Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Uncle Frank posted:

Chainsaw man and jjk get me through the week

gotta get on one piece too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
never read a manga before but going to try to keep up with new jojo to get my fix`

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
manga is ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

elf help book posted:

manga is ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

manga is ftw

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

manga is ftw

ive been interested in it for a bit just so i can find out what berserk is all about, maybe this year

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t have the patience to stare at it on my computer screen or my phone but all my internet GFs have been huge manga fans.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

ive been interested in it for a bit just so i can find out what berserk is all about, maybe this year

A late part jojo might not be the easiest manga to read for the first time imo. His art can be very busy and action can be harder to parse if you’re not used to it and him in particular imo. But also jojo ftw and start of a new part bandwagon is very hype. Can’t go wrong with berserk though!

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I don’t have the patience to stare at it on my computer screen or my phone but all my internet GFs have been huge manga fans.

yeah i greatly prefer reading on actual paper than screens but with this i can read it during work hours

EmmyOk posted:

A late part jojo might not be the easiest manga to read for the first time imo. His art can be very busy and action can be harder to parse if you’re not used to it and him in particular imo. But also jojo ftw and start of a new part bandwagon is very hype. Can’t go wrong with berserk though!

agreed i had to go back and do a double take on some of the action to understand what was actually happening/how a power was being shown. always down for something new so im ready for the challenge

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

100% check out berserk in th manga, none of the anime are even close to showin how completely fuckin cool berserk is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

yeah i greatly prefer reading on actual paper than screens but with this i can read it during work hours

agreed i had to go back and do a double take on some of the action to understand what was actually happening/how a power was being shown. always down for something new so im ready for the challenge

You should check out ping Pong. Collected in two nice big size volumes and is one of the greatest manga of all time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

You should check out ping Pong. Collected in two nice big size volumes and is one of the greatest manga of all time

and then watch ping pong th e animation because its one of the best anime of all time too

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i wonder how good the eizouken manga is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

and then watch ping pong th e animation because its one of the best anime of all time too

That’s right

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

watched ping pong a year or so ago and it is one of the best things ive seen in my life. did another watch with a friend sometime later just to share it w/someone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

watched ping pong a year or so ago and it is one of the best things ive seen in my life. did another watch with a friend sometime later just to share it w/someone

its one of those shows i rewatch like once a year because its short and completely kicks rear end

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fungah! posted:

100% check out berserk in th manga, none of the anime are even close to showin how completely fuckin cool berserk is

I haven't picked it back up since finishing the Lost Children arc but yeah I started with the '90s anime and the manga so far is fantastic (except Wyald). I need to get back to it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nutmeg posted:

Everything Matsumoto makes is godly. Sunny and No. 5 ftmfw as well

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ve been slowly getting back into anime. Chainsaw Man kicks rear end, Ranking of Kings was pretty cool, but there are way too many choices now and it’s hard for me to find something good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

I’ve been slowly getting back into anime. Chainsaw Man kicks rear end, Ranking of Kings was pretty cool, but there are way too many choices now and it’s hard for me to find something good.

watch eizouken, then jojo's, then ping pong, then hunter x hunter

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

I haven't seen eizouken but ping pong should be second. It's only 13 episodes rather than after the like 200 jojo episodes imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I haven't seen eizouken but ping pong should be second. It's only 13 episodes rather than after the like 200 jojo episodes imo

i went short/long/short/long

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
hunter x hunter ftw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

Thanks for the recommendations. Any recent movies worth watching?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

Thanks for the recommendations. Any recent movies worth watching?

Not sure what recent is for you but tekkonkinkreet is a must watch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When he bums an expensive rear end Cuban off one of these little perps. :letsgo: :qfg:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

Not sure what recent is for you but tekkonkinkreet is a must watch

Like 2010 or later. It’s been awhile

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Would be hype if :qfg: had brown hair and a beige cloak.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

Like 2010 or later. It’s been awhile

If you haven’t seen redline you need to watch it at all costs as soon as possible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Correct

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You should watch Mushishi too

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

When he bums an expensive rear end Cuban off one of these little perps. :letsgo: :qfg:

best is when he's just grabbing snacks from murder scenes cause he shows up hungry lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

If you haven’t seen redline you need to watch it at all costs as soon as possible

this

also watch the db super brolly movie

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This cruise ship one is tight lol it’s like Hitman Blood Money

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Been listening to a lot of Orville Peck lately. He’s like a gayer cowboy Elvis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3esGD6lcMM

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The first manga I read was Jiraishin in the original fan translation and I have absolutely no memory of why. It kicked rear end but I've never seen anyone talk about it lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

remember hearing dead of night for the first time on the radio while about to hit a tunnel and then just pulling off to download pony on my phone so i wouldn't miss half of the song in the tunnel lol. he's p ftw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fungah! posted:

It's a shame that the closest is still the 97 show lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sub-Actuality posted:

good poo poo

that's right

copy posted:

remember hearing dead of night for the first time on the radio while about to hit a tunnel and then just pulling off to download pony on my phone so i wouldn't miss half of the song in the tunnel lol. he's p ftw

lol hell yeah