Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

zetamind2000 posted:

It blows my mind that we've reached the point where JoJo's protagonists are teenagers during or after 2020

We're going on an adventure with a group that has at least one character that's spent the past few years calling people sus

At the risk of holding Araki too hard to reality; it was only around late last year that businesses took down their "YOU MUST WEAR MASKS" signs and by now all of the locals have stopped wearing masks. So I'm going to assume this series takes place tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i have decided that worrying about the mask thing in a comic would be absolute lunacy though it would be funny if they used it as an excuse at some point

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's just say Jodio and Dragona are vaccinated

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Patware posted:

i have decided that worrying about the mask thing in a comic would be absolute lunacy though it would be funny if they used it as an excuse at some point

https://mangadex.org/chapter/86986c93-89b9-4ffe-99c8-97fe6bb2c383/7

did you not see the thus spoke rohan chapter from last year

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

lih posted:

The one thing I'll always remember from this chapter is that the homunculus reflection of rohan's dark side is heterosexual

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

lih posted:

what does that have to do with what i've said about part 9

lih
May 15, 2013

it's set sometime earlier in the pandemic and includes rohan complaining about wearing a mask (while at home alone)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That was a pretty good chapter. I'm gonna have to read all the other Rohan chapters aren't I?

Distinctly evocative of Milagro Man from JJL.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's just say Jodio and Dragona are vaccinated

A lot of people here are! The reason we dropped mask rules and poo poo were because of tourists :argh:

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The funniest thing about that chapter is how Rohan doesn’t care that his shadow self shacked up with a crazy stalker with a pet crocodile, but is instead super mad that his alternate self Compromised His Artistic Integrity.

Truly, peak Rohan.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Elite posted:

The funniest thing about that chapter is how Rohan doesn’t care that his shadow self shacked up with a crazy stalker with a pet crocodile, but is instead super mad that his alternate self Compromised His Artistic Integrity.

Truly, peak Rohan.

Personally the best part for me is his efforts to undo the doppleganger's actions were mostly in vain because it was the editor who changed the design and lied to his face about him being the one who did it. They deserve each other.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rohan :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there anyone who is as equally lovable/unlovable as Rohan.

He's such a dickhead, but he's our dickhead

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Joshuu

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he's not really lovable, i was glad when he melted into a loving puddle

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Asking a stalker to get out of your yard and telling Disney lawyers to screw themselves are all above board, IMO.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
He shouldn't have moved the rock near that tree, though. Leave no trace

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

he's not really lovable, i was glad when he melted into a loving puddle

Rohan in the original part 4 manga is constantly being a freak and a perv. The only reason he didn't get an even more intimate read about a teenage girls first menstruation was Koichi was there to shame him.

They're equally poo poo people. Rohan bridges that by being competent and determined. Joshuu bridges it being even more pathetic but determined.

The milargo man arc is just a Thus Spoke chapter for a reason and you can easily swap Rohan in.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Rohan and Dio are very similar characters in alot of respects, Rohan's megalomania is just directed in a slightly healthier direction than 'wants to conquer the world and dominate everyone'

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Joshuu even hates the Josuke of the part and is obsessed with his own perceived friendship and relationship with the Hirose secondary protagonist.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Joshuu is Incel Rohan

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The milargo man arc is just a Thus Spoke chapter for a reason and you can easily swap Rohan in.

Oh my God it really isn't it?

lih
May 15, 2013

joshu is just terrible all around while rohan is at least endearingly weird

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

lih posted:

joshu is just terrible all around while rohan is at least endearingly weird

Yeah it's why joshuu is constantly owned in the funniest way and that's what makes him fun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joshu made the greatest sacrifice in the fight against Tooru: his jerkin' hand.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/muchi80993512/status/1627885068130844672

"Are you the one dealing drugs?"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah it's why joshuu is constantly owned in the funniest way and that's what makes him fun.

except for that time he sexually assaulted a woman. and also that other time he sexually assaulted a woman.

rohan is lovable because he's a smug prick that gets owned a lot by his own pride and never learns anything from it, joshuu is just vile and deserved way worse than he got

e: Like most of the higashikatas were aggressively awful people too, but Joshuu was Really Bad

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 22, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope Jodio and the gang all beat the poo poo out of Joshuu on his vacation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

same

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think it's good that joshu kind of died

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Mods pls make my avatar joshuu's hand, tia

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So, I think Jodio's Stand makes water sprinkler stuff but when it comes out of the Stand they're as strong as a punch. I think those cops were getting punched personally.

