Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ok, I did not expect Vivi to wind up with Morgans (or with Wapol for that matter), I’m still expecting her to hook back up with Luffy and co eventually though

More importantly, is Carue ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gently caress yeah man i love this

i love it so much

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

VIVI! WAPOL?!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:bignews:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zoro's outfit is insanely sick look at that jacket

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

BIG NEWS MORGAN 🔵 @BIGNEWS
Feb 9

BIG NEWS! NAVY SKIRMISH AT EGGHEAD!
EMPEROR STRAWHAT LUFFY
TAKES VEGAPUNK HOSTAGE!

READ MORE: http://www.worldeconomicjournal.gl/bignews

ℹ️ Readers added additional context they thought people might want to know

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Ok, I did not expect Vivi to wind up with Morgans (or with Wapol for that matter), I’m still expecting her to hook back up with Luffy and co eventually though

More importantly, is Carue ok?

Waffleman_ posted:

VIVI! WAPOL?!

It's easy to forget, but After Act 2 of Wano in chapter 956, after Morgans was attacked by that one Cipher Pol agent, he got a phone call from Wapol who wanted to tell him some information

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also didn’t Morgans basically tell the WG to gently caress off a little while back? Why does he suddenly care about making them look better?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 9, 2023

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Looks like Vegapunk's egghead boots are starting to come in vogue for the fashion scene

No I don't know why but it's sort of funny

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Larryb posted:

Also didn’t Morgans basically tell the WG to gently caress off a little while back? Why is he suddenly deciding to spin a story to make them look good?

:10bux:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair enough

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I wonder if there's a reason Luffy seems to be unable to catch his breath and his tongue won't stop Vegapunking. Seems like a bit much for just running around off-panel.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Professor Wayne posted:

I wonder if there's a reason Luffy seems to be unable to catch his breath and his tongue won't stop Vegapunking. Seems like a bit much for just running around off-panel.

He's tapping into Vegapunk's cloud brain with the voice of all things?!
Vegapunk has shrunk himself and is inside a submarine inside Luffy?!
:bignews:

I called it that it was Kuma's soul/memories

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cat Machine posted:

gently caress yeah man i love this

i love it so much

Wait.. Is Lucci awake in this panel or is it a cleaning thing?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Professor Wayne posted:

I was wondering that too. I think the consequences of Gear 5 are starting to catch up to him.

Also drat Zoro got the drip

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm disappointed Vivi isn't on the run with Sabo.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Morgans and Wapol are more fun and interesting than Sabo

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Star Platinum posted:

There's few characters that are less fun and interesting than Sabo. Part of why people wanted Yamato was that he was a better Ace substitute than Sabo.

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
I'm not going in totally blind to the story, but I am doing my first full read through; this panel is really fuckin' cool.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah oda can be a real composition genius sometimes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Star Platinum posted:

There's a very short list of characters who AREN'T more interesting than Sabo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

But I think they are less likely to be central actors in the plot.

MisterDuck posted:

I'm not going in totally blind to the story, but I am doing my first full read through; this panel is really fuckin' cool.

Drum Island is I think the first really great One Piece arc. It's filled with lots of great stuff, this panel included.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Sabo's really cool! I like his fun steampunk design, and his involvement with the Revolutionaries. A rich kid telling his family to gently caress off in the hardest possible terms and joining an armed insurrection to dismantle the power structures that gave him privilege because he saw what it did to his friends on the outside is a really compelling character to me!

His amnesia and late introduction were... not Oda's greatest storytelling moments, but his character design is really good!

Yamato and Sabo are both awesome and I have no idea why you'd have to chose between them.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Sabo has a really cool martial arts style which is all I need. I love Oda's bonkers martial arts in this comic. Fishman Karate, Six Powers, T Bone's right angled swordplay. All great.

I feel like I've made this exact post about Sabo before but I stand by it.

