Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

we need a mao but for debate streamers instead of landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

studio mujahideen posted:

we need a mao but for debate streamers instead of landlords

we'd probably catch most of the debate streamers if we just had a mao for landlords again

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

John Charity Spring posted:

we'd probably catch most of the debate streamers if we just had a mao for landlords again

:drat:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
wasnt keffals telling their audience to pretend being a butch black lesbian to infiltrate discords or smth?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/DanielBHervey/status/1623406999496019974

https://twitter.com/JackDexterity/status/1623473285194297344

https://twitter.com/Profess50207951/status/1623610020708421634

https://twitter.com/GeorgeMBudokan/status/1623611975220580357

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

wasnt keffals telling their audience to pretend being a butch black lesbian to infiltrate discords or smth?

Good to see ppj branching out

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Gripweed posted:

I thought Keffals was in trouble for telling all her followers to do digital blackface in tenderqueer spaces?

such a dreadful sequence of words

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lmao drat wasn't expecting the anti-papal turn at the end there but good stuff

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 14:02 on Feb 9, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It got me laughing so hard when I read that last line.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

if harry potter is fantasy tom brown that implies the existence of a fantasy flashman

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

We need less fantasy Tom Browns and more fantasy Tom Bradys !

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

KirbyKhan posted:

It got me laughing so hard when I read that last line.

The Scarf My Father Wore

So sure I am a Gryffindor true, from Hogwarts I did roam,
To see my wizarding brethren all of bravery and renown,
And to tell them of my forefathers who learned in days of old,
That I might have the right to wear the scarf of Gryffindor bold!

Chorus:
It is old but it is beautiful, and its colors they do shine,
It was flown at Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and the Quidditch field's design.
My father wore it as a youth in bygone days of old,
And in each class, I love to wear the scarf of Gryffindor bold.

For those brave students who did strive have not learned or fought in vain,
Our bravery, intelligence, wit, and friendship to maintain,
If the call should come, we'll follow our house, and learn with pride once more,
That tomorrow's Gryffindor will wear the scarf my father wore!

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 14:33 on Feb 9, 2023

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

if harry potter is fantasy tom brown that implies the existence of a fantasy flashman

Yeah thats Ciaphas Cain from 40k

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

That's it! I'm joining the boycott.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

She alleged that Stalin committed ethnic cleansing against Ukrainians

Isn't that now unquestionable in liberal political spheres?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Isn't that now unquestionable in liberal political spheres?

to be clear, keffals used to identify strongly as a communist, and even has a photo of herself standing in front of a bookshelf with that has one of the earlier works debunking the myth of the Holodomor (presumably that she had read it), so the issue is that for her to do a 180 and chase after acceptability among the liberal political sphere is a product of her seeking a wider, more moneyed audience, at the cost of drawing disdain among leftists who used to know her

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

to be clear, keffals used to identify strongly as a communist, and even has a photo of herself standing in front of a bookshelf with that has one of the earlier works debunking the myth of the Holodomor (presumably that she had read it), so the issue is that for her to do a 180 and chase after acceptability among the liberal political sphere is a product of her seeking a wider, more moneyed audience, at the cost of drawing disdain among leftists who used to know her

Whaat? I'm shocked.

Contra, Philosophy Tube, that whole ecosystem, none of them had real convictions they were just overeducated fail kids who eventually stopped puttering around and joined the PMC this way instead of finishing law school or whatever when it became possible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I gotta be honest I can't blame anyone for not going hard on "the Holodomor wasn't a genocide" right now. You aren't going to convince anyone and all you'll accomplish is turning yourself into persona non grata anywhere but the shrinking circle of the dedicated online left.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I gotta be honest I can't blame anyone for not going hard on "the Holodomor wasn't a genocide" right now. You aren't going to convince anyone and all you'll accomplish is turning yourself into persona non grata anywhere but the shrinking circle of the dedicated online left.

on the one hand yes

on the other hand you don't have to put yourself in a situation where you have to discuss whether or not the Holodomor was a genocide, unless you really want to

like, you just don't have to talk about it

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Gripweed posted:

or perma'd here

this shouldn't be surprising, and if it is, read some lenin. if you ignore all the rhetoric, your freedom to speak is really a freedom to say things that are compatible with those that have power keeping it. and no, saying 'x is bad' does not actually count as long as your proposed actions are ineffective

Brain Candy has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Feb 9, 2023

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

people want their media figures to lead them to revolution and lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

on the one hand yes

on the other hand you don't have to put yourself in a situation where you have to discuss whether or not the Holodomor was a genocide, unless you really want to

like, you just don't have to talk about it

When you're streaming four hours a day eventually you're gonna run out of topics

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

The Holodomor is a perfect example of a lie going around the world before the truth has a chance to pull it's trousers on - by the time you are even halfway to beginning to explain how the now commonly-accepted version of events came about, anyone who didn't believe you at the start has already tuned out or has become so enraged they won't listen, it's not a hill to die on in most cases, unless someone you trust specifically asks you about it in good faith.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Cookie Cutter posted:

it's not a hill to die on in most cases, unless someone you trust specifically asks you about it in good faith.

100%, picking fights about this is a surefire way of alienating people you might otherwise convince of other positions just because of how poisonous the topic is

It's kinda the opposite of environmentalism, which i see as one of the best innocuous gateway topics for harder questions about the future of capitalism

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

still have prouy never watched a conteapoints video, or this keffals person either for that matter

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
probe FF for posting lovely AI art

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cookie Cutter posted:

The Holodomor is a perfect example of a lie going around the world before the truth has a chance to pull it's trousers on - by the time you are even halfway to beginning to explain how the now commonly-accepted version of events came about, anyone who didn't believe you at the start has already tuned out or has become so enraged they won't listen, it's not a hill to die on in most cases, unless someone you trust specifically asks you about it in good faith.

people should ask about it in the ukraine/russia war thread :getin:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

still have prouy never watched a conteapoints video, or this keffals person either for that matter

swell

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol move over, botw2

https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1623411970157449217

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imo just do it or don't. This poo poo where people have to pout about how people would react if they hypothetically did something is stupid and self-indulgent.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

need a twitter bot that just replies to all these people with the Harrison ford “who gives a poo poo” gif at all times

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"I'm seriously considering doing some poo poo" - someone who is not currently doing that poo poo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

it's not even the biggest game of this quarter what is she talking about

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yes you have

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

*guy whos entire personality is knowing twitter people*

ive never watched a contrapoints video

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
welcome back bud

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Chewbaccanator posted:

100%, picking fights about this is a surefire way of alienating people you might otherwise convince of other positions just because of how poisonous the topic is

It's kinda the opposite of environmentalism, which i see as one of the best innocuous gateway topics for harder questions about the future of capitalism

I think the problem you run into is that, at some point, people need to understand the role of the US in global affairs (and the general way capitalism affects the world as a whole, not just within US borders), and these beliefs generally exist because a person fully believes US propaganda about foreign countries (and thus the US itself to some degree).

When someone doesn't understand this stuff, you inevitably end up running into irreconcilable differences about very important issues (because the way they understand the world is fundamentally flawed to almost the same degree as any other American liberal/conservative).

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

*guy whos entire personality is knowing twitter people*

ive never watched a contrapoints video

"video essays"? no thanks

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crepeface posted:

probe FF for posting lovely AI art

I think its cool.

Adbot