Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I did but I don't think I'll be doing so again on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mega64 posted:

Having the first WarioWare game on Switch is pretty loving good. I remember sinking so much time into the GBA version.

I think the classic one and wario ware twisted were my favorite ones. Touched was also good but it felt more simple/less replayable

And the other ones are just a blip to me. Special shout out to wario ware gold but yeah you're pretty much just playing the same mini games you've played before

I still haven't tried the Switch one, I'll have to get it at some point

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Switch one is kinda weak but is still good fun. I’d put it above Touched at least

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

The Switch one is kinda weak but is still good fun. I’d put it above Touched at least

get it together is designed for multiplayer and is best experienced that way but it's kinda funny that none of the versus mode type stuff can hold a candle to mega party games

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Just bought an oled switch, chained echoes fuckin rules and everyone should get it

thank you in advance

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Looper posted:

get it together is designed for multiplayer and is best experienced that way but it's kinda funny that none of the versus mode type stuff can hold a candle to mega party games

Oof it's that bad huh? I'll wait for a sale

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The switch Wario Ware rules. The many playable characters make replaying micro-games a fresh experience.

It’s also mostly physics based compared to previous WarioWare entries.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
was it the Wii one that's usually considered the best? the GBA one owns and I am having a ton of fun with it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Physics based does sound more interesting than just focusing around pressing the a button in various different ways

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Palmtree Panic posted:

It’s also mostly physics based compared to previous WarioWare entries.

Breath of the Wario

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Twisted is my favorite but Smooth Moves is great too

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

postmodifier posted:

Just bought an oled switch, chained echoes fuckin rules and everyone should get it

thank you in advance

Played through it on Christmas break and loved every minute!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Chained echoes was my next game but theaterythmn and fire emblem took priority then mh prime happened. I'll probably grab Metroid prime when I get paid next and CE sometime next month.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

was it the Wii one that's usually considered the best? the GBA one owns and I am having a ton of fun with it

I usually hear people say Twisted is the best but I've never played it

And yeah I'm having a blast with this one and I think I'll get all the flowers again

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re adding Kirby Tilt N Tumble so I would expect Twisted to be added eventually

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ExcessBLarg! posted:

In general there's two issues with Switch updates being inefficient:
  • Any updated files are installed alongside the base version of that file, even though the updated version completely supersedes it.
  • Unity-engine games pack all their assets into a single resource file, so a slight change to a single asset can require an update to all the assets.
The combination of these two things means that there's a decent number of Switch games that are twice the size of, say, their Steam equivalents because they contain two copies of the Unity resources file, because somewhere along the way a single asset might've been updated. It's also annoying when later Switch physical releases that-contain-all-updates-at-the-time-of-printing end up with a giant update because of a small bug fix for the above reasons.

loving hell, I didn't know this; I'm especially shocked at how any update doesn't override the original data and just exists alongside it. That's bullshit.

I want to assume that steam is different, but is it?

Edit:

Tender Bender posted:

Breath of the Wario

Garlic Breath of the Wild

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I finally beat Returnal for the PS5 and I'm free! Free to play something else!!

I've never played Metroid Prime before and I love everything Metroid. Looks like I'm gonna dive in the remaster. People are saying the the game and remaster are both A+ amazing.

Thread agree?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just play it op it is epic

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Metroid Prime is one the greatest games ever made, so 100% yes.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rolo posted:

I've never played Metroid Prime before and I love everything Metroid. Looks like I'm gonna dive in the remaster. People are saying the the game and remaster are both A+ amazing.

Thread agree?

You..... you love everything Metroid and haven't played Prime?! :psyduck:

I'm a passable Metroid fan (I love SM, and.... that's it? Haven't played many others) and even I love Metroid Prime. It's wonderful.

I truly envy you going into what some consider to be the best game in the series, with fresh eyes. Savour it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

Having the first WarioWare game on Switch is pretty loving good. I remember sinking so much time into the GBA version.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You..... you love everything Metroid and haven't played Prime?! :psyduck:

I'm a passable Metroid fan (I love SM, and.... that's it? Haven't played many others) and even I love Metroid Prime. It's wonderful.

I truly envy you going into what some consider to be the best game in the series, with fresh eyes. Savour it.

Hell yeah, I never really had my own Gamecube and always put off emulating it. Let's gooooooo I love that "about to get into something good" feeling.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Metroid Prime is definitely the best 3D hollowknightlike

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rolo posted:

Thread agree?
:agreed:

I just played through it for the first time and it was great.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you haven't played Metroid Prime, play Metroid Prime.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I made a wishlist of my wishlist. I didn't go through Deku Deals, it's a good site, but I'm really trying to hard less of a presence online when I can help it. Besides it's more about keeping track of certain things, like what I get physical or what I get digitally, what I buy for portable play and what I get for my more limited but longer screen-time sessions.

From what everyone says I'm going to like FE: Engage. What I'm curious about is the button set-up. I'd imagine it's fully d-pad accessible with the right stick controlling the camera? Or do you need to use the left-stick? It doesn't matter, it's turn-based so it's not like your mashing things.

Once I finish Phoneotopia, I'll get Omori as my handheld game, then Octopath 2 as a physicsl trade-in, which I'll swap for Kirby, if Live a Live isn't able to be gotten physically, before maybe eventually getting Pokémon Snap (it and Kirby being screen games).

Screen games are otherwise going to be Tunic, Neon White, then Metroid Prime, maybe Anodyne 2 before Metroid.

Considering getting Prime, Advance Wars, FE: Engage, Zelda, and Pikmin 4 all digitally since I think I'll want to keep them and the latter two are pretty much drop-everything-on-release-to-play sort of games.

If I can get through some of these this year alone I'll be happy, but my goodness the system is stacked and this is just the tip of my Wishlist-iceberg. I'm obviously prioritizing a lot of new things but it's just crazy how many great things are being released.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Theatrhythm just unlocked for me LETS GOOO

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

If you haven't played Metroid Prime, play Metroid Prime.

Yes, this is good advice. furthermore, if you haven't played Returnal, play Returnal (available on steam now). Two great games where you are a space lady running around blasting everything

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

I'm gonna be so busy for the foreseeable future

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Amazon, this better be a loving joke

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Astro7x posted:

Amazon, this better be a loving joke

owned lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rageaholic posted:

It's seriously one of the best looking Switch games.

I have seriously stopped playing it because I don't want it to end, maybe I'll just keep restarting new games or something

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rolo posted:

Thread agree?

I'm so envious.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

These people are still out here buying physical copies when I've got a physical copy of all my Switch games on a single SDHC

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Physical copies own because I have friends.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You also appear to be 12

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Garlic Breath of the Wild

Lol. We need an open world wario just for this thread title

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like to place my physical copies on a shelf

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like how all the switch boxes look lined up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I like the visual reminder that I’m a Grown Adult Man with a Grown Adult Income that can spend it all on videogames if I want to