Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Ah poo poo I got caught out too today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
IMO if weird scheduling like afternoon games on a holiday, especially a Monday, occur then I'm fine with editing a locked roster.

There's a big difference between not checking at all and forgetting to set a roster entirely, and having a routine to check around dinner and not realizing MLK Jr. Day meant your stars played at 1pm.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

In the spirit of MLK I surely wouldn't oppose a swap for Michael Porter Jr and Myles Turner...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ScooterMcTiny posted:

In the spirit of MLK I surely wouldn't oppose a swap for Michael Porter Jr and Myles Turner...

Gotcha

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

can someone chuck lamelo cj mcollum and trey murphy in idk how this works with dudes who already finished

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ya I'll check all 12 teams shortly and anyone that played an early game I'll slide in.

Edit: Fixed Ghost Dog's players and shifted one for Ho Jim. Someone had a starter on IR but their roster was maxed so I left it for them to sort out.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 17, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kalensc posted:

Ya I'll check all 12 teams shortly and anyone that played an early game I'll slide in.

Edit: Fixed Ghost Dog's players and shifted one for Ho Jim. Someone had a starter on IR but their roster was maxed so I left it for them to sort out.

Thank you!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kalensc posted:

Thanks, I absolutely didn’t check until after work and was like, well gently caress I guess. I might have realized if I got any holidays at my job…

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Giannis missing 4 straight, Jamal being iffy all the time, and Ingram nearing 2 months on the shelf is making me not feel too optimistic about faring well versus the league leader!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The story of the season for me is that all my risky picks have been good (Russ, Kyrie, Palo where I picked him) and all my safe picks have just been completely inconsistent.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat I didn’t want to drop anybody in order to play Keegan Murray from the taxi squad to get his 30ish points, and he had the best game of his career, put up like 80, and I’m only down 15. Rats

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ah gently caress me Luka goes down. Was only a matter of time. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
He'll be back before too long though. I can't believe I'm probably/hopefully gonna get KD back post-All Star break, I can't be upset about the time he's missed because he's been so reliable this year. I thought it'd be load-management hell on back-to-backs etc but nope

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So this week concludes the extended regular season. After Sunday's results are finalized, we'll have our standings for the playoff cross-overs.

Top 4 will have guaranteed top 4 seeds in the playoff bracket (order TBD during cross-overs).

"Orcs Were Setting", "Red Panda", and "Saruman Shoulda" are all locked into top 4 spots (I'm assuming Air Endil can't outscore Saruman by 2050~ points this week to pull ahead in the Points For tiebreaker).

"Balrog Balls", "Air Endil", and "You Tolkien" are duking it out for that fourth guaranteed spot.

Mid 4 will need to win one of their following 2 matchups to make the playoff bracket.

The six teams already listed are assured at least a Mid 4 spot, leaving two more up for grabs. "EricCartman", "8pts 9sec", and "Shadowfax" are battling for those two slots.

Bottom 4 will need to win consecutive matchups to make the playoff bracket. Whoever ends up third among the previous trio will join "Durin All-Star", "Boromir Don't", and "Ho-Jim Boylen" in that qualifier group.

First cross-overs matchup will last 2 weeks due to the ASG falling in the middle.

All teams will have a reason to play every week, usually versus a specific opponent, occasionally in a pod of 4 (when it's purely for seeding etc).

Good luck & hope the trade deadline doesn't end up lowering the USG% of some your hidden gems.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

Good luck & hope the trade deadline doesn't end up lowering the USG% of some your hidden gems.

Great fantasy sign-off and I appreciate all of this.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

:swish:

Cam Thomas is the new superstar and will always score at this rate.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Thanks for all the work you’re putting into make this stuff… work!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

kalensc posted:

(I'm assuming Air Endil can't outscore Saruman by 2050~ points this week to pull ahead in the Points For tiebreaker).
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Rick posted:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ah dang, Luka and OG are OUT so prob not gonna make top 4.

edit AND Garland lol

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick should I be happy about D. Russell moving to the Lakers to replace Russell W.?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

Rick should I be happy about D. Russell moving to the Lakers to replace Russell W.?

It might increase his minutes this season some although maybe decrease his touches. I think it will probably be pretty lateral, ultimately.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Maybe Conley can fix the Go-Bear. Spreading out my roster amongst more teams always pleases me at least.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I remain unreasonably annoyed by this:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

kalensc posted:

I apologize for summoning the Musical Chairs Deal Zone (now with picks setting picks!).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

I remain unreasonably annoyed by this:

lmao I HATE this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Added a couple IR spots for trade deadline purposes. It'll go on monday.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
lol I don't know about anybody else but I burned so much time geeking on trade deadline stuff all morning that I was underwater with procrastinated work all afternoon and completely blanked setting lineups for tonight, good thing there are only a couple of games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm sorry if I had seen this sooner I would have set them up for you.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

I'm sorry if I had seen this sooner I would have set them up for you.

