Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LvK posted:

ah, yeah, that explains it

Here's a less broken link: https://archello.com/product/water-map

As far as I can tell, it's a)meant to be the streets of london, b)is being marketed towards architects, so presumably an end audience of snooty artsy-wannabe rich folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Haifisch posted:

Here's a less broken link: https://archello.com/product/water-map

As far as I can tell, it's a)meant to be the streets of london, b)is being marketed towards architects, so presumably an end audience of snooty artsy-wannabe rich folk.

Get some water in the wrong holes, and you can experience the Broad Street Pump for your very self.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

the windows are really bugging me in this place

It's called a laser microphone or a Buran, OP, not a bug.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phanatic posted:

The USA isn't the only country that can severely gently caress up infrastructure projects:

https://www.railtech.com/all/2023/02/07/layoffs-at-adif-and-renfe-after-design-debacle-train-too-big-for-tunnels/?gdpr=accept

("Why don't they just widen the tunnels?")
The error was found before they built any trains and some people have been fired over it, what kind of mirror world is this.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

source claims this condo is valued at 7.5 million

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nitrox posted:

The windows? Not corrugated metal on the kitchen ceiling?

And my personal favorite, how every drywall seam on the second floor is visible from space. That is a normal thing you can expect when nailing drywall to the rafters with zero insulation.

That's on old attic space that was drywalled.

Part of the reason that the drywall is so visible are the soot lines visible on each roof joist, some coinciding with drywall joints. So something furnishing heat in that house is defective, or set-up wrong (and a CO hazard)...or the POs really liked Glade Plug-Ins or keeping dozens of Yankee scented candles lit all day every day.

`Nemesis posted:

Doctor, I'm up all night, pissing!

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 15, 2023

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Piss Bed: the Bed That Pisses

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

`Nemesis posted:

worth every penny for the Females, they love water dropping on rocks

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

`Nemesis posted:

Is that a leaking water bed? Because I can’t think of any other explanation.

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010
Falling Water is a house impossible to maintain....let's bring it to the inside :getin:

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

That's on old attic space that was drywalled.

Part of the reason that the drywall is so visible are the soot lines visible on each roof joist, some coinciding with drywall joints. So something furnishing heat in that house is defective, or set-up wrong (and a CO hazard)...or the POs really liked Glade Plug-Ins or keeping dozens of Yankee scented candles lit all day every day.

There's also dirt/soot on the back wall. Very weird. Maybe a bad job trying to cover up cigarette smoke?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zopotantor posted:

Is that a leaking water bed? Because I can’t think of any other explanation.

it's an intentional design choice, it's connected to the plumbing to create the effect

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

`Nemesis posted:

it's an intentional design choice, it's connected to the plumbing to create the effect

Gray water or straight sewage?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

This condo showed up recently in either this thread or another thread. It is some architect’s (or maybe artist) delusion of a home. There is a YouTube video of an interview with the guy from like 10 years ago when he first design it. Apparently he didn’t like the look of the radiators, so he ripped them all out. Then when winter came and he was borderline hypothermic due to it being 40 degrees inside the place, he put them back in.

/edit: Found the pretentious YouTube video. It’s architect David Ling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDieZeQf7aA

Orvin fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 15, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

These are all clearly photoshopped images? I don't get it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Leperflesh posted:

These are all clearly photoshopped images? I don't get it.

there's video of it one post above yours

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Orvin posted:

This condo showed up recently in either this thread or another thread. It is some architect’s (or maybe artist) delusion of a home. There is a YouTube video of an interview with the guy from like 10 years ago when he first design it. Apparently he didn’t like the look of the radiators, so he ripped them all out. Then when winter came and he was borderline hypothermic due to it being 40 degrees inside the place, he put them back in.

architects are the goddamned worst

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Wait that was intentional? I thought the floor had collapsed but the bed miraculously stayed up.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The architecture that shows up in this thread has, at best, the same kind of relationship to actual buildings that modern fashion has to clothing people are willing to wear, viz. they are things that look kind of like livable spaces but they have sacrificed everything practical in the name of a specific, and very strange, aesthetic vision.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I had to turn it off after a minute. If I wanted to watch a dude jerk off on camera there are more direct services available for that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah like I have no problem with someone living however they want in their home but this dude is, via the video and otherwise, promoting a bunch of stuff as acceptable/good when it's just flagrantly, unacceptably dangerous, and actively destroying the building he claims he wants to keep using. Those photos still look like they're at least partially shopped, maybe they were concept photos to start with or maybe the photographer went out of their way to impose foreground and background components both in focus with a really deep depth of field to make them look surreal and bad.

