Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ah, the map. That's how you know you're deep in the midst of things.

That final page is magnificent. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Elder Star is there, they outrank vegapunk right? although possibly Vegapunk gave himself a backdoor and outranks even the elder stars and this is... some sort of scam in the end?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the implication is just that one of the vegapunks is a traitor (presumably compromised long ago by the world government?), saturn hasn't arrived at egghead yet he's just on the way

that im video does make a pretty plausible argument that the national treasure doflamingo talked about was just im themself, and that his plan was just to use the ope ope no mi to steal im's body, but then the speculation gets way wilder and less coherent

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Imu-sama" what a dork

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait for Zoro to use Kaku as a sword.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lih posted:

the implication is just that one of the vegapunks is a traitor (presumably compromised long ago by the world government?), saturn hasn't arrived at egghead yet he's just on the way

I think it's because the wording in this translation just says "vegapunk" but at first I thought it meant that the main Stella body is the traitor, and he's not missing but hiding or controlling behind the scenes. It makes more sense that its one of the other ones tho

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Eiba posted:

Her jacket and boots are great.

That's all I can say.

her not getting a full body outfit of those screams "no fight on this island for me"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5635/one-piece-chapter-1075

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I would have immediately put down Shaka as the most likely traitor but by all appearances he seems genuinely panicked about what's going on so

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"What kinda attack just bounces things back!?" says the man whose captain is made of rubber

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I would have immediately put down Shaka as the most likely traitor but by all appearances he seems genuinely panicked about what's going on so

All of the Vegapunks seem either oblivious or pissed, Lilith included, so I don't feel like it's any of them. OG Vegapunk could have been forced into ordering the attack, but it's probably someone else - a covert shadowy figure that can quickly disable cameras doesn't fit anyone on the scene that I can think of right now.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
you know oda's going off when he brings out the building diagram

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

It'll be Pythagoras. Detachable head = body can likely be in one position and his head not being tracked in another

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

christ I know these are considered the "good" scans but they are the worst in terms of loving slamming you with lovely ads

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
The Paths of Punks really aren't clever if they made the Pacifistas incapable of recieving conflicting orders from each other. That's just a recipe for stepping over each other's toes.

Hoping it turns out to be Shaka who's the turncoat. Making it Lilith would lead to a retread of Usopp vs Sugar.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Maybe there's another, secret satellite.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat, what a good chap!!

I think one of the Five Elder Stars has snuck in, somehow. Perhaps using some secret technology from the past, or that Vegapunk gave them and forgot about. I don't see one of the Vegapunks betraying the others, and it wouldn't make sense anyway, they all have equal authority over the seraphim, but they can't override whoever gave the orders.

Anyway, hell yeah reluctant teamup! This is a much better way to use CP0 than a rematch.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Eiba posted:

Her jacket and boots are great.

That's all I can say.

it legit takes me out of the scene when i see her dressed like this and am meant to take it seriously. at least with the beast pirates outfit that was a bit of a gimmick, they're all dressed like barbarians with little care for civilization. it genuinely messed up the moment of her learning about saul/ohara earlier in the arc for me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's clearly Amoo D. Gus

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Also all the Vegapunks share the same brain so they would instantly know the traitor

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Bisse posted:

Also all the Vegapunks share the same brain so they would instantly know the traitor

Not necessarily, they link up once a day to resync, so one of them could've gotten info between the last sync and now that made them go sus

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I bet it's York. Getting turned into stone was a convenient cover and she probably feels resentment at her only job being eating, sleeping, and making GBS threads while the rest get to do all the cool science stuff

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guy A. Person posted:

christ I know these are considered the "good" scans but they are the worst in terms of loving slamming you with lovely ads

Get an adblocker. Ublock Origin is working great for me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
here are my stupid thoughts: bonney or stussy are actually the vegapunk that gave the orders.

bonney is already trying to kill vegapunk, so it would make sense. probably the most likely option.

stussy being a vegapunk only because for some reason the two hawaiian shirt strawhats went with her. this theory makes no sense, but im wondering why oda gave them such out of place outfits

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's gonna be some secret vegapunk clone or android or whatever that was deemed a failure and sentenced to the trash can or get locked in a pod thats now loving things up, mad scientists are always leaving these things around

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I kind of liked Sanji's wording better in the lovely scans. It was probably less accurate, but more funny. "Can you call me your dog?" "As long as you can find the Stella for me, silly" vs "Consider me your loyal dog!" "Just keep your eyes out for the Stella, silly."

CharlestonJew posted:

I bet it's York. Getting turned into stone was a convenient cover and she probably feels resentment at her only job being eating, sleeping, and making GBS threads while the rest get to do all the cool science stuff
I was thinking on a reread how that was actually pretty good cover if it was her, but she's totally got the cushiest most enviable job! Napping and eating all day!

It's a pretty intriguing mystery.

Lilith and Shaka have both ordered the Seraphim to stop and they haven't, so I think that makes them way less likely. They could have programed them to disregard future orders but that's a bit convoluted.

One interesting detail is that Edison is supposed to have ordered the Seraphim to wait outside. Another Vegapunk can't countermand those orders, based on Stussy being unable to countermand other CP0 orders. That kind of makes Edison the most likely culprit if it is one of the Vegapunks. It's not hard proof though 'cause Edison might have just said "wait here until you get further orders" or something.