You can do it til the day rolls over at 5am~ edt. I took care of it.

(Air Endil's roster is intimidating thqh)

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Gah. So it’s coming down to the wire re:making the playoffs. Paying close attention to the roster all day. Jalen McDaniels marked out. Put in Torrey Craig, he stunk in his first start but a players a player. Last minute update, McDaniels will play after all! Good thing I’m on the ball let’s swap him in…

Bum rear end Doc Rivers doesn’t give him a minute while Craig gets a double double.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Chronicles posted:

Gah. So it’s coming down to the wire re:making the playoffs. Paying close attention to the roster all day. Jalen McDaniels marked out. Put in Torrey Craig, he stunk in his first start but a players a player. Last minute update, McDaniels will play after all! Good thing I’m on the ball let’s swap him in…

Bum rear end Doc Rivers doesn’t give him a minute while Craig gets a double double.

Everyone makes the qualifiers at minimum.

Just an easier path (or guaranteed spot) the higher up you are ranked after this weekend ends.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sup folks,

Reminder that the only games scheduled today tip off early, so set your lineups.

quote:

As for who is still fighting for what, remember that there's 3 "tiers": top 4, mid 4, bot 4.

Top 4 are all in the 8-team playoff bracket which starts in Week 21 (we are concluding Week 17 right now).

Mid 4 will send at least 2 teams to the bracket.

The final 2 teams will depend on the results of qualifiers, with the remaining 4 teams joining the consolation bracket.

Still up for grabs, pending today's outcomes:

4th spot in Top-4:

Balrog is currently in 4th with 19 Wins and 31.65~k Points For (PF) for the tiebreaker, but they're trailing in their matchup vs You Tolkien by 180 points with just 1 player left. Barring some big waiver moves, they are likely to stay pat on 19 wins.

Speaking of You Tolkien, they're currently 6th with 18 wins and 30.75~k PF. They're fourth place for the weekly scoring, but could slip below the median if other teams go off this afternoon. Projected to reach 20 wins if they hold onto a top-half score for the median win.

Air Endil is the other team in the mix, 5th place with 19 wins and 30.4~k PF. They are having the ultimate Bad Luck Beat this week, scoring 2nd-most (so far) but being matched against EricCartman who has the largest score thus far this week. While they're essentially assured a median win to reach 20 overall, their PF is slightly behind You Tolkien.

3rd and 4th spots in the Mid-4:

The two teams listed above that don't take the Top-4 spot will be the first two teams in the Mid-4. The last two spots have three contenders:

EricCartman has 15 wins, 30.5~k PF, and looks likely to win their matchup and score a median win. It isn't official yet, but they seem like a lock to end today with 17 wins overall.

8 pts 9 seconds has 15 wins, 29.3~k PF, and is slightly trailing Saruman in their weekly matchup with a weekly score that is barely above the median. Today's results will have huge importance for their Mid-4 hopes.

Shadowfax has 14 wins, 29.9~k PF, and is slightly trailing The Orcs this week, and are outside the median. However they have the most players going today with 5, so they have a strong shot at overtaking 8pt9sec for the final Mid-4 spot.

What's Next:

I'll post an image tomorrow that lays out the Qualifiers, since it's clunky in text form but pretty easy to follow in a graphic.

Hope you have a fun Sunday!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Phew! I got lucky last Sunday against erez, I was down 150 or so but Jokic didn’t play so I was able to squeak out a victory. Thanks for continuing to work hard on all the minutiae!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I will say I have been mostly phantom roster reset free the past month or so.

kalensc posted:

You can do it til the day rolls over at 5am~ edt. I took care of it.

(Air Endil's roster is intimidating thqh)

Oh that is cool! I didn’t know.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

The Maestro posted:

Phew! I got lucky last Sunday against erez, I was down 150 or so but Jokic didn’t play so I was able to squeak out a victory. Thanks for continuing to work hard on all the minutiae!

I think i'm gonna lose another squeaker today but this time it's not jokic's fault it's me for not setting my lineup yesterday

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

haha I totally missed the early starts today, We have a cyclone hitting the country this week.

If someone could move Jackson and Stewart off my bench that would be awesome.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Red Rox posted:

haha I totally missed the early starts today, We have a cyclone hitting the country this week.

If someone could move Jackson and Stewart off my bench that would be awesome.

Done!

Set your lineups for tomorrow like normal, you'll have an opponent once I double-check the final results from today (may do it tonight if the Iggies pull away).

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

EmotionlessThug posted:

I think i'm gonna lose another squeaker today but this time it's not jokic's fault it's me for not setting my lineup yesterday

nevermind salute to hamidou diallo for exactly matching json tatum's production

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

EmotionlessThug posted:

nevermind salute to hamidou diallo for exactly matching json tatum's production

That made me so mad hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Remember that this Round will cover 2 full weeks of games (today through the 26th) due to the ASG giving all teams 6 days off in the middle.