Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

wait law can do Corizons entire power, and then all the other actually useful poo poo? lmao what a fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Law's fruit is absolutely overpowered as gently caress and by no means needed more bullshit abilities, but R-Room's silence kicked rear end. What a great callback to Corazon.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Like, Big Mom's inner monologue where she's raging about how these new upstarts are changing everything, yelling at Roger for inspiring the new wave of upstarts, her frustration at not knowing what the One Piece is, and her declaration that it's not over and she won't die from something like this, right before she's blasted with enough bombs to level a city in a soundproof barrier that won't let her scream in anger, is so powerful to me.

I think it helps that Big Mom feels a lot more, I dunno, human? a multifaceted character? than Kaido.

:agreed:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

starting to get the impression vegapunk is an rear end man from these outfits

When your brain is that big, you understand which aspects of culture are best highlighted.

Dude's definitely not a fellow traveler with Tarantino though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Kidd was there too. he probably helped

Controversial take tbh

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

When your brain is that big, you understand which aspects of culture are best highlighted.

Dude's definitely not a fellow traveler with Tarantino though.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Raws are out for the new chapter. No break next week.

Maybe we could experiment with not posting the speedscans this week and wait for TCB?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mate I was watching Hong Kong subs on DVD box sets I bought on the cheap in Chinatown

Y'all best believe I'm reading speed subs using machine translations

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

people who don't want to read one piece should get their own thread

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Delphisage posted:

Maybe we could experiment with not posting the speedscans this week and wait for TCB?

Imo it doesn’t matter in practice, those scans suck so much there’s not nearly as much discussion for them as for the proper fanscanlations anyway.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Delphisage posted:

The correct weekly reading order for One Piece:
- Erotic Fanfic
- Fanfic
- Speed scans
- Good scans
- Official

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Two weeks ago I realized out why law chose the name heart pirates. i'm so smart.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oddium posted:

people who don't want to read one piece should get their own thread

right, so the speedscan readers should make another thread for "one part" lol

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If y'all don't like speed scan discussions so much why don't you just check out till the scans YOU like come out?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Caidin posted:

If y'all don't like speed scan discussions so much why don't you just check out till the scans YOU like come out?

Because by that point the discussion is gunshot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"You're reading your illicitly translated manga wrong"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
All I'm saying is don't brag about how awesome your limewire download is. It's 2023, you should at least respect yourself enough to get it from Pirate Bay.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Gyges posted:

All I'm saying is don't brag about how awesome your limewire download is. It's 2023, you should at least respect yourself enough to get it from Pirate Bay.

What if I can't find the right Pirate Bay among all the impersonators?

Rhetorical question - they're all impersonators.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 15, 2023

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There should only be spoiler bars in this thread for two days max, we shouldn’t even allow discussion of the good scans until noon EST on Friday’s, otherwise the thread is an absolute disgusted cesspit of spoiler bars

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Delphisage posted:

I'm personally okay with how the thread's been going:

- don't discuss the raws/spoilers at all outside of "they are online now" and whether or not there's a break next week
- spoiler discussion starts with the lovely speedscans and better scanlations
- all bets are off once the official chapter is up

As long as people are being good with spoilers, the mass of black bars really doesn't bother me. But that's just me!

Infinitum posted:

Mate I was watching Hong Kong subs on DVD box sets I bought on the cheap in Chinatown

Roof Piece is canon, Oda does it again.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 15, 2023

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

I'm personally okay with how the thread's been going:

- don't discuss the raws/spoilers at all outside of "they are online now" and whether or not there's a break next week
- spoiler discussion starts with the lovely speedscans and better scanlations
- all bets are off once the official chapter is up

As long as people are being good with spoilers, the mass of black bars really doesn't bother me. But that's just me!
Same.

Speed scans are out Wednesday, TCB is out Thursday/Friday. That's one or two days of very light discussion you're missing/filling this thread up with black bars, if you want to skip out on the speed scan. Not too much to avoid, or even to go back and read if you like getting all the One Piece discussion you can.

That said, if the thread does decide to only discuss TCB scans I'd understand. I'd just want to know where people actually find the lovely scans in that case 'cause I'm relying on the folks here for that!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

No Wave posted:

Two weeks ago I realized out why law chose the name heart pirates. i'm so smart.

its because he's a surgeon, duh

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lets ask them to make different colored spoiler bars so we know if we are spoilering speed scans, tcb, or just in general spoilers when newbies come into the thread

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Roofie the monkey??

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Scholtz posted:

Roofie the monkey??

The prequel to Cocaine Bear.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the badly translated speedscans suck but if y'all want to talk about them I'm not going to cry about having to avoid some spoiler bars for a whole day, oh the humanity.

If I really want to be part of ~the discourse~ then I'll just go a page or two back, it's fine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scholtz posted:

Roofie the monkey??

Monch D Roof

Lia Bu

Zoro is Suron
Sanji is Sunkist

I have a bunch of the hong kong boxsets stored somewhere at my Dad's place, I'll try to remember to dig em out next time I'm over.
They're amazingly bad, but it was one of the only ways to get One Piece in bulk back in the day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Monch D Roof

Lia Bu

Zoro is Suron
Sanji is Sunkist

I have a bunch of the hong kong boxsets stored somewhere at my Dad's place, I'll try to remember to dig em out next time I'm over.
They're amazingly bad, but it was one of the only ways to get One Piece in bulk back in the day.

Lol

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Shut up. What?" sounds like a YouTube abridged Nami.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
That was somehow the version of One Piece I watched first. They called Crocodile Clock Dell. It was great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

my parents boyfriend posted:

That was somehow the version of One Piece I watched first. They called Crocodile Clock Dell. It was great.

That's the one. There's only a handful of examples only if you search for the Hong Kong subs.

Honestly if I still had a DVD player in my PC (:lol:) I'd be down for grabbing them and ripping the sub files out.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Infinitum posted:

That's the one. There's only a handful of examples only if you search for the Hong Kong subs.

Honestly if I still had a DVD player in my PC (:lol:) I'd be down for grabbing them and ripping the sub files out.

lmao

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Infinitum posted:

That's why I once pushed for folks to wait until the official release but I'm in the minority.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

letting people talk about the bad scans here keeps them from talking about them in other places like reddit and slowly absorbing whatever crap they talk about there, so its a form of community harm reduction really

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
I don't live anywhere near a theater that was showing Film Red and if I want to see it officially I have to wait until, bare minimum, June. That's 11 months after its premiere.

Infinitum posted:

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Do not pursue lia Bu.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I have an army of 8000 hymen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Is posting spoilers in this thread actually against the forum rules? Pretty sure we had several years where posting spoilers here was routine, way longer than it's been "unacceptable".

Tolth fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 15, 2023