Also, I can't wait until Dragona uses their Stand to turn themself into an Italian dragon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

with how Soft & Wet eventually came round to being spin powered/influenced, a stand that apparently can make it rain with extreme force as a base power and has a water jet cutter nozzle on its bottom is probably going to get into some wild shenanigans when spin probably comes back.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

So, I think Jodio's Stand makes water sprinkler stuff but when it comes out of the Stand they're as strong as a punch.

So what you're saying is his power is peeing really hard

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my power NOVEMBER RAIN has made all of the water molecules in hawai'i spin in the golden ratio, i can command them at will

so give me the vbucks cards, i need to buy the goku skin for no build mode

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Yinlock posted:

e: Like most of the higashikatas were aggressively awful people too, but Joshuu was Really Bad

This is true, but most stand users in general are awful people when they first appear. Then they get beaten up once, suddenly start behaving themselves and kind of randomly get forgiven.

There are plenty of characters that are complete dickheads at first, get defeated, then hang around as an ally or even a JoBro and get a chance to redeem themselves later on. The difference is the Higashikatas don’t really do anything after their first loss, or they actively get worse over time.

Joshuu is just terrible though. If most characters act like an rear end in a top hat with their stand, then Joshuu acts like an rear end in a top hat as his core personality.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

my power NOVEMBER RAIN has made all of the water molecules in hawai'i spin in the golden ratio, i can command them at will

so give me the vbucks cards, i need to buy the goku skin for no build mode

My stand NOVEMBER RAIN has harnessed the spin from the Coriolis Effect to snap everybody in half. Do not question the physics involved.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

peeing really hard

No it was jellyfish

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So what you're saying is his power is peeing really hard

My Stand can make water molecules rotate according to the Golden Ratio. Nothing can withstand this golden shower!

Why the gently caress are you laughing, I'm serious guys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

My Stand can make water molecules rotate according to the Golden Ratio. Nothing can withstand this golden shower!

Why the gently caress are you laughing, I'm serious guys

No, it's jellyfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Elite posted:

This is true, but most stand users in general are awful people when they first appear. Then they get beaten up once, suddenly start behaving themselves and kind of randomly get forgiven.

There are plenty of characters that are complete dickheads at first, get defeated, then hang around as an ally or even a JoBro and get a chance to redeem themselves later on. The difference is the Higashikatas don’t really do anything after their first loss, or they actively get worse over time.

Joshuu is just terrible though. If most characters act like an rear end in a top hat with their stand, then Joshuu acts like an rear end in a top hat as his core personality.

My stand NOVEMBER RAIN has harnessed the spin from the Coriolis Effect to snap everybody in half. Do not question the physics involved.

Yeah it's a proud Jojo tradition to have future party members be just outstandingly, ridiculously evil and/or weird when they first show up. Bruno is my go-to on that front because I'm never ready for what a complete freak he is when he first shows up. Rohan probably changes the least but he does tone it down from laughing maniacally while torturing Koichi.

Meanwhile, the Higshikata Roll Call in order of shittiness, endgame part 8 spoilers.

Hato: Pure angel. Did nothing wrong besides having terrible taste in men.
Norisuke: Early creepy monologues aside, ended up a stand-up dude. Not a particularly successful parent though.
Tsurugi: Was fairly lovely but was also a child on curse death row so I'm cutting him a lot of slack.
Daiya: Tried to brainwash an amnesiac man, pretty hosed up,. Ends up low on the list because she did nothing whatsoever afterward.
Mitsuba: A self-absorbed dickhead. Had a cool redeeming moment with her big fight but then tried to kill Yasuho during the finale, so welp.
Jobin: Selfish dumbass. Did care about his son but also nearly got everyone killed multiple times(and did get himself killed) by being fundamentally unable to interact with the world in a way that wasn't accruing power for himself.
Kaato: The reason said dumbass was so dumb. Literal child murderer. Did genuinely care about her son and grandchild at least.
Joshuu: Women Assaulter, hyper-aggressive creep who never learns anything. Any glimpses of a redeeming quality are always swiftly snuffed out by his impulsively selfish nature.