Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ShakeZula posted:

Combined with his comment about Bryce Young looking pretty good at the press conference yesterday, it appears Irsay has decided to throw out a little bit of bait for the media

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1625858773012336643

it is insane to see 'old timey' pictures like this that aren't even that long ago and its just a kid riding on a god drat bear and no one was worried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Turns out Irsay was the inspiration for Cocaine Bear

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1625914417992040449

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Considering he’s probably in dress shoes, I’m going to say Bryce measures like 5’10 3/4 and 190 at the combine then.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
kimes is just under 5'3, wearing 4 inch heels, so she's just below 5'7ish. bryce young is 3 inches taller than her but wearing 2 inch tall shoes so that makes him 5'9 and a half, exactly the height of someone who lies about his height

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hope the Bears trade down for a kings ransom because Justin Fields freaking owns and he deserves a good team :)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I hope the Bears trade down for a kings ransom because Justin Fields freaking owns and he deserves a good team :)

ive already laid out what's going to happen.
1>2 , add 33rd overall + next year's first
2>4, add 35th overall + next year's first
4>7, add 38th overall + next year's first
draft that badass northwestern offensive tackle in first round, then speedy hyatt guy in 2nd and some more offensive line.
then next year they'll have 4 top 10 picks including 3 of the top 5

anything else will be a failure

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts might trade up to 1 if they feel strongly about a QB, but I think if they don't go to 1 then they're staying at 4.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

ive already laid out what's going to happen.
1>2 , add 33rd overall + next year's first
2>4, add 35th overall + next year's first
4>7, add 38th overall + next year's first
draft that badass northwestern offensive tackle in first round, then speedy hyatt guy in 2nd and some more offensive line.
then next year they'll have 4 top 10 picks including 3 of the top 5

anything else will be a failure

This would get Carter in a Cardinals jersey, so I think it's the best move for the sake of the Bears. Turn them into the OKC Thunder but for the NFL.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Utter lie. Bryce doesn't even come up to the top of Kyler's head. He's like 5'8.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Doltos posted:

Utter lie. Bryce doesn't even come up to the top of Kyler's head. He's like 5'8.

The Draw Play's Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray joke is becoming the anatomical standard.

2023 NFL Draft: Short Kings and Shorter Kimes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the bigger concern is that Mina is pretty slender and he does not look like a powerful dude standing beside her.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I think the bigger concern is that Mina is pretty slender and he does not look like a powerful dude standing beside her.

Did you see Trevor during the Pro Bowl? He looked lanky without pads and the dude can SLING it. I wouldn't stress that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mastershakeman posted:

that makes him 5'9 and a half, exactly the height of someone who lies about his height

honesty without compassion is brutality

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When is the combine so we can know for sure Bryce is 5'6

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

indigi posted:

honesty without compassion is brutality

Brutalities were pretty sick in Mortal Kombat.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When is the combine so we can know for sure Bryce is 5'6

It's in two weeks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fennesz posted:

Did you see Trevor during the Pro Bowl? He looked lanky without pads and the dude can SLING it. I wouldn't stress that.

Yeah but he's 6-6 210-220. The dudes a lot bigger.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I met Jay Feely years ago at a Cardinals draft party next to the stadium out in Glendale. We talked Michigan football for about ten minutes and I felt like the Big Show standing next to him.

He’s 5’10” and i’m just a smidge under 6’6”.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's just weird to me that Mina is like no wait I'm 5'7, and I was wearing 4 inch heels!! He's 5'11-6'0 easily!! when none of that is true. It's almost like she got a cease and desist.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How do you know what shoes she was wearing?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How do you know what shoes she was wearing?

Because she lists her height at 5'7 and with 4 inch heels that would put Bryce Young at 5'11 when pics like this exist:

He looks like he's 2-3 inches taller than Saban (5'6), 1 inch shorter than Kyler (5'10) and two inches shorter than Bennett (5'11) which just makes no sense that she's trying to act like he's taller?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Colts might trade up to 1 if they feel strongly about a QB, but I think if they don't go to 1 then they're staying at 4.

Yeah, they won't trade with Houston and there's no point in trading up one spot to 3. I don't think the Cards trade out of there anyway.

I figure if the Colts fall in love with one of the QBs after working them out they'll trade up, otherwise if they think they can live with any of them they'll stand pat.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doltos posted:

Because she lists her height at 5'7 and with 4 inch heels that would put Bryce Young at 5'11 when pics like this exist:

He looks like he's 2-3 inches taller than Saban (5'6), 1 inch shorter than Kyler (5'10) and two inches shorter than Bennett (5'11) which just makes no sense that she's trying to act like he's taller?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

4 inch heels don't actually raise your height by 4 inches. That'd put her at closer to just under 5'9" which seems like it checks out for Young being somewhere around 5'9" to 5'10" given these comparison pictures.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao the Saban pic is the nail in the coffin.

Good luck with that one yall

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bryce Young gonna measure in at 6'4 and it'll turn out he's just been kneeling the entire time with his shoes on his knees.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

4 inch heels don't actually raise your height by 4 inches. That'd put her at closer to just under 5'9" which seems like it checks out for Young being somewhere around 5'9" to 5'10" given these comparison pictures.

I don't know enough about womens fashion to dispute this but it feels wrong

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Rex Ryan is returning to the NFL and suddenly we can't stop talking about Mina Kimes' feet

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Rex Ryan is returning to the NFL and suddenly we can't stop talking about Mina Kimes' feet

Just the way he'd like it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

an increase in height when you go on your "tippy toes" is from how far the ankle is raised from the floor compared to normal. :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cavauro posted:

an increase in height when you go on your "tippy toes" is from how far the ankle is raised from the floor compared to normal. :)

This is pulled from Rex Ryan's home page, so you know it's accurate

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maybe Bryce young can wear lifts and weird pants like Robert Downey Jr. Srs google it. Iron Man wears high heels literally all the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bryce Young putting some time in on the rack before the combine.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just get him a couple of phone books so he can see over his OL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'd take Bryce Young on the Bucs in an instant.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I'd take Bryce Young on the Bucs in an instant.

I really like him from what I've seen and don't give much of a poo poo about his size. Couple years in an nfl program and he'll either make it or he won't.

I mean who's the last first round qb that died from injuries and not being complete dogshit? Cam after almost a decade? Sam Bradford? Rg3 when his knee completely detonated?

None of those guys were as a result of their frame.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tua?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats kinda his dome getting smashed in. I guess a smaller dude is more likely to get poo poo whipped? Potentially?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Thats kinda his dome getting smashed in. I guess a smaller dude is more likely to get poo poo whipped? Potentially?

Different types of players and he doesn't need to run to make his game work (plus he's just way better), but this made me think he's smaller than Pat White who just got erased out of the league in one hit.

There's no reason to believe he'd be the same, just, that's where my mind goes with smallish guys. That's the worry. On the other hand that guy seems to do everything in the world right other than being bigger than he is.