Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Thinkin about Helck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HeckHelck, me too.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Home of everyone looking for corny knowledge.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Helck looks like wholesome Bastard but Gaston instead of Death Metal. Hope it's fun!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do not tarnish Helck with the label of wholesome.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wholesome has a very different meaning than what I'm used to. Normally it doesn't come with flashing warning lights.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not so much warning lights as that it's boring and meaningless now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

heckin wholesome animeroonskie

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like the term wholesome and I wouldn't call Helck "wholesome"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

A certain anime that a lot of people like and get really defensive about is called wholesome a lot despite having a protagonist that has committed at least one war crime. I won't mention its name because then a bunch of people would rush to defend it and try to justify it. I repeat, I'm not going to say its name or give any more details about it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh I guess they're talking about slime lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh i was thinking AoT

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

note: i know nothing about AoT

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh I guess they're talking about slime lol

Oh yeah I stopped watching that around warcrime time. Also it got boring.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh rather than the war crimes the issue i have with slime is the races getting more conventionally attractive when the protag makes them good. like uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

isekai author panicking at the concept of actually having interesting character designs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

isekai author panicking at the concept of actually having interesting character designs

this is literally just that "i'll now buy your product" meme

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

Jesus. I only saw the fail oni transformations, didn't know it got worse lmao.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's even dumber because her brother basically stayed the same. Like be consistent with it at least.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Female Lizardmen for some reason in slime evolve into dragonewts which have always been more human in fantasy works. It's stupid but at least it has an excuse.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

IShallRiseAgain posted:

A certain anime that a lot of people like and get really defensive about is called wholesome a lot despite having a protagonist that has committed at least one war crime. I won't mention its name because then a bunch of people would rush to defend it and try to justify it. I repeat, I'm not going to say its name or give any more details about it.

oh i thought you meant evangelion

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evangelion...wholesome...???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
YOU GET TO WHOLESOME 君らしく 誇らしく 向かってよ

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm sorry I assumed the juxtaposition between "wholesome" and "Bastard!" would be taken in a jokey fashion.

Helck seems like a big fun guy nevertheless and I look forward to his exploits. :lovewcc:

symbolic posted:

An estranged father invites his son to his work in an effort to get closer to the memory of his deceased wife.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 11, 2023

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

I'm sorry I assumed the juxtaposition between "wholesome" and "Bastard!" would be taken in a jokey fashion.

you dont have that kind of credit at this bar tbh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Buddies Daddies made a joke about needing to beep to pay for something and I felt super old

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
helck is real good tho, regardless of this wholesome nonsense

Swilo posted:

he's not nearly ugly enough
he was only ugly babyfaceman in the first chunk of it when the author wasn't as good an artist, they got a lot better though, it really shows in their current series.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Helck becomes more handsome as you, the reader, learn more about him and come to understand and empathize with him.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

As long as Vamirio has good annoyed faces they can draw Helck however they want

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

chumbler posted:

Helck becomes more handsome as you, the reader, learn more about him and come to understand and empathize with him.
Helck was always handsome. Indeed, it was us, the audience, that was ugly inside. :gbsmith:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
From what I remember, Helck starts out as good and funny and transitions to good and upsetting. I wasn't really expecting that much emotional punch in a series that initially looked like it was going to be all goofball antics.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

symbolic posted:

It's as wholesome as AoT

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Farming Life in Another World episode 6 hinted that there might actually be something resembling a plot happening sometime

The isekai protagonist easily killed a powerful wyvern and the nearby kingdoms somehow realised it'd been taken out

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Farming Life in Another World episode 6 hinted that there might actually be something resembling a plot happening sometime

The isekai protagonist easily killed a powerful wyvern and the nearby kingdoms somehow realised it'd been taken out

do not be fooled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/lycoris_recoil/status/1624369212251844608

more lycoris recoil. no surprise given how popular it was

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I need to finish this series. I think I only have a handful of episodes left and it's real good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Patware posted:

do not be fooled

Yeah after a further 30 seconds of reflection I realised that their response is obviously going to be send someone to scope out the situation and by some complete coincidence both kingdoms are going to send sexy ladies who fall in love with the protag and immediately join his harem which is currently at 50+ women

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Quick, call the sexy lady inspectorate hotline, we need someone stat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/lycoris_recoil/status/1624369212251844608

more lycoris recoil. no surprise given how popular it was

sick