Pythagoras, like York, could have set up an early attack on themselves to throw off suspicion, and the head trick makes it plausible.

But here's an interesting scenario- what if there are two "traitors" with different motives. Specifically, S-Bear and S-Hawk are only going after Lucci and Kaku. What if Atlas is pissed at CP0 and out for revenge and Luffy, Zoro, and Shaka are only getting caught in the crossfire as they defend CP0. I feel like Atlas would prefer to be more hands on with her violence, though.

But setting aside opportunity, the motive is kind of perplexing. This is why I think it's least likely to be the Stella. Why would he go through all this trouble to get the Strawhats to rescue him only to commit suicide in this convoluted way? If he's being threatened by an outsider, we'd have to explain how an outsider got through the barrier, and more importantly, be introducing a new character to solve a mystery, which would be kinda lame.

I think Good and Evil are less suspect 'cause they tried to give orders to stop the Seraphim, so that leaves Thinking, Wisdom, Violence, and Greed. like I said, I'd think Atlas would want to be more hands on. Conceptually, Greed makes some sense, if she wants to be the only Vegapunk. Edison or Pythagoras would be interesting. Either would imply that Vegapunk has on some level realized his escape and continued existence would just make things worse.

Any one of them could have also been threatened or persuaded by a third party, but maybe they could have been persuaded via secret transmission or something that gave them new information, rather than being physically threatened by another party in the Labosphere.

So after all those :words: who do I think it is?

Saturn. Kizaru got him through the barrier. How could lasers stop a laser man?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's gonna be some secret vegapunk clone or android or whatever that was deemed a failure and sentenced to the trash can or get locked in a pod thats now loving things up, mad scientists are always leaving these things around

vegapunk chopped himself up into pieces and is growing new vegapunks in the vats, at least thats what robin foreshadowed

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I think it has to be a Vegapunk traitor, mainly because Luffy broke his boots last chapter. It feels like an obvious set-up that the Traitorpunk will do his BwaHaHa speech and lock the boots, only for Luffy to still be mobile.

Have no clue as to why tho.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Don't think it's York, as we already saw when someone gets knocked out their commands can get over-ridden. Hard to see that being turned to stone is some equivalent of being knocked out.

I like the 'failed Vegapunk' idea, or Saturn running around.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That final panel of Luffy and Zoro being utterly revolted at the thought of teaming up with Lucci and Kaku :allears:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Spoilers: good chapter

Jerusalem posted:

That final panel of Luffy and Zoro being utterly revolted at the thought of teaming up with Lucci and Kaku :allears:

:emptyquote:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
But they were, all of them, deceived, for another Vegapunk was made...

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Luffy is gonna be King of the Pirates

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think Kizaru could have already landed on the island and into the labophase with Saturn. Oda really wants us to at least believe that one of the Vegapunks is the traitor.

But, if it was somehow Saturn that gave the order, I think there might be some way that he could give the order directly, and not through a transponder snail. If the Elders are actually super powerful and not just figureheads, what if Saturn has Haki as strong as Shanks? What if he was able to project the order through his haki like Shanks did to greenbull? I don't really believe this is true, but the idea is too interesting not to put out there. It also can work with theories of Shanks being a Celestial Dragon or on some level of status along with the Elders, and that haki technique was developed by them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Do we know where Shiryu is right now?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mabels big day posted:

I don't think Kizaru could have already landed on the island and into the labophase with Saturn. Oda really wants us to at least believe that one of the Vegapunks is the traitor.

But, if it was somehow Saturn that gave the order, I think there might be some way that he could give the order directly, and not through a transponder snail. If the Elders are actually super powerful and not just figureheads, what if Saturn has Haki as strong as Shanks? What if he was able to project the order through his haki like Shanks did to greenbull? I don't really believe this is true, but the idea is too interesting not to put out there. It also can work with theories of Shanks being a Celestial Dragon or on some level of status along with the Elders, and that haki technique was developed by them.

i think a vegapunk is the traitor, but its not who we think.

also, that one vegapunk stated outright "hmm, think im gonna die soon" to dragon which felt... weird

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Possibilities for what is going on:
There is an actual traitor, it's probably Stussy with the explanation that once she betrayed CP0 her command authorization got bumped up to Vegapunk level. She's either a double secret sleeper agent or just working for her own ends.

It's s a Vagapunk, most likely the main one with Bonny, is giving the orders in a convoluted plan that isn't actually a betrayal. It's a complex cover or plan to accomplish the mission despite the interference of CP0/Stussy/Elder Saturn/or whoever.

The World Government slipped their own failsafe into the Seraphim design where if Vegapunk used their authority to order an attack on the government then all Vegapunk authority is deleted. There's some sort of confirmation delay, and that's why it wasn't immediately apparent.

OG Kuma was notified that Bonny was in trouble. That's why he ditched the revolutionaries and has been trying to cross the red line. He actually has the highest tier command authorization, but is operating on very limited programming. In this scenario the Seraphim didn't turn on Vegapunk until Bonny touched the Kuma essence paw print, which robot Kuma registered as a violation of his agreement with Vegapunk.

The Seraphim have become sentient and broken their own programming limitations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
vegapunk going missing, and then killing all of his public versions of himself so he can join the strawhats as something else makes sense. or it could all be an illusion.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Luffy is gonna be King of the Pirates

mabels big day posted:

I don't think

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022