (use a pill crusher), and mixing/topping prescription food with something he likes better. Non-scientific options I've tried include Weruva pureed foods that have high moisture content (easier to eat and possibly better if your cat doesn't drink enough water, but they're also like half as calorie-dense as typical pates so ask your vet for advice). I accidentally got a Polynesian BBQ flavour that neither of my cats wanted to touch but it was super fishy if that's what your boy's after. Unfortunately I don't have suggestions for dry food; my senior eats Royal Canin Renal Support A at night (seems to prefer it to wet food only then, go figure) and the younger one only occasionally steals a bite before he remembers he doesn't like kibble anymore.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

effika posted:

See if the RFID feeders can work for you to help keep your younger cat out of your older cat's food. It's possible that your older one won't like the idea so you may be stuck watching them though.

You might just have to put your cat in front of the food periodically so they remember to eat; we do this when ours isn't feeling great. She'll eat a few bites then wander off and we'll put her back there after 15-20 minutes or so until it's gone. I end up coming home during my lunch break so I can wake her up and remind her to eat.

You might also ask about an appetite stimulant (like cyproheptadine) to try for short periods when he's really not eating.

eXXon posted:

My similarly-ill 17-year-old (trade tooth reabsorption for IBD) responded well to cyproheptadine when he needed appetite enhancing (as effika suggested). Otherwise, there's not much getting around having to be fed seemingly a dozen+ times per day. I've tried a few things when he's being picky - sprinkling crushed treats on top (use a pill crusher), and mixing/topping prescription food with something he likes better. Non-scientific options I've tried include Weruva pureed foods that have high moisture content (easier to eat and possibly better if your cat doesn't drink enough water, but they're also like half as calorie-dense as typical pates so ask your vet for advice). I accidentally got a Polynesian BBQ flavour that neither of my cats wanted to touch but it was super fishy if that's what your boy's after. Unfortunately I don't have suggestions for dry food; my senior eats Royal Canin Renal Support A at night (seems to prefer it to wet food only then, go figure) and the younger one only occasionally steals a bite before he remembers he doesn't like kibble anymore.

Thanks but he has an appetite, he just eats a little at a time and doesn't let me know when he is hungry. Can't leave canned food out because it'll just dry up/go bad. I did end up getting some Rachel Ray kibble that is salmon flavored and small so I think that might work but we'll see.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My girlfriend's cat won't stop making GBS threads on the rug.

It's in the same place nearly every day, under one of the chairs. We clean the 3 litterboxes (between 2 cats) twice daily, spray the rug with enzyme cleaner every time it happens, and try to reward good box use as immediately as we can. She asked our vet and he just suggested "making the litterbox more appealing", hence the constant scooping.

But he Just. Won't. Stop. GF wants to get rid of the rug until it stops but I'm afraid he'll just move on to other rugs or other surfaces. Help?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

pencilhands posted:

Does anyone have a solution to stop your cat from ripping your gamer chair to shreds? Or recommendations for a gamer chair that they won't want to?

I really like a leather chair at my desk, so comfy, but she just utterly destroys the things within weeks.

What scratching alternatives does she have? Cats have different preferences for the angle, material, and placement of scratching posts, since they are used for hygeine, sensory, and communication/social needs. Additional scratching posts nearby might help, especially if you get some faux leather remnants from a fabric store to drape over it.

Conversely, you can try double-sided tape to make the surface of your chair less appealing.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Not a Children posted:

It's in the same place nearly every day, under one of the chairs. We clean the 3 litterboxes (between 2 cats) twice daily, spray the rug with enzyme cleaner every time it happens, and try to reward good box use as immediately as we can. She asked our vet and he just suggested "making the litterbox more appealing", hence the constant scooping.

But he Just. Won't. Stop. GF wants to get rid of the rug until it stops but I'm afraid he'll just move on to other rugs or other surfaces. Help?

I've pretty much accepted we can't have rugs after one of our cats wouldn't stop peeing on them no matter what we did. Laminate floor is easier to clean anyway.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Not a Children posted:

Does he ever use the litterboxes at all? Cats find comfort in making GBS threads in the same place so you might have to temporarily throw a box down at that spot and see. Rearrange furniture if you have to. See if the cat will follow the rug if you move it or if he likes that exact spot. There's going to be some experimentation to see what's so appealing about where he's taking a dump, and either co-opting it or making it less appealing than going to a box instead.

Also eliminating outside the box can also mean a territorial/dominance thing. How's the relationship between the two cats?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Greatest cat toy I've seen so far:
https://www.amazon.com/Interactive-Badiepet-Automatic-Electronic-Rechargeable/dp/B09CKYTBKS

It's motion activated so every time a cat smacks it it starts jamming a little arm with a feather on it out of the gaps in the box for 3 minutes. Only toy I've ever seen that kept my old tuxedo's attention for more than 5 minutes without involving food.

I got this and 1 cat loves it and the other loves the amazon box it came in.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Boogalo posted:

This is exactly what one of my aunts does when she needs to completely segregate one of hers. She only has a few now but in years past she was taking care of a dozen+ strays/ferals so I consider her to be pretty cat authoritative.

pencilhands posted:

Don't know if this would be better or worse for the chair, but some weak-ish tape folded over or double-sided tape will usually annoy cats enough that they won't want to touch it. Also make sure they have lots of other options for things to scratch on, like multiple posts scattered around every room, or those flat cardboard things.

fakeedit: beaten on everything :(

phosdex posted:

I got this and 1 cat loves it and the other loves the amazon box it came in.

Yeah my tuxedo was super into it, the torty was more :effort: but would still go sit by it every so often. My foster kittens were pretty enamored with it for a few days but now I only hear it come on once or twice a day. Still, they keep ripping the feather off so they must be playing with it sometime.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What is the best cat scratcher thing you've ever seen? I want to get something good for mine, we have six cats. Preferably something resilient but if cats generally prefer cardboard for scratching, that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The most successful for me is a variety of cheap options. Sometimes they like to claw carpet scratching posts. Sometimes it's a sisal one. Sometimes a cardboard panel.

Cats are gonna cat.