Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CodfishCartographer posted:

One chapter in and we've got our first Araki Forgot.

I was looking at Jodio's outfit to plan out a cosplay, and was curious what the back of it looked like.

Usually it's drawn open, like so:

BUT THEN RANDOMLY IN SOME OF THE BACK SHOTS, HE HAS THESE SUSPENDERS?

Okay not really Araki Forgot, almost certainly just a small detail change that happened midway through chapter drawing, and next month it'll probably be consistent. Or maybe Araki just doesn't care / couldn't decide lmao.

It's part of his stand power

The stand is a jellyfish after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Son of a bitch

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 9 - Grand Theft Auto.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chapter one is fun. I enjoy how Dragona seemingly seemed pissed off at Jodio for nearly killing the police, but it turns out they were actually just pissed off that he might have done something to attract more police attention; as soon as Jodio brings up he can destroy all evidence, Dragona is totally fine with everything.

Also Dragona is great and I eagerly await canon pronouns.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yinlock posted:

We don't even know what it actually does, and let's be honest it's probably going to do something different by the time we're halfway through

idk seems pretty straightforward to me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My worry with Dragona being trans is that if the villain use her identity for cheap this guy sucks points, it's still printing lovely lines even when they're meant to be lovely.

It's a fine line to tread between erasing the violence trans folk feel day to day for existence and perpetuating it, even if the intent isn't bad, for your manga.

Dragona and Jodio both have the potential to be toppest tier JoJo characters, and I can't wait for more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

also i love the fact that this grown rear end woman with the generic rear end american name BARBARA ANN called her kids Dragona and Jodio

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imagine Gappy is in the villa and fills a jotaro style role in part 4 or something

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

zetamind2000 posted:

Tsurugi, and the heist turns into hallucination nightmare mansion

I'm gonna be so disappointed when this isn't the case because "surprise you're all in Paper Moon King hallucination hell for trying to rob me" would be so loving good.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

This is basically Golden Wind so far right? Exotic location, gang of gangsters, can’t trust the police, and they have a similar goal although there is some difference between ”wanna be a gangstar, no kids with drugs on my street” vs ”this is me getting filthy rich yo”

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

they're opposites because Jodio is a gangster that sells drugs, making him the anti-Giorno.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jodio's enemy will be Giornathan

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

also i love the fact that this grown rear end woman with the generic rear end american name BARBARA ANN called her kids Dragona and Jodio
Looking at her newborn child: "Yeah, that's a Jodio for sure."

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

managed to grab a physical ultra jump copy but does anyone know how to get the t shirt? is it mail order?

one last shot since i really want the t shirt. lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

one last shot since i really want the t shirt. lol
i believe there's something in there you have to cut out and mail to ultra jump HQ, yeah. not sure if it's the kinda thing thatd do international shipping, unless you're in japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yess, thank you Fluffdaddy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Endorph posted:

i believe there's something in there you have to cut out and mail to ultra jump HQ, yeah. not sure if it's the kinda thing thatd do international shipping, unless you're in japan.

ah i'm currently in japan but yeah will not be by the time this mails out. do have a friend here but don't know if i want to put that on her.

thanks for the help endorph!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/fishfudbutsad/status/1626326155161702400?t=vNwLfatkXQ6qHL17c2ZYEA&s=19

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

flossing at inappropriate times is 100% jojo behaviour

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Allow me to 「Chug Jug With You」

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

「BABY SHARK」

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

「BABY SHARK」

This is my stando

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Neat! This one's got a promising start!

And it wastes zero time, lol. Here's the gang. Here's our weird Stands. Here's us loving up cops. Here's the mission. Here's the hook from Jojolion. Here's the promise that things will go to poo poo. Glorious.

It really feels like classic JoJo from Part 5, with a goal, a gang, and lots of potential for goddamn weird stand battles along the way, except more... to the point. I really like the direct narration by Jodio, it's a very fun way to deliver exposition. And the relation between Dragona and Jodio was a pretty nice introduction - I really like the little touch of Dragona telling Jodio that she appreciates the gesture (of violently loving up evil cops). That's big sibling energy right there.

Also, I can't wait for Paco to be buff in the weirdest ways, I already love the dude

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Cannot wait to see what wackadoo poo poo Tingle can do that Meryl Mei thinks is going to be absolutely vital for the heist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized that November Rain is probably going to join the very small club of Stands whose powers are a direct reference to the reference in their name, like Killer Queen and Made in Heaven. The Hand and Nut King Cole don't count because they had to change a letter to make it work.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Aerosmith

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

My best guess is NR has something to do with controlling gravity under it, given the water beatdowns and Jodio jumping like super mario

e: I mean gravity as in physics, not [Gravity]

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Yinlock posted:

My best guess is NR has something to do with controlling gravity under it, given the water beatdowns and Jodio jumping like super mario

e: I mean gravity as in physics, not [Gravity]

If November Rain starts out with the power of gravity manipulation, by the end of Part 9 it will have the power of [GRAVITY] manipulation, because that's how things work in the SBR-verse :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
November Rain doesn't seem like a combat built Stand unless it swaps between a combat mode and an ability mode. I wonder how it will grow as the part goes on.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It won't and the only person with a punch stand will be the tingle looking freak

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

November Rain doesn't seem like a combat built Stand unless it swaps between a combat mode and an ability mode. I wonder how it will grow as the part goes on.

I'm hoping and praying it has something equivalent to Catch the Rainbow with alternative forms of water manipulation.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

they're opposites because Jodio is a gangster that sells drugs, making him the anti-Giorno.

The polar opposite of Giorno is Joseph, and beating up pigs is pretty Joseph of him, but Jodio makes me think of like a more slight iteration of Giorno, or one plucked out of an adjacent timeline: one where his family life was actually p good, good enough for him to feel comfy eking out a low rung existence in whatever organization this is so long as he makes that dosh. That sticks out to me more than the drugs.

theory: whoever they encounter at the villa pulls a reverse Bruno and turns Jodio off the criminal path, with his diamond dream[M E C H A N I S M]

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 17, 2023

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Dragona is incredibly based and I'm super excited to see them gently caress poo poo up with their body horror stand. Most hype I've been for JoJo ever.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dragona is also going to be the healer right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Someone compared Meryl to the typical height of retail sliding doors in the US and she's probably about 7 feet tall, which makes her the tallest character in the entire series, beating out the pillar men at 6'5"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How tall was Polpo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think he has an official height but he's more wide than anything

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

bobjr posted:

Dragona is also going to be the healer right?

Can't wait for her to slide an injury from herself onto some poor unsuspecting rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's wild how stupidly hype i am to see further chapters in this, the first chapter is such an incredibly strong start for slapping you right in the face with fun characters