Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it was later revealed that ape holders could not, in fact, use multiple slurp juices on a single ape.

if you are all referring to this reply

https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/status/1521862877250039809

it sounds like a spoof thing and not real info

but it's impossible to tell because nobody ever slurped a single ape because nobody wanted nfts that weren't even on the blockchain all other nfts were on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
let’s not forget the Halo voice guy doing a bored ape thing

https://youtu.be/qtLWbrOircQ

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
also worth noting that there are two separate apes called astro apes, and that the company that made the slurp juice astro apes now rebranded themselves under their new based apes

so many apes

Khorne
May 1, 2002
what percent value loss beats the market?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

also worth noting that there are two separate apes called astro apes, and that the company that made the slurp juice astro apes now rebranded themselves under their new based apes

so many apes
many apes on Ix. new apes.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

ymgve posted:

but it's impossible to tell because nobody ever slurped a single ape because nobody wanted nfts that weren't even on the blockchain all other nfts were on

i don't know what to believe anymore!! :psyduck:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
yeah, she’s a writer and humorist, that was a joke

so feel free to multi-slurp your ape

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
unlabeled parodying of bitcoin is a dangerous game

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Boxturret posted:

unlabeled parodying of bitcoin is a dangerous game

At least it's not the most dangerous game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ymgve posted:

i went diving into twitter and found a contemporary thread 'explaining' it from the creators

so basically the original ape nft is irrelevant and it's actually just a lootbox with random poo poo in it

also it turned out to be massively money-losing, with the all-time trading volume for the lootbox contents being almost 0

100 bsv is about 4-5k usd in total lifetime trading volume and that's including all the typical crypto wash trades

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sometimes you slurp the juice, and sometimes the juice slurps you.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I'll make my own game with monetization and loot boxes! Actually, forget about the game

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zlodo posted:

I'll make my own game with monetization and loot boxes! Actually, forget about the game

"Its whatever the community wants! And it seems like the community wants me to rugpull them"

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the volune is low because they are all hodling as it will be worth that much more later

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wild EEPROM posted:

the volune is low because they are all hodling as it will be worth that much more later

15 year timer counting down

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/NotBrunoAgain/status/1628843663177531392

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

whoa what just happened here?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

whoa what just happened here?

twitter is ripping off Reddit gold. only the reply is a joke

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haveblue posted:

yeah yeah, but can i use multiple slurp juices on one diamond?

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
not the most intuitive joke

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

did you just miss the old "what just happened here?!" changetip bitcoiner joke or do you not know about it, it's admittedly pretty old

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

tak posted:

not the most intuitive joke

i can not believe what you brazil.txt !

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
buttcoin

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
is the diamond slurp juice the joke, or is the twitter coins turning into diamonds turning into real money the joke and the diamond slurp juice another layer on top, or

it can't be that stupid, you must be explaining it wrong

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
3apes1juice

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1629253656469020676?s=46&t=v_rVNb1F6w-pfBHiKxvZgA

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Siri. Show me one of those tweets where it’s really, really hard to tell if it’s parody but it’s unfortunately real

https://twitter.com/foldablehuman/status/1629383456693301248?s=46&t=C-gKKNWbTQWqdq3POB4Q-A

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
https://twitter.com/RealEmShah/status/1628623956336078849

The man worked for the Obama admin...

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

a low point in his illustrious career

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this demolition man sequel sucks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Kumar goes to Taco Bell

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

oh he's the guy who gave up his movie career to work in the Obama administration

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
but *which* metaverse does it happen in?

it's pretty damning when someone don't mention the name of the thing and instead use the generic hyped name

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 25, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ymgve posted:

decentraland, the one most like second life because it looks like poo poo, runs terribly and for some reason a bunch of massive companies have paid actual money to have presences in it, samsung did one of their product reveals in it, and by did a product reveal i mean embedded the same video stream everyone sane was watching on youtube in a virtual samsung store

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
did anyone do flying dicks in the metaverse yet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zlodo posted:

did anyone do flying dicks in the metaverse yet

Pretty sure you can't. Nobody has anything below the belt there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pretty sure the facebook metaverse has no meaningful user-generated content, it's all brands getting permission to run managed areas and virtual clones of boring offices, so flying dicks are almost certainly out of the question

decentraland could have flying dicks but you'd probably have to spend a significant amount of crypto to enable it and there's no overlap between people with enough crypto and people who want to disrupt decentraland

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ymgve posted:

it's pretty damning when someone don't mention the name of the thing and instead use the generic hyped name

It’s because acknowledging that there are multiple platforms that serve the same purpose but are exclusive from each other lays bare the stupidity of the entire concept.

So instead every company just pretends that their lovely version of second life is The Metaverse in the hopes that someday their fantasy of owning the platform on which every single person lives their virtual day-to-day life becomes reality.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

maybe the floating upper halves of metaverse true believers are the flying dicks in this analogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

haveblue posted:

decentraland could have flying dicks but you'd probably have to spend a significant amount of crypto to enable it and there's no overlap between people with enough crypto and people who want to disrupt decentraland

Finally, a case where stealing crypto is clearly morally justified.