Like in this photo:

The nearest corner of the bed and the couch below the bed are both in sharp focus. They may have done layer stacking to do that but it makes it look like the sheet metal thing on the left is just pasted right onto the rocks down below, like it's sitting on them. To get the water to show up they took a long exposure and probably had to shop/layer that into the image as well, since the lighting is otherwise too bright? There's a tiny wooden chair against the sheet metal in one place which tells us it's in the background but then the sheet metal appears to be directly against the bed, which is in the foreground... it's nausea-inducing.

They did the same thing again here:

The chair in the foreground I think has been pasted back in as a new layer in order for it to be in focus at the same time as the peeling back wall, and again a long exposure for the water effect.

I hate it. I hate the home, I hate the bullshit, and I hate this photography a lot.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
How the hell does that place not have mold and mildew everywhere with that much humidity in the air?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

kid sinister posted:

How the hell does that place not have mold and mildew everywhere with that much humidity in the air?

What makes you think it doesn't? Maybe this is why all the paint is peeling.

But in reality, it helps to have a wide open ventilated area. At least I hope it's ventilated.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/streets_gotham/status/1625597164326985731

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

MrYenko posted:

Remember kids;

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Im the load bearing C clamp.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

`Nemesis posted:

Typically "bed-wetting" involves the person in the bed, not the bed itself.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My favorite thing about the waterfall bed is how lovely the falling water looks. He probably just drilled some scattered holes in a run of PVC and called it good. If you actually had a good and even distribution of water it would look marginally better, or at least that you know what you're doing.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Same. Gives it a basement pool vibe. Maybe that's what he's going for

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sagebrush posted:

I'm an architect and my eyeballs rolled out of my head watching that

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

#notallarchitects

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Sloppy posted:

I'm an architect and my eyeballs rolled out of my head watching that

I'm a contractor and I knew better than to turn the volume on.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Danhenge posted:

There's also dirt/soot on the back wall. Very weird. Maybe a bad job trying to cover up cigarette smoke?

Nah, that pattern is not tobacco tar. That will make thin brown lines in all corners & apexes & be showing as little brown dots all over the bathroom ceiling.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Orvin posted:

I’m shocked that he didn’t burn the place down and/or die of carbon monoxide poisoning from trying to heat the space with alternative memes.

e: “means”, but too funny to remove

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 17, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Leperflesh posted:

Those photos still look like they're at least partially shopped, maybe they were concept photos to start with or maybe the photographer went out of their way to impose foreground and background components both in focus with a really deep depth of field to make them look surreal and bad.

Like in this photo:

The nearest corner of the bed and the couch below the bed are both in sharp focus. They may have done layer stacking to do that but it makes it look like the sheet metal thing on the left is just pasted right onto the rocks down below, like it's sitting on them. To get the water to show up they took a long exposure and probably had to shop/layer that into the image as well, since the lighting is otherwise too bright?

You’re overthinking it. Stop the camera down to like f/45. Long shutter opening naturally follows.

Everything is blurry poo poo with an aperture that small, but it’s equally blurry poo poo. We have a two megapixel photo here and there isn’t even two megapixels of actual detail there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well what I'm getting at is I hate this choice and the photo makes me sick and so I want to sidle up to this photographer and casually accidentally knock over his tripod and watch his expensive poo poo get broken as revenge for inflicting this crap on the world

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:dogcited:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ecuador-turns-surfeit-seized-cocaine-into-concrete-2023-02-17/

quote:

Ecuador turns surfeit of seized cocaine into concrete

quote:

Though seizures in 2022 dropped slightly, they remained high and quantities exceed the available space at 27 police warehouses where the drug is kept before being destroyed, officials said.

The record amounts also exceed the capacity of the ovens normally used for incineration, Edmundo Mera, undersecretary for Drug Control at Ecuador's Interior Ministry, told Reuters.

Now the country is using some of the excess cocaine in construction materials.

quote:

Using the so-called encapsulation method, with support from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Ecuador pulverizes seized bricks of cocaine in industrial machines with other refuse at a waste disposal plant before mixing the resulting fine powder with cement, sand and water to create concrete platforms.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tired: super tall buildings

Wired: super high buildings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Coke-crete?

How long before some highschool kids start chipping off pieces of concrete pulverizing and snorting them?