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Karoo is my friend.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eiba posted:

Sabo's really cool! I like his fun steampunk design, and his involvement with the Revolutionaries. A rich kid telling his family to gently caress off in the hardest possible terms and joining an armed insurrection to dismantle the power structures that gave him privilege because he saw what it did to his friends on the outside is a really compelling character to me!

His amnesia and late introduction were... not Oda's greatest storytelling moments, but his character design is really good!

Yamato and Sabo are both awesome and I have no idea why you'd have to chose between them.

Same.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Sabo has a really cool martial arts style which is all I need. I love Oda's bonkers martial arts in this comic. Fishman Karate, Six Powers, T Bone's right angled swordplay. All great.

I feel like I've made this exact post about Sabo before but I stand by it.

Yeah that claw hand fighting style is dope as gently caress. Also like that his weapon of choice is just a pipe.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

sabo fights like patrick swayze in road house which rules

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
They just got to the long island what a stupid funny chapter hahahaha

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Eiba posted:

If Sabo had just not eaten Ace's fruit, he'd be way more acceptable as a presence and it wouldn't feel like he's a way to keep Ace in the story despite Marineford revolving around his execution and eventual death.

Gotta spoiler my post for the sake of the couple newbies still reading through mid-2000s content.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
My bonkers theory of the week is that Vivi will end up eating a water Logia. I base this solely on the fact that she has blue hair.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My bonkers theory of the week is that Vivi will end up eating a water Logia. I base this solely on the fact that she has blue hair.

That'd make her reduntant with Jinbe and Shirahoshi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Delphisage posted:

That'd make her reduntant with Jinbe and Shirahoshi.

Shirahoshi doesn't have water powers, she has summoner powers.

Anyways Vivi and Jinbe can team up, she can turn into water and then Jinbe can toss her at enemies with his Fishman Karate and then Vivi can punch enemies using the momentum from Jinbe's throw.

Literally the Fastball Special.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that whatever relevance vivi has going forward it won't be based on her fighting ability.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think that whatever relevance vivi has going forward it won't be based on her fighting ability.

I still want to see her fight again regardless though (even if it’s just with her standard blades)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I think it should be so that they can finally put her in Pirate Warriors.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Conrad_Birdie posted:

They just got to the long island what a stupid funny chapter hahahaha

hooooorse

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
as seen in this very chapter Vivi's super power is and always has been having fruity vibes and making women swoon, the most powerful abilities a girl can have

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm sorry, but I really hate Vegapunk brand boots. Love the rest of the look, but the boots are wack.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Those boots taking over the fashion scene are based on Astro Boy’s boots.

Anyway Sanji’s drip is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Those boots taking over the fashion scene are based on Astro Boy’s boots.
so are vegapunk's!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

the better bonkers vivi fruit theory is the one that says she gets kuma's fruit eventually, which is based on this

sbs posted:

D: Odacchi! I noticed an amazing thing!!! It is that if you show the Straw Hat Devil Fruit users in numbers, it will be the numbers from 1~10!!

Luffy→Gomu Gomu (5.6.5.6.), Chopper→Hito Hito (1.10.1.10), Robin→Hana Hana (8.7.8.7.), Brook→Yomi Yomi (4.3.4.3.)

(1.3.4.5.6.7.8.10), but there is no (2.9), so is the one who ate the Nikyu Nikyu (2.9.2.9.) no Mi, Bartholomew Kuma, gonna be a Straw Hat next? Please tell me!!! P.N. SHANKUS.LOVE

O: WHAAAAAT?! (shock) Gosh that surprised me! Why was I surprised?! NO COMMENTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! NEXT!!

+ people thinking it's probably cooler if vivi gets it around the time she rejoins the crew rather than one of the other fruitless straw hats getting it

but at this stage kuma being restored somehow during this arc and then outright joining the straw hats himself seems more likely than some weird contrived thing with vivi or anyone else getting the fruit idk