Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Bring back suit of armor ghost Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mr.Acula posted:

Bring back suit of armor ghost Zelda

I’m hearing Zelda is trapped in that armor and has fallen down

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_EQ0HjkjM

M2 porting SNES classic Valken/Cybernator to Switch.

Oh hell yeah, this game is a blast. You really feel like you're piloting a cool 90s anime mech. Don't sleep on this one

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Switch update 16.0.0 is out.

The changelog makes it look like outside of breaking homebrew systems that they updated the bad words list and those usernames will be displayed as ???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dehry posted:

Switch update 16.0.0 is out.

The changelog makes it look like outside of breaking homebrew systems that they updated the bad words list and those usernames will be displayed as ???

What if that's a new slur

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i havent played a zelda game yet i might wait for the new one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was hoping they’d go in a different direction with the new one. It looks exactly like BotW. Of course that’s not a bad thing, the original was great. I was just hoping for a Majora’s Mask type of a new style.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Kvlt! posted:

i havent played a zelda game yet i might wait for the new one

If you have the Nintendo online service either Link To The Past and Link's Awakening are both really good games that are easy to get into and not very long if you are curious what the games pre-BOTW were like.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RCarr posted:

I was hoping they’d go in a different direction with the new one. It looks exactly like BotW. Of course that’s not a bad thing, the original was great. I was just hoping for a Majora’s Mask type of a new style.

i mean they've been pretty secretive about the game as a whole, we know that it uses botw's map as a base but there are locations in the trailer that don't line up with any locations from botw

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

RCarr posted:

I just want more time loop games. :kiddo:

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Will have to check if to invest in Split Pad Pro, a friend can let me try them.

I'm also on the fence about the split pad vs a pro controller, I only play in handheld with an oled, so I would be happy to hear anything about either experience

e: I should mention that I'm not playing on the go either, so portability isn't a concern, just the actual feel/response of both

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 21, 2023

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

we up to version 16 for the OS and that light ring around the home button just does nothing.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

postmodifier posted:

I'm also on the fence about the split pad vs a pro controller, I only play in handheld with an oled, so I would be happy to hear anything about either experience

e: I should mention that I'm not playing on the go either, so portability isn't a concern, just the actual feel/response of both

I know people love the split pad but I already feel like the switch is a touch too big with stock joycons and don't think making it even wider would help. I picked up one of these and it works very nicely for me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sweet Jesus

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Lol wtf

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what the hell is even that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I use one to play xCloud games on my phone and it works pretty well. I dunno how the weight of a joyconless Switch compares to your standard smart phone but I imagine it's in the same ballpark.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

copped a few games from my local gamestop kid, he knows whos boss lol

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Thread sure has a lot of cop lovers

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

glassyalabolas posted:

we up to version 16 for the OS and that light ring around the home button just does nothing.

Wrong. It's used if you set a reminder to exercise in Ring Fit AdventureTM :smug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Augus posted:

i mean they've been pretty secretive about the game as a whole, we know that it uses botw's map as a base but there are locations in the trailer that don't line up with any locations from botw

Yea I guess. But like 90% of the trailer looks like it’s literally the original Breath of the Wild.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

RCarr posted:

Yea I guess. But like 90% of the trailer looks like it’s literally the original Breath of the Wild.

The game was delayed because it didn't have enough new stuff so I imagine they have made additional changes to the map.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

FYI, play-asia has pixel remaster copies up if you've given up on a SE store restock.

https://www.play-asia.com/final-fantasy-i-vi-pixel-remaster-collection-english/13/70g0qp

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Does Nintendo ever do the thing where they don't show you the good stuff in the trailer, or completely trick you about the content of a game? Like mgs2 style?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kid Icarus Uprising mostly kept quiet about everything after Medusa. Apparently there was even a Japanese guidebook that stopped there.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Getting a couple hours into Pikmin 3. I feel like I would enjoy this a lot more without the sunlight timer. I just always feel pressured to do everything fast and I would be relaxing having a much better time without it. If I don’t work fast we will eventually run out of fruit lol.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

glassyalabolas posted:

Update the firmware on your pro controller and then plug it into your PC. Other than that, you can use ring fit adventure to set an alarm that will cause that ring to light up to remind you to play ring fit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redreader posted:

Does Nintendo ever do the thing where they don't show you the good stuff in the trailer, or completely trick you about the content of a game? Like mgs2 style?

No, pulling surprises or subverting expectations to make a statement isn't really their thing. In a sense that sets them up to really pull something, but I can't imagine them actually going that route.

The biggest surprise they could pull is you playing as Zelda instead of Link and that ain't happening, and any moment of playable Zelda needs to be a marketing pull since it's been like 25 years of people wanting that.

If there's new map, they'll definitely need to market that too since some people won't be super enticed by repeat map even even they make some new craters or wrecked spots or whatever.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I feel like they are going to add a bunch of caves and sky islands and that’s it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Barreft posted:

copped a few games from my local gamestop kid, he knows whos boss lol

the aids is spreading

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

the aids is spreading

I was poofing some beefers while copping them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

redreader posted:

not in the sense of “making an artistic statement” but they’ve hid major things before just because they make for fun surprises.
kid icarus uprising is the biggest example, it basically makes lying to the player’s face into an art form

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

redreader posted:

Closest in recent memory is some very early game XBC3 stuff when they're still explaining the basics of the world, but the marketing itself made it very clear where the first few hours of plot are going to drop you off.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just finished fire emblem engage chapter 10 and idk why people complain about this turn of events, this owns a lot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it rules

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Khanstant posted:

The biggest surprise they could pull is you playing as Zelda instead of Link and that ain't happening, and any moment of playable Zelda needs to be a marketing pull since it's been like 25 years of people wanting that.

Didn't Spirit Tracks let you play as Zelda or something? I don't remember that one much anymore

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Spirit Tracks had Zelda as a ghost you could have possess certain enemies and make them do things Link couldn't. You would use the stylus to "draw" a path for her.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hyrule Warriors lets you play as Zelda. :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1627894809791692802

https://twitter.com/BongGyroid/status/1627843262185713666

Dehry fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay