Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
New chapter, and everything's, uh, going great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

was waiting for that turn all chapter

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Great job demon u did it, a flawless plan that only a total idiot could find a problem with

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, namari has gone to the world of really long, sexy legs.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

that's it that's the whole manga

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
whoops

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
incredible chapter

waiting two months for the next one is gonna be an eternity

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I'm worried about Namari and everyone else that got taken to the demon dimension, but I'll trust in Laios

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Laios about to eat Laios.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh my god Laios

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Monster-Laios standing there with his chest proudly puffed out while everyone else slowly realizes it's him was gold

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Scallop Eyes posted:

I'm worried about Namari and everyone else that got taken to the demon dimension, but I'll trust in Laios

Don't cry for her. She finally got to meet the longest limbs of all.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

that's it that's the whole manga

I mean I'd resolve to kill my closest friend or longstanding ally if this was their greatest dream.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The only way this story could possibly have ended.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sindai posted:

The only way this story could possibly have ended.

We're definitely getting the "siblings live out their lives as monsters" ending

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Haha oh Winged Lion, you totally misunderstood all of Laios.

Laios is a goofball that loves monsters. You got that wish granted!

He also is way too goodhearted for his own good. Despite him despising humanity he has always been kind to others and they take advantage of him for it. But he has always tried to do good to others.

Finally, he loves a good meal.

If Laios turns into a human eating monster, what is the ONLY ethically sourced meal Laios can eat according to his moral compass?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I think the reason Laios can do this is the lord of dungeon only controls the dungeon’s beasts as long as he’s in the dungeon? The moment he stepped out, Laios was no longer spellbound?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FAT BATMAN posted:

I think the reason Laios can do this is the lord of dungeon only controls the dungeon’s beasts as long as he’s in the dungeon? The moment he stepped out, Laios was no longer spellbound?

I would be pretty disappointed if this was the explanation, since it comes across more as a sort of a "ah, gotcha!" technicality rather than anything character-driven like the aforementioned Laios' morals letting him chow down on the "human" who is also a monster but not his friends

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Can God create a monster that is strong enough to eat God?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

FAT BATMAN posted:

I like this idea because it means the lion will use it's immense powers in the dungeon to raise itself back outside the dome, only for monster Laios to just grab him and yeet him back into the dungeon to try again.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man it sure would suck for that demon if one of Laios' desires for his monster was it being so tough it is completely immune to all magic.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Plus it shits forests. Can't forget that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I would be pretty disappointed if this was the explanation, since it comes across more as a sort of a "ah, gotcha!" technicality rather than anything character-driven like the aforementioned Laios' morals letting him chow down on the "human" who is also a monster but not his friends

But that would be so like Laios to become the monster that fucks with the plan as an unintentional side effect

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

FAT BATMAN posted:

I don't think Laios was actually under the demon's control in the first place.

I think he didn't turn into a human-eating monster, but rather a demon-eating monster: a monster capable of eating the excess mana of an out-of-control dungeon, and then gobbling up the dungeon lord and the physical incarnation of the demon.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Vizuyos posted:

I think he didn't turn into a human-eating monster, but rather a demon-eating monster: a monster capable of eating the excess mana of an out-of-control dungeon, and then gobbling up the dungeon lord and the physical incarnation of the demon.

That would be the COOLEST monster really.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Vizuyos posted:

I don't think Laios would write exactly that, but I can see him writing something like "Can totally eat ~anything!~" and the capability to eat demons being an outcome.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Scholtz posted:

I don't think Laios would write exactly that, but I can see him writing something like "Can totally eat ~anything!~" and the capability to eat demons being an outcome.

There's a cut off bit saying "Evan able...digest" which may hint at him being able to eat magic/demons

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
It'd probably be more funny than Good(TM) but i would die laughing if everything turned out okay because laius' monster design turned out to be really really effective

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Found an interesting Youtube video talking about character design. It's nice to revisit the crew and look at all the old sketches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Hr2_uX73o

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wallrod posted:

It'd probably be more funny than Good(TM) but i would die laughing if everything turned out okay because laius' monster design turned out to be really really effective

I'm definitely down for Laios not actually having a plan or his plan completely misunderstood the situation, but he ends up saving the day anyway accidentally. The Winged Lion already doesn't quite understand mortals, but the gaps in its understanding seem to especially line up with Laios's idiosyncracies.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Raw! Raw! Bite the power!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Y'all ready for a new chapter?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Always.
Im never ready for its contents tho
Arrgh

loving sour grapes rear end in a top hat demon

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 16, 2023

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Only Laios would read about a world devouring, desire consuming demon and go 'Wow, I wonder what desire tastes like. I should add it to my dream monster design.'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
jesus, that two-pager towards the end is just one of the most incredible manga spreads of all time

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I am once again in awe of how the story can go from dramatic to dark to funny and back again without losing any of the qualities in question

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the elves were completely justified in being so hard on dungeons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

RatHat posted:

So the elves were completely justified in being so hard on dungeons?

right in terms of their danger, wrong in terms of treating everyone else as idiot children