Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

Yoru meets Yoru

both Yoru's got drip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/cosiecottage/status/1627664140151181315

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Steve Yun posted:

Yoru meets Yoru

Definitely fake, CS!Yoru looks way too well put together, she should be a walking disaster

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

You know it's CSM fanart when it looks better than the original.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Neo_Crimson posted:

You know it's CSM fanart when it looks better than the original.

I love my chunky scribbly slop art manga

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to actually reading the manga from where the anime left off and boy was that a crazy ride.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Octopus Devil so proud of himself

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I dunno, I've been expecting Yoshida to die ever since he showed up in part one and yet he keeps living.

Maybe he will manage to survive a date with a girl who can kill you by touching you if you go out with her?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno, I've been expecting Yoshida to die ever since he showed up in part one and yet he keeps living.

Maybe he will manage to survive a date with a girl who can kill you by touching you if you go out with her?

I suspect that Yoshida is even more heartless than Denji and already knows the entire deal behind the War Devil and has some suspicions about Famine. I am very sure he will survive the date at least.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yoshida will 100% live thru this only to die to something stupid

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Yoshida and Octopus gonna end up inside Asa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE58ZtIpNSo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

He will die of a cold

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Denji becoming more like Aki everyday is delightful

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yoshida lives all the way through part 2, then dies on the last page of the last chapter when Kobeni accidentally hits him with her car.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Yoshida lives all the way through part 2, then dies on the last page of the last chapter when Kobeni accidentally hits him with her car.

This is how they reintroduce Power. Who of course was walking by, innocently, undriving.
Unless he was evil...?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015591

New chapter

sube
Nov 7, 2022

nayuta is such a brat. love it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yoshida to Asa in the most recent chapter: https://youtu.be/B9mpZbXaomk?t=83

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"Oh no! He's meeting all of my standards!"

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I feel like the best evidence that there's something up with Yoshida is his line "These days with books and TV" - like, that sounds like the words of someone who's been around since before even BOOKS were a thing. Or at least since widespread public access to them was. Blaming TV isn't a huge red flag, but blaming books comes off as odd to me.

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Yoshida to Asa in the most recent chapter: https://youtu.be/B9mpZbXaomk?t=83

i love her expressions

Also, excited to see Yoru /Asa and Denji team up next chapter against the devil

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmQGR99XbA

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Yoru displaying a tiny hint of sympathy and consoling Asa seems big

this entire exchange on page 13 is so good. This panel in particular, where it's just Yoru's speechless face - it doesn't have its usual snarky/condescending retort because it understands how Yoru feels. Its time with Asa and feeling the same emotions as her has changed it. Its beginning to understand humans.

yum fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 21, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey, you. Yes, you. I agree with you and your thoughts.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/biyuuji/status/1628057512984424450?s=20

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You gotta love Asa multiple times immediately assuming someone is into her, being disgusted with them, then getting the shocked Pikachu face when it turns out she misread the situation and making herself depressed.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

goddamn just give this girl one solitary W

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Part two kicks rear end, I love these idiots

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EmmyOk posted:

No :colbert:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

Asa got everyone out of the aquarium all on her own

Yoru giving Asa a pep talk is both hilarious and sad

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Hey, you. Yes, you. I agree with you and your thoughts.

He's affirming my values!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CodfishCartographer posted:

I feel like the best evidence that there's something up with Yoshida is his line "These days with books and TV" - like, that sounds like the words of someone who's been around since before even BOOKS were a thing. Or at least since widespread public access to them was. Blaming TV isn't a huge red flag, but blaming books comes off as odd to me.

Back at the aquarium he said something like "high school students have cell phones these days?" which really didn't seem like a something a high schooler would say, but rather something someone pretending to be a high school age student and isn't quite sure what technology kids these days use would say.

Yoshida's parasocial relationships speech is pretty interesting because it's basically "I think stalking is healthier than trying to build a meaningful relationship with someone" and that says a lot about his worldview.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Back at the aquarium he said something like "high school students have cell phones these days?" which really didn't seem like a something a high schooler would say, but rather something someone pretending to be a high school age student and isn't quite sure what technology kids these days use would say.

Yoshida's parasocial relationships speech is pretty interesting because it's basically "I think stalking is healthier than trying to build a meaningful relationship with someone" and that says a lot about his worldview.

It's because it's set in 1997 so phones aren't ubiquitous yet

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

EmmyOk posted:

It's because it's set in 1997 so phones aren't ubiquitous yet

Was the concept of parasocial relationships well known in the late 90s? Obviously with youtubers and twitch streamers it's quite common to hear about it these days, at least online, but I don't recall that sort of conversation happening about TV personalities in the 90s. Maybe could see it happening in the 50s-70s when TVs started becoming more widespread?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Parasocial Relationships and Parasocial Interactions were coined in the mid 50s. Anyone going through the Beatles would have known it even if they didn't know the exact term. In the 80s it seemed to come more to the point of getting studied and with the advent of social media etc, it's clearly an issue now. I think in the 90s, you'd be on the cusp of it but it's not like it wouldn't necessarily be unknown.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Robviously posted:

Parasocial Relationships and Parasocial Interactions were coined in the mid 50s. Anyone going through the Beatles would have known it even if they didn't know the exact term. In the 80s it seemed to come more to the point of getting studied and with the advent of social media etc, it's clearly an issue now. I think in the 90s, you'd be on the cusp of it but it's not like it wouldn't necessarily be unknown.

Yeah I guess to clarify, I figured that it'd been known about by psychologists / sociologists / etc since probably around the time radio wide widespread, but I didn't think it'd be well-known enough in the 90s to casually mention to someone in high school and expect them to know what you mean.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Elite posted:

He's affirming my values!
gently caress off

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So... Suicide Devil? Social Anxiety Devil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

CodfishCartographer posted:

Good catch.

Maybe he’s the clay tablet devil