Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So they fired a missile, it missed, they don't know where it went, and they don't know if it exploded

Normal things that happen when you're firing at a weather balloon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sleekly posted:

YAY finally its leaking time! suspect the pilot chat was a controlled one

and the most demure leak they could do is two pilots utterly bewildered

what's next

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

yeah like where the gently caress do these missles that never explode go

is this a donnie darko remake

They have a timed self destruct, that fragments go in your yard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Objurium posted:

lol right so the "balloon" either dodged or couldn't get solidly locked up by a Sidewinder huh?

ok.

SKULL.GIF posted:

So they fired a missile, it missed, they don't know where it went, and they don't know if it exploded

Normal things that happen when you're firing at a weather balloon

It's very sneaky trash

stealth trash

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe
those Coleman tents are tricky fuckers

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

guys, it was not designed to shoot slow moving objects, calm down. :smug:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

guys, it was not designed to shoot slow moving objects, calm down. :smug:

Goons on the east coast, slow your walking pace for the next few days

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

why didn't they just tape a sword to a drone

that's probably like a couple hundred bucks compared to 400k

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

sidewinders supposed to fire out bunch of sweet swords like a heavily angel near the trash not explode the trash. there was a description upthread of traditional missiles passing through wind rubbish without making holes big enough to let the gas out.

the way the first piece of chinese firmament litter exploded it for sure got sliced by the air forces biblical blades

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4dWC5WHFw&t=1454s

Can anyone make out what they're saying at the linked time stamp? It sounds like "I know there was a real weird one where we were both [something] on different days," but I couldn't make out the question that that was a reply to. I wonder if they were discussing other incidents they've been involved in?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they bulseye womp rats in those things theyd never miss a floating forceflex 5

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Firing missiles at Canada, eh? I declare Article 5!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

someone post the picture of the ceremonial air force sword my time is too valuable

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Log082 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4dWC5WHFw&t=1454s

Can anyone make out what they're saying at the linked time stamp? It sounds like "I know there was a real weird one where we were both [something] on different days," but I couldn't make out the question that that was a reply to. I wonder if they were discussing other incidents they've been involved in?

"we were both in the same bay" is what I hear

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Normal biblical sweet swords. Plus da fakelains safe us ejon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Saucer Hovers posted:

someone post the picture of the ceremonial air force sword my time is too valuable

this is my favorite of them

Al! has issued a correction as of 01:17 on Feb 14, 2023

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"we were both in the same bay" is what I hear

Ah, that's what I thought I heard the first listen through, so maybe I just tricked myself. Maybe they were just talking about where they parked, lol

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the octaloon's point defense portal sent the first missile to the shadow realm but couldn't recharge in time to stop the second sidewinder

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I don't think the pilot chat was leaked. The Drive is constantly posting the radio talk of pilots doing stuff in America. They've released lots of UFO pilot chat in the past. I'm pretty sure if you have the right equipment you can just listen to that unless the military actively chooses to broadcast it on an encrypted channel which you would think would be standard but apparently isn't.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

D-Pad posted:

I don't think the pilot chat was leaked. The Drive is constantly posting the radio talk of pilots doing stuff in America. They've released lots of UFO pilot chat in the past. I'm pretty sure if you have the right equipment you can just listen to that unless the military actively chooses to broadcast it on an encrypted channel which you would think would be standard but apparently isn't.

given how ramshackle every other facet of this experience has been we should not be surprised that, much like they forgot to flip the "show UFOs" switch on their radar, that they forgot to flip the "encrypt the comms about the UFOs" switch on their radios

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

D-Pad posted:

Yup confirmed from the article:

quote:

Audio recordings courtesy of Mike in Southwest Wisconsin

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Idiot fighter pilots mystified by S K Y T R A S H

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

The MIC has all this money and they can't even get non static filled comms that don't sound like poo poo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's just balloons

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

just send this thing after the balloons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmraDvQVURs&t=40s

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"Listen Fat, the little green men are here and they love America. You should love them back."

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

It's important to remember than everyone everywhere at every level of every organization is perfectly capable and willing to be lazy and incompetent

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

that chain would never stand up to quality tent poles

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/pentagon-memo-canada-small-balloon/index.html

quote:

Defense officials also wrote in the memo to lawmakers that the object shot down over Lake Huron, in Michigan on Sunday, “subsequently slowly descended” into the water after impact.
im subsequently slowly descending into madness after this shitshow

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tekne posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/pentagon-memo-canada-small-balloon/index.html

im subsequently slowly descending into madness after this shitshow

what does that mean

did it fall

was it a controlled descent?!

why is everything phrased in the worst way

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Demilich posted:

The MIC has all this money and they can't even get non static filled comms that don't sound like poo poo.

their real chat is on encrypted channels, this is what they fake for the UFO people

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Frosted Flake needs to give us answers!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what does that mean

did it fall

Sadly it means the sidewinder shrapnel put a few holes in the balloon and it sank down after that

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

what does that mean

did it fall

slowly descended means descended slowly :shrug:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Sadly it means the sidewinder shrapnel put a few holes in the balloon and it sank down after that

id also accept "gigantic tarp"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

id also accept "gigantic tarp"

Your mum's a gigantic tramp

E: sorry I misread

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Frosted Flake needs to give us answers!

Ease of implementation

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Shifty Nipples posted:

slowly descended means descended slowly :shrug:

Yes but what does it mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Slavvy posted:

Your mum's a gigantic tramp

E: sorry I misread

my mother is an orb shaped tramp but a balloon is just a orb shaped tarp i guess